History Friday - Patches

Guest Fade77

I saw the thread last week about everyone's favorite airplanes, and thought it'd be a cool to see what everyone's favorite patches are - either from your previous squadrons, or historical ones too.

My two are from the 318th Fighter Interceptor Squadron at McChord (now gone), and the 7th Tactical Fighter Squadron at Holloman (now 7th CTS) - didn't fly in either one, but both have sentimental value to me because of family ties to the squadrons.

Happy Friday to all!

8biboya.jpg8bynb4o.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Speaking of patches, the guy that did the KC-135 "Your Hole Is Our Goal" patches now also has some of these...

teaci29.jpg

If anyone wants one, PM me and I will send you his info...

Cheers! M2

These are now out for Loads, so if anyone wants one let me know...

Cheers! M2

Guest DDerrick51

There is a patch wall at Elington Field that has some great ones. I liked (I am sure a great quote like that has been used many on many patches) one with the quote "All stick and no trim".

Kirtland base ops has an amazing patch wall, the history is incredible. They have every single space mission, for example. For a history buff it's a can't miss visit. One day I was leaning against the weather desk awaiting my dash one and somehow my eye just caught this really primitive, ghetto patch, from a unit that flew some small transport aircraft in vietnam (been a while, can't remember the plane). I will never forget how it captured my eye though "the tiny winy air transport service--the TWATS."

Maybe some ballsy JCA unit will retake the name.

a unit that flew some small transport aircraft in vietnam (been a while, can't remember the plane). I will never forget how it captured my eye though "the tiny winy air transport service--the TWATS."

That's a Caribou slogan.

80vkeh5.jpg

HD

• 2 months later...