Classic - PA F*cks Up Again!

M2

• 5 months later...
Had to do one more...

New LTs Waiting For EAD, We're Waiting For You, (or you're waiting on us, either way we won't pay you for six months :flipoff: )

Nice! Maybe this would be more appropriate in the de-motivational posters thread, since this is the reality we are all facing.

Casual LTs - We've been waiting for you...

to clean :

var_janitor.jpg

buy food :

200606301624-pix1.jpg

do the mindless tasks no one else wants to do :

"We're gonna need some volunteers to be 'extras' in the mock cow invasion exercise today."

cow_costume.jpg

(all in good fun :thumbsup:)

• 1 year later...

Had to do one more...

New LTs Waiting For EAD, We're Waiting For You, (or you're waiting on us, either way we won't pay you for six months :flipoff: )

We're back to the six month wait again? At least that's better than my year group ('93) faced- I had to wait 12 months with no pay to enter active duty after grad and some of the guys I know had to wait 18 months.

C-17 Pilots: We've been waiting for you

UAV Pilots: We've been waiting for you

Failed Posts: Sirjrod00, we've been waiting for you.

hms_fail.jpg

• 1 year later...

OK, a bit of a thread revival...

I am sitting here ignoring AFN in the background (I am in southern Germany at the moment), and there is a "news brief" on the 480FS being at Graf Ignatievo Air Base in Bulgaria. I think they do a quick interview with Lt Col Andrew Wolcott (480 FS/CC), but like I said I wasn't paying attention. Still, I glance up and see they have his rank as "LtCol" like he's a Marine. OK, I know that it knit-picking; but then I notice they have his unit as the "480th Flight Squadron!"

Fucking hell, this is USAFE/PA doing this piece; you'd think 1) they'd know basic military ranks, and 2) they'd know that "FS" stands for "Fighter Squadron." :bash:

Oh, and then I notice in the USAFE/PA press release on combined training exercise they call Graf Ignatievo an "Air Force Base." Jeez, have they not figured out that most countries simply call them "air bases?!?" They've been dorking this up with USAFE bases for years ("Ramstein Air Force Base"); but you'd think for a country they're not used to reporting on, they'd bother doing a little fact-checking!

Sorry, I am a bit sleep deprived; but it's been five years since I've been stationed in this AOR (and over 28 years since the first time), and PA here is still dicking the pooch!

Cheers! M2

Oh, and then I notice in the USAFE/PA press release on combined training exercise they call Graf Ignatievo an "Air Force Base." Jeez, have they not figured out that most countries simply call them "air bases?!?" They've been dorking this up with USAFE bases for years ("Ramstein Air Force Base"); but you'd think for a country they're not used to reporting on, they'd bother doing a little fact-checking!

Not just an issue with PA. I got an email from the MSS about re-submitting my SGLI, reason: "Ramstein Air Base" was not the proper nomenclature.

...ahem...yeah about that...

• 9 months later...