Do Something Amazing

On www.airforce.com there's a series of recruitment video's entitled "Do Something Amazing." Turn up the volume on your speakers and click this link: Eagle pilot curses out boom operator. It's a video clip of an F-15C getting some gas and if you listen closely you'll hear the pilot on hot mic saying "How about you make contact DIPSH*T!!!" Another funny link is this one: Propeller engines?. Apparently the TF-34's on the Warthog sound just like the P-51. Maybe the Air Force should "do something amazing" and have someone QC their website. Enjoy,

HOSS

Guest Dwight Schrute

That is pretty good. What is even more impressive is that they finally got the KC-135 moniker right. If you read at the bottom of vid player you will see what I am talking about. Go Mother Ship!

Guest Dwight Schrute

If you play that refueling game you may notice that those bastards at the DoD already have new recruits thinking about fuel conservation. Best range for all my friends!

Impossible. Eagle drivers only get pissy when you disconnect cause they're about to bust a limit then want an explanation why.

Wow that is classic. I thought at first it was a "fake" page with the wildcard added after the website until I went to the office and typed the normal link into my computer. Sure enough, it is the same one... I love it!!!

P.S. "Boom" was actually making the contact on that video (he told me) :-)

On www.airforce.com there's a series of recruitment video's entitled "Do Something Amazing." Turn up the volume on your speakers and click this link: Eagle pilot curses out boom operator. It's a video clip of an F-15C getting some gas and if you listen closely you'll hear the pilot on hot mic saying "How about you make contact DIPSH*T!!!" Another funny link is this one: Propeller engines?. Apparently the TF-34's on the Warthog sound just like the P-51. Maybe the Air Force should "do something amazing" and have someone QC their website. Enjoy,

HOSS

Best first post ever. I can't stop laughing at the hot mic. :beer:

Any other booms watch the F-35 video on that page?

Yeah, not very impressive. Hopefully the UARRSI is designed better than the F-22s.

That game sucks! I knocked off a TACAN antenna, AND had to call a breakaway with the B-2 for excessive closure.

Does the 135's boom really feel that shitty? Speaking with no experience here

Yeah, not very impressive. Hopefully the UARRSI is designed better than the F-22s.

That game sucks! I knocked off a TACAN antenna, AND had to call a breakaway with the B-2 for excessive closure.

Does the 135's boom really feel that shitty? Speaking with no experience here

I can't believe the F-22 doesn't have Boom Interphone capability. Lame.

Depends on the jet, some booms fly great, others not so much. However coming from the A-10 guys from Bagram the "Whistlers" there were denting their noses more than the Shells. :thumbsup:

I can't believe the F-22 doesn't have Boom Interphone capability. Lame.
ZE-8 of the -56B says they do, but our checklist doesn't. From what I've heard from other booms that have contacts on the F-22... some do, some don't. I would imagine it's the early production blocks that don't - probably the same tails that have to get the AR lighting TCTO's installed.

Hopefully the UARRSI is designed better than the F-22s.
I'm still trying to figure out why they used those stupid labia-doors, and not a rollover receptacle like the black jets. Boggles my mind to think that some engineer decided that using folding doors, that form the skin of a low-observable aircraft, was the best way to deal with covering the receptacle...

ZE-8 of the -56B says they do, but our checklist doesn't. From what I've heard from other booms that have contacts on the F-22... some do, some don't. I would imagine it's the early production blocks that don't - probably the same tails that have to get the AR lighting TCTO's installed.

I'm still trying to figure out why they used those stupid labia-doors, and not a rollover receptacle like the black jets. Boggles my mind to think that some engineer decided that using folding doors, that form the skin of a low-observable aircraft, was the best way to deal with covering the receptacle...

Looks like the AF figured it out...the video of the F-15 refueling is no longer there.

I think the AF found out about because I cant seem to find it on their site anymore. Luckily its on youtube for anyone who missed it:

F-15 Refuel

Edited by ShineR