Does anyone have a personal breathalyzer?

Guest Tertle

I think you can still get a DUI on a mower or bicycle. On the news about a month ago, a guy got a DUI driving a Golf cart on a county road. Therefore, if the equipment is on public road, you can get DUI if you're caught (at least that's was the message I receive from the News report).

Hell, Bill Murray got a DUI on a golf cart in Sweden just last week! Y'know there is gonna be a lot of Caddyshack jokes on this one!

Cheers! M2

Bill Murray: Drunken driving in a golf cart?

art.murray.ap.jpg

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) -- Bill Murray could face a drunken driving charge after cruising through downtown Stockholm in a golf cart and refusing to take a breath test, citing U.S. law.

Police officers spotted the 56-year-old actor-comedian early Sunday in the slow-moving vehicle and noticed he smelled of alcohol when they pulled him over, said Detective-Inspector Christer Holmlund of the Stockholm police.

"He refused to blow in the (breath test) instrument, citing American legislation," Holmlund told The Associated Press on Wednesday. "So we applied the old method -- a blood test. It will take 14 days before the results are in."

Murray, who had been at a golf tournament in Sweden, signed a document admitting that he was driving under the influence, and agreed to let a police officer plead guilty for him if the case goes to court, Holmlund said.

"Then he was let go. My guess is he went back to America," Holmlund said.

He said Murray would only be charged if tests show his blood alcohol level exceeded the legal limit, which is quite low in Sweden.

A very high alcohol level could lead to a prison sentence, but Holmlund said fines were more likely.

"There were no obvious signs, like when someone is really tipsy," he said.

Holmlund said it wasn't clear where Murray picked up the vehicle, or to whom it belonged.

"It was a golf cart. How it ended up in this predicament I don't know," he said, adding that Murray wasn't facing any theft charges.

It isn't illegal to drive a golf cart in city traffic in Sweden, but Holmlund said it is very unusual.

"I have done this since '68 and I've never experienced anything like this," he said.

Murray was among the early cast members of NBC's "Saturday Night Live." He was nominated for an Oscar for 2003's "Lost in Translation." His screen credits also include the 1980 golfing comedy, "Caddyshack"; "Groundhog Day"; and "Rushmore."

Guest TheBurt

I stand corrected, as of 01 Dec 2006, the NC GS-20-138.1 (DWI) removes the exemption for lawn mowers and bicycles, the good news for all of you horse lovers, you may still ride bareback, side saddle or however, totally sh@+ faced on a horse on a street, highway or public vehicular area in NC.

TheBurt

I doubt one of you guys can tell me you've never been straight up drunk. I also doubt that you same guys didn't drive somewhere THE NEXT DAY. All I'm trying to do is be safe. Or say I've had 48 oz of beer in say 3 hours I'm going to be close to the legal limit. What's wrong with wanting to be safe?

yes, 0013 is a great method to make sure you're safe. But, I'm in college and sometimes I have more than that. Like I've said before, this is for the day after. One of my friends just got a dui at something like 1130 in the morning and he hadn't had a drink in almost 12 hours.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to make sure I'm under the legal limit if I need to drive somewhere.

4 beers in three hours! I'm surprised you can even stumble to your car! You sir are a god among men! :salut:

What is wrong with you kids today. Pathetic.

Had an Army fella get a DUI at Tori Station while I was at Kadena. They had his story on the front page of all the base papers that week. It goes as follows.

Individual is getting sloshed at home prior to going out to gate 2.

Individual wants to know if he is still legal to drive so he calls the Tori Station gate and asks for them to send someone out to do a breathalyzer. They tell him no, thats not our job and if he had anything to drink, not to drive.

He doesn't settle for that, he drives to the gate and parks a half block away. Walks up to the gate and asks for a Breathalyzer. They say no and ask if he was the guy who called in earlier. He says yes. They ask how he got here. He replies with "I drove idiot, my car is right down the street". They give his a test and place him under arrest after he blew a .11. Limit on Oki at the time was .05. Doom on him.

Guest LocoF16

If you guys have ever been to Randolph, you know the E-club is right next to a gate that is (or at least use to be) only open during a certain window of the day. It was a Friday and a promotion ceremony day, and some SSgt decides to have a few to celebrate his recent promotion. Those few drinks turned into a few more and the party continued into the wee hours of the night. Said SSgt decides he is going to drive home (which is off base) and proceeds to leave thru the aforementioned gate. Unfortunately, the gate is closed now, unbeknownst to said SSgt. He crashes into the gate and gets hauled away...a SSgt no more.