Classic Thread - Pilot poser on Corvette Forum

Guest bunk22

Guest alfakilo

Here's my favorite 'war story' from my Ubon days...

We were doing a day strike mission down in Cambodia somewhere, working with a USAF 'Nail' FAC in a OV-10.

I was 'blue 4' in the flight (the wingman in the #4 position), and as I came off my last pass, I pulled up to rejoin the flight that was circling higher up. The flight lead radioed "Andy, do you have the flight in sight?"...I did and said so.

This was immediately followed by another voice asking, "Is that Easy Andy from Laredo?".

After a moment's surprise, I rogered that I was in fact the same...to which this voice responded, "You gave me my such-and-such checkride"!!

As it so happened, my previous assignment had been as a T-37 instructor in USAF pilot training at Laredo AFB in Texas. I was assigned to the Check Section as one of the instructors who gave the student's their checkrides and was allegedly known among the students as Easy Andy, apparently some thought me to be more forgiving than some of the other check pilots.

The voice, of course, was the FAC...all I could think of was what a small world it is when one can be out in the middle of nowhere in Cambodia and hear something like that over the radio!!

Quote:

"in certain circumstances when asked what I did, I do say fighter pilot--but only to people where going into the distinction between a fighter pilot and fighter gator isn't worth the time, if questioned by someone worth going into it, I do, then if I'm guilty of not following the battle and if that makes me a poser, ok.." Maybe you missed that post.

The problem I have was you said this:

First off, I never claimed to be 'pilot' Whiterock.

But I was not a pilot, and never claimed to be, and could not let anyone think otherwise that I was lying about it.

That's it, folks. Have at it.

And now you qualify that with:

Intros on car forums qualify for the above statement, which I made here earlier. On the CASBAR, TLC or any other--including this, forum where the distinction can be made, I do it. During the CF period and on here, find a statement claiming I was a pilot and I will gladly own up and apologize.

Not sure what the "CF period" was. Do you mean as Whiterock1 or Blackstar or as Dimestore because you did make the claim in your CF profile AND than again in a Vet thread. The problem you created for yourself is you can't come off your initial profile statement without contradicting yourself so how can you say:

It was never my intention to deceive as to my status as a Vietnam veteran or what I did as an aviator there.

Why even say it any time you sign up for a forum which you apparently done. You could have left it out. It's a car forum. If you HAD to post something about your flying experience, you could have said "Flew F-4 Phantom in SEA" and that would have been true without saying the P word.

When it appeared that I had, I posted today to clear it up. As I said, there was no need to, and as I consider Scribe an honest man, he can affirm the thread would have been over with no one the wiser. Except me. That's why I posted. What I said before about defending my service in SEA hasn't changed, and if you expect an 'apology' for that, don't hold your breath. But, as I've said several times before, I should have seen the most important issue--here--as being a poser pilot, not a fake VN Vet, and made it very clear from the start. To me, that has the priority reversed, but it's your forum.

I am and have been honest, but you haven't, period. And people would have been wiser. There's already two contemporaries of yours posting on Baseops and more could be found who would have questioned "Pilot/Whiterock". The priority is to be forthcoming on all counts. Those of us who tried to clear the air and give you a chance feel abused.

Edited by Scribe

Guest AV8RAHL

Wow...classic THREAD! Me and my fellow Scope Dopes, sat around for the past hour reading and laughing at this, previously stated, HAC (Hallucinating Azz Clown).

Where is Rainman when you need him?

What's next....telling us he met the Pope.

post-3734-1188931471_thumb.jpg

Keep It Short and Simple [KISS]

I truly feel pity for you

(psychology banter)

pitiful

(more banter)

more than due pity

(even more banter)

In the infamous words of Mr. T, "I pity the fool!"

(will it ever stop?)

That fool is indeed you. Eat it, and go away. Please. Go look in the mirror. What do you see? Clearly it’s not the famed pilot you claim to be. Must be tough, huh? No, it's rather sad. For you.

I say AFtociv be banned for his gratuitous use of the word "Pity". As well as somehow ing up the meaning of KISS, and that steaming turd at the end of his dissertation

Post-Crap-Only_you.jpg

Guest sharkfood911
Here's my favorite 'war story' from my Ubon days...

We were doing a day strike mission down in Cambodia somewhere, working with a USAF 'Nail' FAC in a OV-10.

I was 'blue 4' in the flight (the wingman in the #4 position), and as I came off my last pass, I pulled up to rejoin the flight that was circling higher up. The flight lead radioed "Andy, do you have the flight in sight?"...I did and said so.

This was immediately followed by another voice asking, "Is that Easy Andy from Laredo?".

After a moment's surprise, I rogered that I was in fact the same...to which this voice responded, "You gave me my such-and-such checkride"!!

As it so happened, my previous assignment had been as a T-37 instructor in USAF pilot training at Laredo AFB in Texas. I was assigned to the Check Section as one of the instructors who gave the student's their checkrides and was allegedly known among the students as Easy Andy, apparently some thought me to be more forgiving than some of the other check pilots.

The voice, of course, was the FAC...all I could think of was what a small world it is when one can be out in the middle of nowhere in Cambodia and hear something like that over the radio!!

You know, this thread is actually getting worthwhile with your posts! It sucks they have to be surrounded by the Whiterock BS. More stories! :thumbsup:

Guest AFtoCiv

I totally blame it on the excessive amount of wine I drank when I wrote that post last night! Haha.... :-) :thumbsup: This is why posting while drinking can be a serious offense....LOL :-) :nob: I've learned my lesson! LOL

For the record, Moonbeam, Cricket, Alleycat and Hillsboro were callsigns for ABCCC - an EC-130 with a radio-stuffed capsule in the back used to control and allocate ground attack sorties.

I will give him credit for finding that on google and/or asking his Dad.

His "Big Eye", "College Eye", and "Crown" callsigns were all EC-121s, not EC-130s. Hence my post.

His "Big Eye", "College Eye", and "Crown" callsigns were all EC-121s, not EC-130s. Hence my post.

Big Eye, College Eye, Disco, et al, as I understand were in fact EC-121s...the AWACS of the era. Crown was the HC-130, and the ABCCC EC callsigns Brick posted are true. Doesn't lend credibility to whiterock, though, just a clarification of the facts.

Guest alfakilo
Big Eye, College Eye, Disco, et al, as I understand were in fact EC-121s...the AWACS of the era. Crown was the HC-130, and the ABCCC EC callsigns Brick posted are true. Doesn't lend credibility to whiterock, though, just a clarification of the facts.

A couple more words on this.

Big Eye/College Eye were names for the EC-121 'AWACS' program...the actual call signs were 'Ethan' up to about 1967 and then 'Disco' after the bombing halt was terminated in 1972.

'Crown' was a HC-130 used to control rescue helo ops...what we may be thinking of is 'Red Crown' which was the USN GCI ship that provided bogey calls for MiG ops.

The EC-130 ABCC call signs were Cricket/Moonbeam (day/night) and Hillsboro/Alley Cat (day/night)...by the end in 1973, I think only Cricket/Moonbeam were being used. These guys were our primary tasking agency...we would get target and FAC data from them, often when we were sitting on the tanker waiting for 'words'. Typically, they would assign a FAC and his location...we would motor over to that general area and then follow the FAC's directions to the actual target.

In Cambodia, we sometimes worked with Cambodian ground FACs...I was never too sure whose side these guys were on. I wondered if they weren't using us to settle personal scores. In that messed up place, anything was possible.

Edited by alfakilo

Thought it was odd that Whiterock admitted to being Dimestore (a fellow F-4 "pilot" from the Panther Pack fm 73-74) on Corvette Forum where Bunk22 challenged Blackstar (a F-16 pilot/JAG) because as the saga unfolded and Blackstar was banned, Dimestore appeared and defended Blackstar and decried the "witch hunt" led by Bunk22. Following the Blackstar "trail" leads directly to Whiterock. And it turns out in the end that Whiterock wasn't a pilot as claimed, but he rationalized claiming to be a pilot as acceptable practice on car forums because they wouldn't understand what a WSO was. I don't buy that and it seems nobody here does either, but he stops short of admitting to have posed as Blackstar to reengage on that Forum when initially confronted in a Car Wax forum. Some MO x2. So I contacted their Admin for their view and was told all three users were banned for similarities in their IP addresses and violation of their forum rules. See public statement below:

BTW , part of the user ageement you agreed to..

Quote:

Banned Members: If you have been banned by Corvetteforum and attempt to register again using some means to get around the ban, such as using another email address, you agree to a 5000 dollar reinstatement fee. By clicking on agree on the registration page you agree to this fee. You also agree that any disputes will be resolved in Michigan courts

who's next??

Quote:

Personal attacks/hostility toward others

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Forum should be a place where we treat one another with civility so that it remains a fun and friendly place to hang around with other Corvette enthusiasts. Hostility to others is rude and inappropriate.

Personal attacks cannot be tolerated. Attack ideas, not fellow Forum members.

Appears, that the driver of a black 06 Corvette in Colorado Springs going by multiple names and working at Pete Field had three chances to play by the rules and blew all three.

Edited by Scribe

I agree that outing someone who isn't who they say they are is worthwhile, however this thread is getting old. 217 posts? For the love of God, someone please pop lock and drop it.

No need to close it yet. If the thread is getting old to you, then don't read it.

HD

Edited by HerkDerka

I avoided this particular thread because it didn't seem to interest me (I know, I'm a bad mod) but when this thread, NSTFS, actually got mentioned at assignment night tonight in front of everyone, I figured I ought to at least see what the fuss was about.

I miss those 20 minutes of my life I just wasted....

Oh well...... :beer: for all!

Topic re-closed.

• 11 years later...