Oshkosh, b'gosh!

HuggyU2

Anyone else seen this great Boeing propaganda critique of the A380 landing at KOSH? Hilarious! (and true)

"Look at this PIO, the rudder is fully deflected, etc."

F-ing dipshits.

"Look at this PIO, the rudder is fully deflected, etc."

F-ing dipshits.

Hey, they're not dipshits..they're the media..(oh, never mind..same thing...). Granted, I'm "just a nav", but I thought they did a great job landing on a smallish runway in that much of a crosswind. The way these two are talking you'd have thought the jet ran into the static displays.

I thought they did a great job landing on a smallish runway in that much of a crosswind.

Agreed. Better them than me.

Entire video = :rainbow:

"it looks like the airplane is probably going to still be useable" = Idiot.

2. Nice.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Oskkosh 2010.

Who's in? Osama Bin Huggy and I will be there. Huggy will be the guy with the bag half unzipped showing off his Tom Selleckness.

Huggy will be the guy with the bag half unzipped showing off his Tom Selleckness.

Well, that ought to get people to flock in...

Another year of missing Oshkosh...I hate you guys.

Drives me insane that when I brought up OSH during the "airshow buy" this year, the pilots doing the buying for my SQ said "Nahhh..." :flipoff:

Drives me insane that when I brought up OSH during the "airshow buy" this year, the pilots doing the buying for my SQ said "Nahhh..." :flipoff:

Well, it is a pretty small and obscure show. Fucking communists.

I'll be working the booth for Uncle Garmin all week, drop by for loot. .

Always up for some SWAG.

What kind of L-17? Is it a real L-17, or just a dressed up Navion?

Our aircraft was originally a L-17 that was going to be sent to Korea but the war ended before it saw any action. It's modified to look like the Ryan Model 72 Navy Trainer which lost out to the T-34A.

Our aircraft was originally a L-17 that was going to be sent to Korea but the war ended before it saw any action. It's modified to look like the Ryan Model 72 Navy Trainer which lost out to the T-34A.

Is that the polished metal one that has been on display at the Reno Air Races occasionally?

Very cool. Were you involved in the 'conversion'? That's always been an interesting airplane IMHO.

My family used to own L-17B 48-1007, a Korea vet.

No my Dad did all mods when I was about 3 so I tried to "help" him by misplacing his tools around the hangar which I still find pretty hilarious. Yeah the Navion is a great airplane. My Dad taught me how to fly in this thing so its definitely my favorite

• 2 weeks later...

Happened right in front of us. Tower gave him a tight left base to Rwy 18, told him to keep it south of 27/09 (you'll have to look at the airfield diagram). Rolled out on final with a departing aircraft out in front of him maybe 2000' down. Started wallowing left and right, stalled, and hit rwy fairly flat. Ground looped off the right side of the strip. At least that's how I remember it. Not cool.

Happened right in front of us. Tower gave him a tight left base to Rwy 18, told him to keep it south of 27/09 (you'll have to look at the airfield diagram). Rolled out on final with a departing aircraft out in front of him maybe 2000' down. Started wallowing left and right, stalled, and hit rwy fairly flat. Ground looped off the right side of the strip. At least that's how I remember it. Not cool.

This was in his P-51?