Which Aircraft At Which Base?

BADFNZ

Got a reliable rumor that because Hill is getting the F-35, they are sending their F-16's to Whiteman. Anyone else?

Whiteman is slated to get F-16s to replace their A-10s....IF congress allows divestiture of A-10s. Not looking like that will be the case in fy16 according to the markups.

Affirm. USAF has to do something with the F-16s from Hill. They would like to replace Whiteman and Ft Wayne A-10s with Hill F-16s and McGowan A-10s with USAFE F-15Cs. However, they'd also like to replace the Hawaii Raptors with F-15Cs, but that ain't gonna happen.

Got a reliable rumor that because Hill is getting the F-35, they are sending their F-16's to Whiteman. Anyone else?

The 47th (USAFR) at DM is slated to go F-16's and combat coded when the A-10 goes away also. That's another possibility.

Which reminds me, anyone know how to attach a Google Earth file? I made a Google earth file with all the guard and reserve fighter unit locations back when I was applying to units but when I try to upload it here it says it can't handle that file type. Figure now that I'm hired I should share the wealth cuz I would have loved to find something like that back in the day without spending all the time going through the Almanac making it.

Cool, give this a shot and let me know if it works.

Sorry for the weird naming convention, I kinda made my own shorthand, here's the basic flow:

First Number: Wing or Group; which will have a W or G identifying it as one or the other.

Second Number: Squadron; designated by S.

Third number: Airframe: 0=A-10, 2=F-22, 5=F-15, 6=F-16; a "T" will follow if the unit is a training unit.

After a space, there will be a "G" for guard, or an "R" for reserve.

The icon symbol also corresponds to the type of unit, based on component and airframe (for quick reference). I think most people will get it after looking at it for a while.

Example (using the best unit in the Air Force):

187th Fighter Wing, 100th Fighter Squadron, F-16 (non-training unit) Air National Guard:

187W 100S 6 G, icon is a fire symbol

This is by no means perfect or official. I'm sure it's missing some units and has a couple errors by now. I didn't bother adding some units that essentially never hold boards like the Alaskan F-22 reserve unit and the aggressor units.

What would be a friggin huge shack is if someone who had a ton of spare time and ran out of things to masturbate about added all of the rest of the units in the total force and added links to the units' sites to each point for quick reference. This is as far as I got for my purposes, hope it helps!

Guard-Reserve Fighter Units Zip.zip

• Upvote 1

This is an excerpt of AFRC VA 38-101, which is marked as "RELEASABILITY:

There are no releasability restrictions on this publication."

rB69r1x.jpg

Cool, give this a shot and let me know if it works.

Sorry for the weird naming convention, I kinda made my own shorthand, here's the basic flow:

First Number: Wing or Group; which will have a W or G identifying it as one or the other.

Second Number: Squadron; designated by S.

Third number: Airframe: 0=A-10, 2=F-22, 5=F-15, 6=F-16; a "T" will follow if the unit is a training unit.

After a space, there will be a "G" for guard, or an "R" for reserve.

The icon symbol also corresponds to the type of unit, based on component and airframe (for quick reference). I think most people will get it after looking at it for a while.

Example (using the best unit in the Air Force):

187th Fighter Wing, 100th Fighter Squadron, F-16 (non-training unit) Air National Guard:

187W 100S 6 G, icon is a fire symbol

This is by no means perfect or official. I'm sure it's missing some units and has a couple errors by now. I didn't bother adding some units that essentially never hold boards like the Alaskan F-22 reserve unit and the aggressor units.

What would be a friggin huge shack is if someone who had a ton of spare time and ran out of things to masturbate about added all of the rest of the units in the total force and added links to the units' sites to each point for quick reference. This is as far as I got for my purposes, hope it helps!

I had some trouble opening the file so I did a little research and found that google stopped supporting a .kmz file on google maps. I ended up converting the file to google my maps and redesigning all the icons. I also simplified the base designation.

I did not add any units to the map, however, I did add a few extra airplane colors to the icon selection so that anyone interested could go through and add all the heavy units. If you need more colors, let me know. The map is set up to be editable by anyone for now.

This isn't my creation. Give xcraftllc all the credit. I just cleaned it up.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z6Qr1PclgDvM.kXWi2AP0X-xk&usp=sharing

• Upvote 1

I had some trouble opening the file so I did a little research and found that google stopped supporting a .kmz file on google maps. I ended up converting the file to google my maps and redesigning all the icons. I also simplified the base designation.

I did not add any units to the map, however, I did add a few extra airplane colors to the icon selection so that anyone interested could go through and add all the heavy units. If you need more colors, let me know. The map is set up to be editable by anyone for now.

This isn't my creation. Give xcraftllc all the credit. I just cleaned it up.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z6Qr1PclgDvM.kXWi2AP0X-xk&usp=sharing

I'm slowly adding c-17 units, mostly because it is a smaller pool than the plethora of C-130 guard units that are out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Front page post still shows Luke as the FTU for F-16s--I'm pretty sure that info is outdated (isn't it?), but I'm just an EAD LT and don't know how current the rest of it is. Just figure some of you guys who have more current information can take a look and update that list for folks who come to this sticky and just read that.