Wood Models

Guest JimmyH

Guest JimmyH

Fell into a few hundred bucks of unexpected money and next up on my things I want but definately don't need list are wood models of the aircraft I've flown (T-34C, T-1A, C-17).

So, where is the best place to get these? I don't particularly need them super specialized, but it would be nice to at least get the right tail on them (ex: E for 34s, VN for the T-1)... Seems like there's a lot of options out there, and all seem shady. Anyone have any good experiences with any one particular company?

www.squadrontoys.com

I have not purchased one from them yet but have seen their work and are hands down the best I've seen. Each month they have an "Aircraft of the Month" special. I'm just waiting on the Herk to rotate back through to make my purchase.

Edited by HerkFE

You can also buy the 'plain' ones at wherever you can find (ie, for the C-17, at the BX or the Boeing store), and I've heard that you can bring those models by the paint hangar at KTCM, and have them stencil/paint on the McChord tailstripe. I've seen it done before, although with a slightly larger-scale model.

www.squadrontoys.com

I have not purchased one from them yet but have seen their work and are hands down the best I've seen. Each month they have an "Aircraft of the Month" special. I'm just waiting on the Herk to rotate back through to make my purchase.

I've bought several models from squadron toys, highly recommended.

I've bought several models from squadron toys, highly recommended.

also recommend squadron toys

Guest carolinagirl

Anyone ordered from www.motionmodels.com?

I am looking to order two plane models for my husband and really liked the ones I found there.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out my site. We sell all kinds of models and can order almost any mahogany model for you made by Pacific Aircraft. Even if Pacific doesn't make that model, we can make a completely custom model with your name, tailflash, weapon load, etc. for pretty competitive prices. We offer prices that are cheaper than the BX and other stores on the internet. We even have specials for both UPT aircraft for $200. Our site is Aim Higher Jets

Thanks for the look!

Jeff and Jim

www.AimHigherJets.com