CFI (Certified Flight Instructor) info

HuggyU2

• 1 month later...
On May 28, 2015 at 3:01 AM, Dupe said:

Yes... but you'll have to do it in person vice mail it in.

Have you executed this renewal method?  I haven't had much luck getting the right answers at my local FSDO.  Is there any paperwork involved?  Did you bring any other flight records besides your Form 8?

Call and make an appointment.  They won't see you without one.  

I'd recommend you bring in the Form 8 that qualified you initially as an IP, as well as your last three check rides.  I also brought them my flying time summary.  

Fill out an FAA Form 8710.  

If you live a long way from the FSDO, I'd give thought to just signing up for the American Flyers test, and knocking it out that way.  One time fee... and for about $25 extra, they will process it all for you, and you never have to go to the FSDO.  

Call and make an appointment.  They won't see you without one.  

I'd recommend you bring in the Form 8 that qualified you initially as an IP, as well as your last three check rides.  I also brought them my flying time summary.  

Fill out an FAA Form 8710.  

If you live a long way from the FSDO, I'd give thought to just signing up for the American Flyers test, and knocking it out that way.  One time fee... and for about $25 extra, they will process it all for you, and you never have to go to the FSDO.  

IACRA now...they prefer not to deal with paper 8710s.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• 10 months later...

14 CFR 61.199 has not officially been changed yet.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:

Marcel Bernard, Airmen Certification and Training Branch, Flight Standards Service, AFS-810, Federal Aviation Administration, 55 M Street SE., 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20003-3522; telephone (202) 267-1100; email marcel.bernard@faa.gov.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2016/05/12/2016-10168/regulatory-relief-aviation-training-devices-pilot-certification-training-and-pilot-schools-and-other

• Like 1