Tops in Blue (TIB) - WTF?

Steve Davies

4 minutes ago, abmwaldo said:

4 Jan at Aviano. Saw it on AFN; I thought the season was cancelled?

I endured them for 23 years and their salute to Disney in the AOR, it's a rite of passage, embrace the suck and quit your whining. You could be the poor bastard AMC crew dog that has to schlep their ass across the globe. 

On December 27, 2015 at 0:33 PM, Prosuper said:

I endured them for 23 years and their salute to Disney in the AOR, it's a rite of passage, embrace the suck and quit your whining. You could be the poor bastard AMC crew dog that has to schlep their ass across the globe. 

No shit.  I had to drag their dumb asses from Bagram to Manas (marking the end of a very long duty day for me) when I was a 17 Co... I had two MSgts practically demand to sit up in the cockpit for the leg.  They got a flat no from me as seats in the cockpit where reserved for productive members of the force.

Edited by zrooster99
  • Upvote 2

^^^ We have those same shennanigans go on in the Navy...folks riding in the back of the C-2 asking if they can sit in the cockpit for the arrested landing..WTF.

I'm not sure there is a Navy equivalent to TIB.

• 8 months later...
13 hours ago, Herk Driver said:

So let me get this straight...first, CSAF gets rid of or limits some of the additional duties with more to be looked at and now TIB is gone? Goldfein for POTUS!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Actually, Air Force Secretary James deserves the kill for this one; she made the decision long before Fingers took office...

https://www.airforcetimes.com/articles/tops-in-blue-permanently-shut-down

Best comment?  "They can tap dance their way to the flightline and help out there instead." :mosh:

• Upvote 1