Tops in Blue (TIB) - WTF?

Steve Davies

From that article:

deep-seeded

I've lost any possibly respect for that sorry site. Has that journalist ever taken an English course?

I wander if he looses his job for this. They're editors aren't very affective neither, because the miss up alot.

• Upvote 1

What exactly is "cheating" on a boldface? You fuck it up, you probably die.

You know...a bunch of us huddled around the desk, sharing the answers at the beginning of the month, as the commander walks by...something like that.

Do other communities have the "periodic testing" every month? Pulled from the same MQF as the closed book check ride test?

• 8 months later...

Forward deployed on the flight line changing a engine and hearing them in the hanger with a rousing tribute and review to Walt Disney. If I was king I get rid of of the male soloists and keep the females who can sing and good looking dressed like any other female pop star with songs that are not 5 years old. The troops like rap, metal and top 40 plus have a couple civilian comedians who are not afraid to tell senior leadership jokes at their expense.   

If the Air Force actually chose 4600 survey participants completely randomly, that's a legit sample. The shitty part is that leadership needs a survey to make a decision.

The surveymonkey poll may be bullshit but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to tell someone that TIB sucks. Worst case is some guy gets 10,000 responses for his Masters thesis survey.

...Exec given the task of finding out what the Wing thinks about TIB, "Survey Monkey" is probably the most appropriate level of effort...

I've actually done this with fantastic results.  Now if I could just get the OG/CC to realize what his Airmen want, it might be worthwhile.

• 2 months later...

I'll just drop this off here:

Air Force cancels 2016 season of Tops in Blue

Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs / Published December 21, 2015

WASHINGTON (AFNS) --  Air Force officials announced on Dec. 21 that Tops in Blue, the service-unique entertainment program, will cancel its 2016 season, allowing an extended review of the program.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/637595/air-force-cancels-2016-season-of-tops-in-blue.aspx

Never thought I'd see it. Where will the Air Force turn for jazz hands in the future...

• Upvote 7

“The decision to pause and reassess the 2016 Tops in Blue season was a tough one,” said Lt. Gen. Gina Grosso....

The hell it was.  An overwhelming number of members have been screaming it from the rafters for years!  The SecAF has been gently nudged on this several times during her all-too-frequent All Calls.  

Good Riddance!  

4 hours ago, skybert said:

I picture guys in sparkly tights,holding each other and sobbing uncontrollably

I picture guys going back to being real professionals; excelling in the roles Americans expect of them.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MKopack said:

I'll just drop this off here:

Air Force cancels 2016 season of Tops in Blue

Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs / Published December 21, 2015

WASHINGTON (AFNS) --  Air Force officials announced on Dec. 21 that Tops in Blue, the service-unique entertainment program, will cancel its 2016 season, allowing an extended review of the program.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/637595/air-force-cancels-2016-season-of-tops-in-blue.aspx

Never thought I'd see it. Where will the Air Force turn for jazz hands in the future...

Kopack is just excited he was the first to post it on here.  I know I would be.

• Upvote 1

I picture guys in sparkly tights,holding each other and sobbing uncontrollably

"Oh gawd!.... What will we do now!... They're gonna make us fill a critically under strength real job."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to you guys for having management definitely put up a score in the win column.

56 minutes ago, Spoo said:

I picture guys going back to being real professionals; excelling in the roles Americans expect of them.

I'd like to believe that's true, but anyone who has such a lack of mission focus as to volunteer for that train wreck probably won't truly excel at much we actually expect of them.

• Upvote 1