Tops in Blue (TIB) - WTF?

Steve Davies

• 1 month later...

Maybe there is a glimmer of hope that Tops in Blue isn't far from the chopping block.

Petition seeks encore for Air Guard bands

The Air National Guard has 11 bands, each with 36 members. The 216 members of the bands set for decommissioning will have to leave service or apply for other positions.

To their credit, the SSgt in the video has a great voice, and props to the fact that they look like they're playing a pretty low key event and not pimped out TIB style.

Air Force Entertainment is currently accepting applications for the 2012 Worldwide Talent Search which will be held at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland AFB TX from 9-16 Jan 2012. Interested applicants should go to the Tops In Blue website for guidelines and the application. The competition is opened to Active duty, Reserve and Guard Air Force members. They are looking for Vocalist, Instrumentalist, Dancers, Comedians, Magicians, Dramatists, Audio, Lighting and Staging Technicians as well as Bus and Truck drivers.

Additionally, a talent consultant from Tops In Blue will be available between 1400-1600 hrs at each venue on the day of a show to speak with interested applicants and assist with their videotaping. A schedule of upcoming performances is located on the Tops In Blue website. The deadline for all applications and video auditions is 15 Nov 2011.

Gentlemen, get your apps in...personally I plan on going for one of the two bolded above...especially if they let me wear a trucker hat or have hot bishes as my magical assistants...

Seriously fist me, they HIRE a "talent" consultant for these things.....w.t.f. :vomit:

Don't they get a c-17 all to themselves or something ?

Or two Herks. I was on a two ship tasked to go fly them from Kunsan to Osan two days before Christmas because the roads were closed due to snow. You can guaran-damn-tee I would've been pissed if I had to spend Christmas in Korea because of those no talent ass clowns.

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if this is directly related, but today the AF announced the deactivation of the F-16 East (SW), F-16 West (HL), A-10 East (FT - Moody), A-10 West (DM) and F-15E Strike Eagle (SJ) Demo Teams. Still hoping for a Tops in Blue announcement...

I would normally never do this to a fellow airman, but I had the distinct pleasure of cock blocking a Tops in Blue tool bag on a flight to San Antonio a few months ago. We both totally lucked out by having a chick who was a Spurs cheerleader sit in the middle seat and the TIB tool didn't even let her get her seatbelt on before he told her he was in the Air Force (he had no idea I was too). She thought it was really cool and OBVIOUSLY asked him if he was a pilot. He immediately jumped in saying that all pilots were a bunch of prima donnas who didn't really do much other than take the credit for the work of MX and MSG types. He then told her how he just got picked for Tops in Blue and was going to be going to every combat zone in the world. It was hysterical; you'd have thought this guy was the T-Bird Lead Solo pilot who just won the Medal of Honor or something the way he was talking. He was PCSing in from Ramstein and said he hadn't been downrange yet. I just sat there quietly drinking a beer as she said two or three times that she thought pilots were a big deal in the Air Force and he kept trashing them. I finally just laughed a little when he said it again and she asked what I was laughing about... I told her I was apparently one of those prima donnas. She spent the rest of the flight with her back to him. I just couldn't let this hot chick think that this guy actually "represented" the AF! Sorry TIB tool... have better SA on talking smack on a flight to San Antonio!

I've had lots of people tell me they are pilots now because they saw the T-Birds, Blues, demo teams, etc. at air shows when they were 4-5 yrs old (I'm one of them)... still waiting to meet the guy who joined because of Tops in Blue. I have an idea, before we start cutting demo teams (which actually are useful for recruitment) and more importantly before we start cutting 15 yr Majors... let’s start by cutting the AF Band of the Rockies... and the USAFE Band... and the ACC Band! Last time I was deployed there was a different shitty band with a dozen E-8's and E-9's being flown in by a C-17 every other week... to play your favorites from the 90's!!!

• Upvote 9

good work...but did you bang her?

This is what made it a true cock block... she gave me her card with her number and asked if I wanted tickets to see a game that week and then go out after, but I was actually there to visit another chick (don't think I didn't try to work a "date" with both of them, but it wasn't in the cards). Anyway, I got to totally shame the TIB tool; I walked up to him at baggage claim and said that I was in town visiting another chick, but if he wanted the Spurs chick's number he could have it to give it another shot... I told him she might be impressed with a tour of the building where TIB practiced or something.

"And alas, the young gazelle learned first-hand from the lion of the harsh reality of the food chain on the Serengeti..."

• Upvote 6

This is what made it a true cock block... she gave me her card with her number and asked if I wanted tickets to see a game that week and then go out after, but I was actually there to visit another chick

Uh, that happens to be the perfect scenario. Two Target Strafe.

Pics of cheerleader or it didn't happen.

And this isn't a cheerleader...

110403_1.jpg

Edited by Rainman A-10

haha its quite possible i know said TIB from the zoo. Big dude? sts

No, he was an E, SrAish I'm guessing... Said ETAR was his first assignment and was talking about it being the first time back to San Antonio since basic.

Pics of cheerleader or it didn't happen.

Seriously... how many pilots do you know who make up a story about how they DIDN'T bang the hot NBA cheerleader?!? :banghead:

Seriously... how many pilots do you know who make up a story about how they DIDN'T bang the hot NBA cheerleader?!? :banghead:

At the risk of sounding like an asshole, I'm calling BS. "Uh, yeah...I would've banged the NBA CHEERLEADER that was throwing herself at me, except I've got this super-hot girlfriend in Canada." Isn't the internet wonderful? Either way, the story about hosing a Tops In Blue douche makes up for it...so we cool.

No, he was an E, SrAish I'm guessing... Said ETAR was his first assignment and was talking about it being the first time back to San Antonio since basic.

But you said you got her numbah...how you like dem apples?!? You should at least call. Remember though, you have to wait two days and then call...

Anyway, You could have found a way to visit the chick you were visiting anyway AND bang the cheerleader. It can be done.

If I were you, I'd be planning an additional trip to SAT very soon...unless you're telling us the chick you were visiting is hotter than the cheerleader...in which case you have to post pics of both so we can see if you made the right choice...

Fine, she was a 300 lb, blind double amputee midget with a unibrow and a huge bald spot on top of her head, but the TIB tool was totally into her... and I banged her at baggage claim... I officially hate all of you! :beer: Well worth taking shit though to have a fantastic TIB cock block story.

edit for spelling, grammar, and Jack Daniels

I checked the Spur Cheerleader website and there were no girls that matched that description...or were you talking about the girl you were going to meet? :) Either way, you just admitted to banging a 300lb chic monster...and since we believed your original story, we believe you now too! No taking it back!!

Actually, I really did check out the website for the cheerleaders and found this little gem...anyone know the chick at 0:40? I have a budget question....

http://www.nba.com/spurs/meet-2011-2012-silver-dancers