Tops in Blue (TIB) - WTF?

Steve Davies

I'm sure morale would improve with their removal.

Tops in Blue is the best illustration I could ever imagine of everything that is wrong with the Air Force. We actually allocate funds for this sort of homo-parade!?

I mean SERIOUSLY!?! YGBFSM.

Edit to add this Wikipedia excerpt:

"Tops In Blue is a touring performance ensemble made up of active duty members of the United States Air Force. However, unlike members of the various Air Force band units, members of Tops In Blue have "regular" Air Force jobs when not on tour. They can be Security Forces members, medics, aircraft mechanics, office workers, cooks, drivers, or have any other job that the Air Force offers."

Anybody else notice a failure to mention a fairly visible career field that the Air Force offers?

I hope no flyers do this shit.

090101-F-9899G-450.JPG

Edited by usaf36031

Guest MegaPieBoy

What.......the.........f*ck!!!!!!?????? The "WTF" in the thread name is really appropriate. I mean.......WTF!!?? How do dancing feminine dudes and fat fugly chicks relate to "fly, fight, and win"?

Guest Hueypilot812
I am happy to report that I never even heard of such a thing.

I wish I could say the same, but I've been forced to watch AFN infomercials about the Navy band and their "Sea Chanters". Very, very gay.

post-4390-1246589299_thumb.jpg

I think it says it all, but...

You'd think just being TIB is gay enough, then they gotta go dress up like the Village People and do the YMCA thing...

There's a boom at EGUN who didn't even have a performing role, he was the AV geek and even he couldn't stop talking about how "super" it was to be a part of TIB. I should have hooked him (sts) right there.

Guest BUFF DRIVER

Dont mean to beat a dead horse but im gonna take my kick on TIP. it is just another reaoson why the other services make fun of us. In addition with all the AFSO 21 and cost cutting BS you think someone would have cut those no talent ass clown show. If any one here is ever in the position to do something. Do it for Gen Lemay , Gen Spaatz and the rest of our former aviators that are rolling in there graves.

From the article, "For most people at the concert, they were there to enjoy the entire group perform, but for Tech. Sgt. Patrika Boone, there was a second motive. Her husband, Staff Sgt. Wendell Boone Jr., is one of the vocalists in the Tops In Blue team. He was also on the Tops In Blue team during the 2007 tour, but his wife never had the chance to see him perform because she was deployed at the time.

It was like a dream come true when she learned her husband would be here.

"It is amazing to see him perform," she said. "We have not seen each other since March. Seeing him here is a blessing."

You know they hooked up somewhere in Manas in order to get a little AOR love.........TIB + AOR love = :bohica::vomit:

I think TIB is an absolute waste of money.

In other news, I saw something on AFN the other day that I just could not believe. The Navy has a country/bluegrass band called the "Country Current." Its basically just a 7-piece country band that travels around the world doing country/bluegrass covers.

Don't believe me? http://www.navyband.navy.mil/countrycurrent.shtml

Don't get me wrong.....I love country music. But are there people in the military that really think this helps with recruiting and retention?

I'm glad the poster makes a point of saying that it's free - I'd hate to have to pay for this.

http://www.379aew.afcent.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/090714-F-1577E-056.jpg (Edit: change huge gay picture to a link. For a minute there I thought they were all nazis...)

A fictitious conversation fifty years from now at your local VFW. Two old Vets at the bar:

"Me? Marines. I did a couple of tours in Iraq, Fallujah and Anbar, and then went for another in Afghanistan. That's where I got hit. How about you?"

"I was Air Force, Iraq and Afhganistan too."

"A-10's? Those guys saved our asses who knows how many times."

"Well... umm, no..."

Forgot to mention that one was drinking a wine spritzer...

"What did you do in the war, Daddy?"

Mike

Edited by MKopack

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juanramos777

Wow...

I have to admit...as a retired AF vet...I am ashamed of the pilots writing on this forum. You are a bad example for others to follow...if I knew you were flying me over to Balad or any other place, i would definitely call you out on your vociferous opinions. You folks are clueless to the nature of what it really means to be part of the AF team. You have no clue as to how what it takes to even keep you whiny girls qualified to fly planes. Out of all the folks on base, I have had pilots come in whining about finance, parachutes and harnesses, medical waivers, etc... All you guys do is whine about everything!! It's incredible you don't have your mommas come along with you to wipe your asses before and after flights. I am going to begin making it my mission to make your lives a living hell on base... Don't bring your whiny concerns to finance, medical, maintenance etc... I have found a new calling! Thanks so much for making it easier to just say "NO" to you whiny little bitches...

Also,

TIB is more than just a retention tool, it allows bases to practice team work at a very high level without the high cost. You have to understand that TIB is an immense undertaking at each base. Logistics coordination in of itself gives each base a taste of what it takes to work as a "whole" team to get the mission done. This allows bases to see their logistical weak spots without the cost of a real ops-tempo. Maybe there should be a more open forum for folks to see what it really takes to run a "low cost" high ops-tempo regimen such as TIB. You would be AMAZED at what individual bases would learn from the after-action reports.

Most people that walk away from a TIB show are amazed that the Air Force can even accomplish such a feat as this on such a shoe string budget and tight schedule...they would be MORE amazed if they knew the logistics behind it. Lets make it more visible folks, thats the only way to prove it's worth...of which I already know...but one that cynical f*&ks like you will never understand.

JuanRamos TIB92

I am going to begin making it my mission to make your lives a living hell on base... Don't bring your whiny concerns to finance, medical, maintenance etc... I have found a new calling! Thanks so much for making it easier to just say "NO" to you whiny little bitches...

Vindictive...much??

You have to understand that TIB is an immense undertaking at each base. Logistics coordination in of itself gives each base a taste of what it takes to work as a "whole" team to get the mission done. This allows bases to see their logistical weak spots without the cost of a real ops-tempo.

Ops tempo for a talent show??

I'm gonna make some popcorn - the comments to follow are sure to be entertaining!

whiny little bitches...

Say what?hot%20chick%20with%20acu%20duracoated%20gun.jpg

JuanRamos TIB92

A 6.9 millisecond google search found you:

juan.jpg

TIB 92's sound man supreme, Juan Ramos.

I'll make sure to avoid the man running a sound board for a bunch of sissy dancing weenies while his fellow Airmen were in the desert fighting the war and doing the REAL mission. :thefinger: It's people like you that make young guys like me NOT want to join the AF.