Tops in Blue (TIB) - WTF?

Steve Davies

Finally.... The post I've been waiting for since this thread was started 28 pages and almost six years ago.

Although, it is a link from the AF Times fish wrapper, so I fully expect the article to be incorrect or, at best, exaggerated.

They get a "personal maintenance expense allowance" of $240 a month? For what? Rainbow suspenders can't cost that much. :rainbow:

From the previously posted article:

"Tops in Blue has had only one serious interruption in its touring schedule since 1972: a short delay in the start of the 1990 tour because of Operation Desert Shield/Storm"

*sigjh* at least there's always the option of a RIF to keep funding this crap. I don't even know what's right anymore...

Did someone say beaver? Anyway, the article says, "The Air Force anticipates that it will save approximately $200,000 in appropriated funds..." Really? So none of these 35 tools (plus don't forget all the support staff) get paid salaries funded by tax payers? Or am I to understand each makes a little less than $6K per year and don't get paid per diem?

• Upvote 1

Did someone say beaver? Anyway, the article says, "The Air Force anticipates that it will save approximately $200,000 in appropriated funds..." Really? So none of these 35 tools (plus don't forget all the support staff) get paid salaries funded by tax payers? Or am I to understand each makes a little less than $6K per year and don't get paid per diem?

Probably not counting those since this stellar performers will return to do jazz-hands at whatever MPF/Services/Comm Sq they were before. You know.. Hollywood math.

They get a "personal maintenance expense allowance" of $240 a month?

Keep in mind, they are on P-TDY and do not appear to get per diem.

You and I make $71/day in D.C. on meals and incidentals alone when on TDY orders.

Keep in mind, they are on P-TDY and do not appear to get per diem.

You and I make $71/day in D.C. on meals and incidentals alone when on TDY orders.

Yes but the singing and dancing you guys do in DC is a little more relevant to the overall mission of air power.

• Upvote 6

• 8 months later...

Guess the "cancellation" didn't last quite that long

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=03V82XD5X_I

Going to the AOR.....

For fuck sake just give them beer on Xmas.

It'll be cheaper and it will make them less likely to suck start an M9 than watching 15 bad singers grind out a shittier version of Lady GaGa songs.

• Upvote 4

First off, tell me a couple of those people in the video can even pass the PT test waist measurement. It pisses me off every day to see the airlift they're eating up because they get priority over some of the shit that really needs to move. Always pleases me to see when we crowd their jets with whatever else we can shove on there. That's right, sit down, shut up, and get up close and personal with some pallets or rolling stock for the next few hours you sequin-studded wannabes. Even worse, there's a group of TIB "alumni" traveling around the AOR doing performances as well. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? How about bringing out the actual USAF or Marine Bands from the States?

• Upvote 1

First off, tell me a couple of those people in the video can even pass the PT test waist measurement. It pisses me off every day to see the airlift they're eating up because they get priority over some of the shit that really needs to move. Always pleases me to see when we crowd their jets with whatever else we can shove on there. That's right, sit down, shut up, and get up close and personal with some pallets or rolling stock for the next few hours you sequin-studded wannabes. Even worse, there's a group of TIB "alumni" traveling around the AOR doing performances as well. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? How about bringing out the actual USAF or Marine Bands from the States?

Stick it to the man!

• 3 months later...

Toro, didn't you get the memo? It's all about winning hearts and minds now.

Just think about all the shows the USAF will be able to fund by cutting the best fixed-winged CAS platform ever made.

It's a shame, but it's decisions like this that make it no mystery to me why almost every single current and qualified 11F I know has gone immediately to the guard upon completion of their ADSC.