Jump to content
Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
VL-16

Gun Talk

Recommended Posts

Where would you get a conversion kit for the 15/22?  I have a stock one that needs some sprucing up, maybe an inexpensive optic.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, matmacwc said:

Where would you get a conversion kit for the 15/22?  I have a stock one that needs some sprucing up, maybe an inexpensive optic.  Thanks!

Not sure I follow.  You have a M&P 15-22 that you want to convert?...to what?

For cheap optics, I'd probably look at Primary Arms or Holosun.  They seem to get decent reviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good question, my bad.  Unfortunately it’s a Remington (15/22), I can google as much as the next guy, just looking for advice on AR style conversion kits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 4:23 AM, matmacwc said:

Good question, my bad.  Unfortunately it’s a Remington (15/22), I can google as much as the next guy, just looking for advice on AR style conversion kits.

Are you taking about a Ruger 10/22? As for optics that won’t break the bank it depends on what you are wanting to do with it. For around a $100 you have plenty of options for basic to 12x magnification stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, cragspider said:

Are you taking about a Ruger 10/22? As for optics that won’t break the bank it depends on what you are wanting to do with it. For around a $100 you have plenty of options for basic to 12x magnification stuff. 

AR conversion kit, I’ve been hunting and shooting since I was 4 years old, still can’t hit the broadside of a barn, always passed military testing, but never marksman.  I’ve never really cracked the nut on my right handed, left eye dominant situation.  My point is, I need more bullets to make up for it.  🙂

Edited by matmacwc
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, matmacwc said:

AR conversion kit, I’ve been hunting and shooting since I was 4 years old, still can’t hit the broadside of a barn, always passed military testing, but never marksman.  I’ve never really cracked the nut on my right handed, left eye dominant situation.  My point is, I need more bullets to make up for it.  🙂

If you are looking for a 22 conversion for your AR, then I’d check out primary arms for when they put the cmmg bolt conversion with mags on sale. Another option is to look at getting a dedicated 22 upper for your gun for a little more money. That way the barrel will stabilize the 22 round coming out of the 1:16 twist vs the 1:7-8 twist rates of most 5.56 barrels. The 5.56 will stabilize it some but the round will start to tumble if you are trying to be super accurate with it. As for the right hand left eye dominant issue, I’ve been there with the same issue. Still shoot that way most of the time when I’m shooting my pistols. Don’t have that issue when I’m shooting with a scope, but that’s taking lots of practice for me to be able to close my left eye to do it. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up my first AK, it’s a PSA AKV, 10.5” 9mm. Got it out to the range yesterday and it’s a blast to shoot, put 350 rounds through it and had  zero issues with what I’d call gen 1.5. I put a Bushnell red dot on it that nicely co-witness with the iron sights. 

E409023F-336F-4A28-BD35-3ECA2F02E3D0.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PSA: about PSA, palmetto state armory, they have a good deal on complete ar-15 lowers right now with magpul hardware. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just took a "Desert Eagle .50" to the range.  'Merica.  Pretty heavy and concealed carry may be difficult, but that thing is a beast.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For ihtfp06, with my apologies...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MilitaryToFinance said:

Walmart no longer allowing open carry in stores and giving in to the whiny liberals and discontinuing the sale of handgun ammunition. Clearly the corporate culture has drifted a long ways from Arkansas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

If I can't carry at Walmart, there is no fucking way I am setting foot in those stores!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M2 said:

If I can't carry at Walmart, there is no fucking way I am setting foot in those stores!

You can still CC there. Just no open carry even if it’s legal. Curtailing selling some types of ammo will just move my business else where till I get back to TX or near an Academy Sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Beto:  

"I was asked how I'd address people's fears that we will take away their assault rifles.

I want to be clear: That's exactly what we're going to do. Americans who own AR-15s and AK-47s will have to sell their assault weapons. All of them."

Well, I will admit I appreciate his candor and clarity of communication.  Leaves no doubt as to what he wants.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden got on the "mandatory assault weapons buyback" train a couple days ago, too.

How can you "buy back" what you have never owned to begin with??

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So one could keep their M1A with a wood stock?  Good thing it's not as scary as an AR-15.

Edited by nunya
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nc_oc=AQkobeVtbUberzfYkg3WHYk5WtNtRhQC7OpFqV_BKqzlH6BzKfVnbj1O5Z7dc7kv0d0&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nc_oc=AQmkf7EAUOdbwOIjDaqBUKJy5Ku_x5Uj5FxqYZ95xgisas2DRddM5ti3P6HobbBsv7A&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 9:54 AM, Orbit said:

PSA: about PSA, palmetto state armory, they have a good deal on complete ar-15 lowers right now with magpul hardware. 

Be careful.  Just bought one and the pistol grip didn't come with the screw to hold it to the lower. 

Edited by pbar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, pbar said:

Be careful.  Just bought one and the pistol grip didn't come with the screw to hold it to the lower. 

Yea my last lower had some touch up paint where they must have scraped it up.  Not impressed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 3:28 PM, M2 said:

nc_oc=AQkobeVtbUberzfYkg3WHYk5WtNtRhQC7OpFqV_BKqzlH6BzKfVnbj1O5Z7dc7kv0d0&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

God bless Texas! Best Country on the planet!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the regulations as far as firearms while at UPT? As a student in the on base housing would we be allowed to keep a CCW handgun or hunting shotgun at the base armory or is it a no go unless you're in a house?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just store it with an off-base classmate.  You don’t want to deal with SF.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...