VL-16

Gun Talk

1 minute ago, tac airlifter said:

She is unable to shoot my ARs.  9mm is an easier caliber for her.  What exactly are you confused about?

Got it, you are a nonner.

• Downvote 6

Sure do.  I am an operator and on the eve of a horrific shooting in OUR country the last thing I give a shit about is some bullshit 9mm.

• Downvote 5

operator...pew pew- or I could be driving a lame ass rpa

Edited by Justonethought

1 hour ago, Justonethought said:

operator...pew pew- or I could be driving a lame ass rpa

Is this the thread about snowflake whippersnappers? 

So much for intellectually honest discussions, huh?

Sure do.  I am an operator and on the eve of a horrific shooting in OUR country the last thing I give a shit about is some bullshit 9mm.
Its fascinating, the people that come out of the woodwork to start politicizing tragedies just hours after they occur. This is a frequent occurrence on Reddit and other communities but very bizarre to see it here. It's important to keep an eye out for hidden agendas as we wrestle with the implications of what just happened

6 hours ago, Justonethought said:

If you don’t care to read about guns, don’t open the gun thread.  

If you want to talk politics do so in one of the many thread venues which cater to that.

1 hour ago, Justonethought said:

Don't talk about gun regulation in a thread about guns?  I don't follow your logic.

Ha, you got triggered by a picture of a gun.

Anyway, since you've already referenced the tragic shooting in Texas (and even commented on that thread), I think he's suggesting the other thread might be a more directed place to voice your opinion. Hell, you can even open up a new thread.. God knows those with enough foresight already have popcorn in hand waiting for your next post, wherever it falls.

Edited by tk1313

I wish this was an intentional pun with "triggered".  Damn millenials.

Edited by Justonethought
  • Downvote 1

On 11/5/2017 at 7:04 PM, Justonethought said:

We_got_a_Badass_over_here_Meme.gif

I think we can get behind a man teaching his daughter how to shoot, especially with a well engineered firearm.

Personally, the MP5K clone was just too iconic to pass up.  Suppressed Z5P with the B&T style brace is the new range toy.  :)

IMG_20171104_154223676_HDR.jpg

Edited by raimius
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Just brought this home today.  I’d never heard of B&T until recently, did some online digging and found good reviews.  I was in the market for something my daughter can easily shoulder and shoot so I grabbed this. Very nice engineering, I’m impressed.

8C32B7AC-85C0-49C4-8EF5-7181003E6E30.thumb.jpeg.326ec3536eebb388f10225c970acf210.jpeg

Is this technically a pistol and did you have to do anything special when purchasing it?

It’s a pistol, hence the right folding SB “arm brace.”  But shouldering is legal, and the brace is stiff enough for moderate use.  That said, I’m planning to SBR this in due time.

raimius, is that a zenith?  Looks great!  How is the suppressor mounted?  Looks forward of the tri-lug.

Edited by tac airlifter

So someone posts a contrarian view and they are a tool and now need mod approval to post.  Again, this site is becoming an echo chamber.  This guy clearly should not have had acces to any weapon, let alone an AR.  It's as simple as that.

10 hours ago, Justonethought said:

So someone posts a contrarian view and they are a tool and now need mod approval to post.  Again, this site is becoming an echo chamber.  This guy clearly should not have had acces to any weapon, let alone an AR.  It's as simple as that.

If he was considered such a danger to society before the shooting then why wasn't he in prison?  Gun laws work as well as drug laws, so if society does not believe person X should have 'access' to Y (i.e. ability to obtain Y, whether legally or illegally) then due process should be used to put person X in prison until they are no longer a threat to society.  

11 hours ago, Justonethought said:

No, you’re a tool because of your “I’m an operator” bullshit. No one cares. 

You’re also a tool because in a thread where we regularly have civil discussion on a near-daily basis about guns themselves (with gun laws typically in other threads), you rolled in and said we couldn’t talk about any guns because of an event. Wrong for two reasons:

1) there was already a thread for the event itself to hug it out for your sensitive psyche in addition to being able to participate in threads discussing the legal aspect

2) By your logic after the NYC incident no one should have been talking about their F-150 or rental cars. How dumb does that sound?

So yes, go fuck yourself. Or start your own discussion board with the tin foil hat guy and PYB. 

Edited by SurelySerious
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/5/2017 at 8:04 PM, Justonethought said:

What do you operate?

On 11/8/2017 at 8:20 AM, Buddy Spike said:

What do you operate?

I found this picture of him in his mother’s basement....

AD57743E-D3E0-4FC7-A5AB-045C4A511BE4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2017 at 7:58 PM, tac airlifter said:

It’s a pistol, hence the right folding SB “arm brace.”  But shouldering is legal, and the brace is stiff enough for moderate use.  That said, I’m planning to SBR this in due time.

raimius, is that a zenith?  Looks great!  How is the suppressor mounted?  Looks forward of the tri-lug.

Yes, it is a Zenith.  The can is a GM-45 with a thread adapter.  The Z5P has 1/2-28 threads in front of the 3-lug setup (and threads seem to be more reliable over time).  
I'd like to get an Omega 9K or similar for it, but I already had the GM-45.  Still undecided on SBRing it or not.