Gun Talk

VL-16

11 hours ago, Justonethought said:

So someone posts a contrarian view and they are a tool and now need mod approval to post.  Again, this site is becoming an echo chamber.  This guy clearly should not have had acces to any weapon, let alone an AR.  It's as simple as that.

No, you’re a tool because of your “I’m an operator” bullshit. No one cares. 

You’re also a tool because in a thread where we regularly have civil discussion on a near-daily basis about guns themselves (with gun laws typically in other threads), you rolled in and said we couldn’t talk about any guns because of an event. Wrong for two reasons:

1) there was already a thread for the event itself to hug it out for your sensitive psyche in addition to being able to participate in threads discussing the legal aspect

2) By your logic after the NYC incident no one should have been talking about their F-150 or rental cars. How dumb does that sound?

So yes, go fuck yourself. Or start your own discussion board with the tin foil hat guy and PYB. 

Edited by SurelySerious
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2017 at 7:58 PM, tac airlifter said:

It’s a pistol, hence the right folding SB “arm brace.”  But shouldering is legal, and the brace is stiff enough for moderate use.  That said, I’m planning to SBR this in due time.

raimius, is that a zenith?  Looks great!  How is the suppressor mounted?  Looks forward of the tri-lug.

Yes, it is a Zenith.  The can is a GM-45 with a thread adapter.  The Z5P has 1/2-28 threads in front of the 3-lug setup (and threads seem to be more reliable over time).  
I'd like to get an Omega 9K or similar for it, but I already had the GM-45.  Still undecided on SBRing it or not.

• 5 weeks later...

My latest acquisition, a Webley Mk I still in .455...

IMAG7981.thumb.jpg.79213e660044d48816d3e4e33f38b5b8.jpg

I believe it has been re-arsenaled, but not updated to a Mk I* (a dovetailed hardened backplate installed and in some cases the hammer is replaced, essentially turning it into a Mk II). The Mk I was approved in 1890 and approximately 40,000 were made. The vast majority have been re-arsenaled.

The holster, a 1943 Canadian canvas one for a Mk VI variant, was included.

It's my fourth Webley.  I have a 1918 Mk VI also in .455, and two Mk IVs in .38/200.

Cheers!  M2

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

For all you 1911 buffs out there. The CMP just received 8,000 from the Army. It will be at least 60 days before they can start opening crates and looking at them. But I’d expect the order forms to be available soon after that. I’m going to try and get my one for the year and call it good. But to have an official issued one in my safe will be cool. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 10:42 AM, sputnik said:

Been 10 years since I bought anything from CMP and Im retired.  Any idea of they keep records or do I have to jump a bunch of hoops?

An issue 45 would ve very cool

It's a complete new process under a separate CMP entity, and its a bit involved.  Look at the CMP website for news and links.

Start jumping

Out

On 2/3/2018 at 8:42 AM, sputnik said:

Been 10 years since I bought anything from CMP and Im retired.  Any idea of they keep records or do I have to jump a bunch of hoops?

Retiree ID has been good enough to satisfy both the Club Membership and Marksmanship Activity requirements for the standard CMP membership and purchasing rifles.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

Anyone have thoughts on pistol optics?  I've played around with them but never owned one.  Now considering a G34 Gen5 MOS purchase (w/ optic)... and I'm curious how rugged a pistol optic would be over time.  Do they get loose after so many rounds?  Hold zero indefinitely?  

Getting loose would be more a function of the mount rather than the optic, in most cases.  As for zero, it depends on the model.  Battery powered RMRs have to be removed to replace the battery, so they would need to be re-zeroed then.  Others, like the DeltaPoint Pro have top-loading batteries. 

I can't comment too much on longevity, but it seems like the RMRs and DeltaPoint Pros last a good while, from what I hear.

So in addition to being unable to remember where I put that opened Ensure, I find myself unable to find where JBSA allows personal conveyance of a firearm as Nellis just did.

I could've sworn I read that JBSA, being in Texas and all, treated folks like grown-ups.

Big-a@@ sign going through the gate said "Verboten!"  Google-fu shows same.

Help/link to sanity?

ABC alleging POTUS may ban bump stocks.

Possibly. I prefer the glass is half full approach. If you read the memo you’ll see that he told the DOJ to keep doing what they’re doing (ATF rulemaking process) to determine if bump stocks should be classified differently.

So in addition to being unable to remember where I put that opened Ensure, I find myself unable to find where JBSA allows personal conveyance of a firearm as Nellis just did.
I could've sworn I read that JBSA, being in Texas and all, treated folks like grown-ups.
Big-a@@ sign going through the gate said "Verboten!"  Google-fu shows same.

Help/link to sanity?

JBSA does not and will not have concealed carry due to being a Joint/Army installation.