Gun Talk

VL-16

18 hours ago, matmacwc said:

Where would you get a conversion kit for the 15/22?  I have a stock one that needs some sprucing up, maybe an inexpensive optic.  Thanks!

Not sure I follow.  You have a M&P 15-22 that you want to convert?...to what?

For cheap optics, I'd probably look at Primary Arms or Holosun.  They seem to get decent reviews.

On 4/19/2019 at 4:23 AM, matmacwc said:

Good question, my bad.  Unfortunately it’s a Remington (15/22), I can google as much as the next guy, just looking for advice on AR style conversion kits.

Are you taking about a Ruger 10/22? As for optics that won’t break the bank it depends on what you are wanting to do with it. For around a $100 you have plenty of options for basic to 12x magnification stuff. 

11 hours ago, cragspider said:

Are you taking about a Ruger 10/22? As for optics that won’t break the bank it depends on what you are wanting to do with it. For around a $100 you have plenty of options for basic to 12x magnification stuff. 

AR conversion kit, I’ve been hunting and shooting since I was 4 years old, still can’t hit the broadside of a barn, always passed military testing, but never marksman.  I’ve never really cracked the nut on my right handed, left eye dominant situation.  My point is, I need more bullets to make up for it.  🙂

Edited by matmacwc
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, matmacwc said:

AR conversion kit, I’ve been hunting and shooting since I was 4 years old, still can’t hit the broadside of a barn, always passed military testing, but never marksman.  I’ve never really cracked the nut on my right handed, left eye dominant situation.  My point is, I need more bullets to make up for it.  🙂

If you are looking for a 22 conversion for your AR, then I’d check out primary arms for when they put the cmmg bolt conversion with mags on sale. Another option is to look at getting a dedicated 22 upper for your gun for a little more money. That way the barrel will stabilize the 22 round coming out of the 1:16 twist vs the 1:7-8 twist rates of most 5.56 barrels. The 5.56 will stabilize it some but the round will start to tumble if you are trying to be super accurate with it. As for the right hand left eye dominant issue, I’ve been there with the same issue. Still shoot that way most of the time when I’m shooting my pistols. Don’t have that issue when I’m shooting with a scope, but that’s taking lots of practice for me to be able to close my left eye to do it. Good luck. 

• 3 months later...

Just picked up my first AK, it’s a PSA AKV, 10.5” 9mm. Got it out to the range yesterday and it’s a blast to shoot, put 350 rounds through it and had  zero issues with what I’d call gen 1.5. I put a Bushnell red dot on it that nicely co-witness with the iron sights. 

E409023F-336F-4A28-BD35-3ECA2F02E3D0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Walmart no longer allowing open carry in stores and giving in to the whiny liberals and discontinuing the sale of handgun ammunition. Clearly the corporate culture has drifted a long ways from Arkansas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

11 minutes ago, MilitaryToFinance said:

Walmart no longer allowing open carry in stores and giving in to the whiny liberals and discontinuing the sale of handgun ammunition. Clearly the corporate culture has drifted a long ways from Arkansas.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/the-full-memo-from-walmarts-ceo-about-pulling-back-on-gun-sales.html

If I can't carry at Walmart, there is no fucking way I am setting foot in those stores!

2 hours ago, M2 said:

If I can't carry at Walmart, there is no fucking way I am setting foot in those stores!

You can still CC there. Just no open carry even if it’s legal. Curtailing selling some types of ammo will just move my business else where till I get back to TX or near an Academy Sports. 

From Beto:  

"I was asked how I'd address people's fears that we will take away their assault rifles.

I want to be clear: That's exactly what we're going to do. Americans who own AR-15s and AK-47s will have to sell their assault weapons. All of them."

Well, I will admit I appreciate his candor and clarity of communication.  Leaves no doubt as to what he wants.  

On 8/2/2019 at 9:54 AM, Orbit said:

PSA: about PSA, palmetto state armory, they have a good deal on complete ar-15 lowers right now with magpul hardware. 

Be careful.  Just bought one and the pistol grip didn't come with the screw to hold it to the lower. 

Edited by pbar

40 minutes ago, pbar said:

Be careful.  Just bought one and the pistol grip didn't come with the screw to hold it to the lower. 

Yea my last lower had some touch up paint where they must have scraped it up.  Not impressed.  

• 1 month later...