Gun Talk

VL-16

I was a little confused on that as well.

I think the term you're looking for is "doubling". Definitely best to get that worked out before some Fud thinks you're rocking FA at "his" shootin' range and calls the Federales...

Thanks! Doubling makes sense. I know double tap = two rapid shots, just couldn't think of another way to saying "doubling."

Definitely, that's why when I was sure it wasn't just a freak event and it reoccurred I put that lower away and threw on a different one. Even shooting in a buddies back yard, not worth the risk.

Edited by StoleIt

• 2 weeks later...

One of the many reason I'm against liberals pushing for more gun control--they don't know what in the hell they are talking about when it comes to firearms and either lie/make shit up to force their beliefs on others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIKfoO-JTcc

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/21/conservative-guest-asks-cnn-anchor-to-define-automatic-weapon-his-response-will-leave-many-viewers-speechless/

One of the many reasons I'm against liberals-they don't know what in the hell they are talking and either lie/make shit up to force their beliefs on others.

FIFY...and you're right on target

Also...the dude on the left in the video (and politics coincidentally) is a f*cking moron. Yes, it is semantics: correct and incorrect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hispeed7721
  • Upvote 1

Anyone here have experience with NFA items? I've been entertaining the idea for a while but I'm curious if there are unique challenges for us mil dudes who have to pcs every so often.

For anyone who's done it: did you set up a trust?

Edited by Warrior

I have a trust. I got it so I can share my stuff easier.

Suppressors aren't a big deal crossing state lines/moving, assuming you're moving to a suppressor-friendly state SBR is a much bigger pain. I won't get any SBRs until I'm settled somewhere.

Edited by nunya

Like Nunya said, there is zero difference for mil/non mil and suppressors as long as you're moving to one of the 39 suppressor friendly states.

With an SBR you have to get permission to cross state lines ahead of time (mil, non mil, trust, no trust).

The biggest advantage to trusts (IMO, there are a lot of different pieces really) is for your kids/dependents when you head west it makes it easier for them to retain ownership/not pay additional fees

Anyone here have experience with NFA items? I've been entertaining the idea for a while but I'm curious if there are unique challenges for us mil dudes who have to pcs every so often.

For anyone who's done it: did you set up a trust?

In light of this question-

http://www.silencershop.com/shop/aac-evolution-9/

FYI-not affiliated nor did I buy one. Saving up for a Dillon 1050 first...

Didn't see this posted and assumed this would be the logical place for it be, so here goes:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/sons-guns-star-william-hayden-charged-child-rape-article-1.1918473

It is innocent until proven guilty and I have actually seen the scenario Hayden is claiming - ex-girlfriend has young daughter cry "molestation" against an Air Force dude. He was court-martialed, found innocent, but Big Blue had shunned him upon the first accusation, so he was toast. He got out and made a mint as a consultant.

So, Hayden could be innocent. But the show is a mort (no loss really, but it was a good try for a few shows at the beginning). Red Jacket Firearms also was quick to distance itself from Hayden.

So, Hayden could be innocent. But the show is a mort (no loss really, but it was a good try for a few shows at the beginning). Red Jacket Firearms also was quick to distance itself from Hayden.

Agreed, he is innocent until proven guilty. But also agree that show is pretty stupid. I was a big fan the first 1-2 seasons, and then it just got too lame. Hopefully Discovery Channel can find a better show about guns.

Beretta has a $50 rebate per firearm for a total of two firearms for current and past military members. The only issue is sending in a copy of your Mil ID. They always seem to ask for that. I've heard of people successfully using a military email or something along those lines. It's definitely worth it if you're a fan of Berettas.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/bdt/amp/

I have to be honest guys, this excites me.

10625016_839716012706866_335772778577809

When I return from a forthcoming deployment I'm going to build an AR pistol around the new Sig brace. I've been on the fence for a while, but this review on an upcoming tube made for the brace has me excited about an essentially legal non-NFA SBR.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5570079063

I'm thinking 10.5" LWRC IC upper on the Odin lower.

Also possible I'll try the Sig 556 10" pistol. I've got some time to chew it over.

Anyone with experience using the Sig brace? I've seen plenty of YouTube videos and read reviews, but never gotten to hold one myself.

Anyone with experience using the Sig brace? I've seen plenty of YouTube videos and read reviews, but never gotten to hold one myself.

I've have never fired an AR/AK using it, but I have shouldered a few different configurations at gun shows over the last year. It's obviously not a 'stock' but, like you mentioned, works pretty well when you consider it allows you to effectivley shoulder a non-SBR SBR and avoid the NFA BS. I think the key is to have a buffer tube setup (long enough, etc) that allows the shooter to get a comfortable position when shouldering the brace. The link you provided shows some good options, but it seems KAK Industry (ironically located in CA) has some of the best options available for a reasonable price.

I really like the quick detach/attach of the 'Dolos' that MAC uses in the video. Here's a short video he posted on his FB page (30 Aug) with one of his guys using a folding 'stock' for DI AR's with the Dolos:

https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms?ref=ts&fref=ts

When I return from a forthcoming deployment I'm going to build an AR pistol around the new Sig brace. I've been on the fence for a while, but this review on an upcoming tube made for the brace has me excited about an essentially legal non-NFA SBR.

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/5570079063

I'm thinking 10.5" LWRC IC upper on the Odin lower.

Also possible I'll try the Sig 556 10" pistol. I've got some time to chew it over.

There's a big fad with short barreled pistols lately and I really don't understand it. If people are just collecting guns for the sake of collecting safe queens, by all means. I've never seen a job that can't be accomplished with a 14.5 or 16 standard. Besides that, why go pistol/shorty and lose the leverage of a 6 position buffer tube at full extension? That aside, tactically you're losing velocity, accelerating gas port corrosion and ultimately, cutting the life of the barrel by a good 75%. Short barrels used in SOF are mission specific for assaulters. No kidding I've seen barrels get chucked every 3 or 4 runs. Sure, that's largely due to high pressured and heavy (77gr) ammo, but really, the industry hype over this set-up is a fad. Not to mention the quality control of barrel gas port diameter being so variable that gas pressures spike over the short life of the barrel. Chronograph it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

I've have never fired an AR/AK using it, but I have shouldered a few different configurations at gun shows over the last year. It's obviously not a 'stock' but, like you mentioned, works pretty well when you consider it allows you to effectivley shoulder a non-SBR SBR and avoid the NFA BS. I think the key is to have a buffer tube setup (long enough, etc) that allows the shooter to get a comfortable position when shouldering the brace. The link you provided shows some good options, but it seems KAK Industry (ironically located in CA) has some of the best options available for a reasonable price.

I really like the quick detach/attach of the 'Dolos' that MAC uses in the video. Here's a short video he posted on his FB page (30 Aug) with one of his guys using a folding 'stock' for DI AR's with the Dolos:

https://www.facebook.com/militaryarms?ref=ts&fref=ts

Phase5 makes the longest "pistol stock" I've seen. It still sucks to shoulder if you're used to a open stock at 6 position.

There's a big fad with short barreled pistols lately and I really don't understand it. If people are just collecting guns for the sake of collecting safe queens, by all means. I've never seen a job that can't be accomplished with a 14.5 or 16 standard. Besides that, why go pistol/shorty and lose the leverage of a 6 position buffer tube at full extension? That aside, tactically you're losing velocity, accelerating gas port corrosion and ultimately, cutting the life of the barrel by a good 75%. Short barrels used in SOF are mission specific for assaulters. No kidding I've seen barrels get chucked every 3 or 4 runs. Sure, that's largely due to high pressured and heavy (77gr) ammo, but really, the industry hype over this set-up is a fad. Not to mention the quality control of barrel gas port diameter being so variable that gas pressures spike over the short life of the barrel.

You really can't understand why people want a non-NFA SBR equivalent?
  • Upvote 2

There's a big fad with short barreled pistols lately and I really don't understand it. If people are just collecting guns for the sake of collecting safe queens, by all means. I've never seen a job that can't be accomplished with a 14.5 or 16 standard. Besides that, why go pistol/shorty and lose the leverage of a 6 position buffer tube at full extension?

I think tac airlifter replied appropriately.

It has to do with overall length and transportability, as I'm sure you understand (or not?). Some people want to be able to have many of the same benefits of a having a 'rifle' in a small carry bag/backpack, under the seat of a car, etc. So until Congress repeals the NFA requirement of SBR's or a federal judge overturns the law as unConstitutional, this is the next best thing without having to go through the NFA hassle.

I don't doubt the spec differences in using a shorter barrel and a non-adjustable 'stock', but then again, you can carry a Ruger LCP in .380 in your pants front pocket, or a heavy Desert Eagle in .50AE on your hip/in your backpack.

I think it might be logical in .300blk, as that cartridge is better suited to 9-10in barrels.

This is exactly on point...especially since the 300 blk was designed to be fired suppressed. I've got a 8.5" 300 blk setup that I run with a 8" suppressor and it is a beauty to shoot