Gun Talk

VL-16

Here's a picture of this douchebag who went on the rampage the other day. His name is 'John Zawahri'...from his appearance it definitely seems as if he's another one of those crazy Christian, Right Wing, Tea Party guys....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2338250/Pictured-Santa-Monica-college-gunman-John-Zawahri-23-went-shooting-rampage-killing-angry-parents-divorce.html?ito=feeds-videoxml

Nobody in the real world gives a shit about what happens in California.

Yeah, good luck with that. I hope you're right, but I think this is going to get more traction than you think. This wasn't the normal gang or robbery violence and the dude was walking with 31 mags and a spare upper receiver. Expect this to get trumpeted loudly, the only thing missing is the school filled with dead kids. Not for lack of the shooters effort...

Good deal on 7.62 x 39 on sgammo.com...1k for $250, $22 shipping...great price these days.

Why are you linking back to this thread?!? Just bustin' on ya! :thefinger:

Here's the real link...

http://sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger/1000-rds-762x39-fmj-bt-golden-tiger-124-grain-ammo-limit-5-cases-day

Why does it say "100000 or more?!?"

Anyhow, I am sufficiently hoarded up on 7.62x39, must resist the urge to buy even more just because the prices are dropping! That is an awesome price, and SGAmmo are great to deal with!

Cheers! M2

• Upvote 1

Why are you linking back to this thread?!? Just bustin' on ya! :thefinger:

Here's the real link...

http://sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger/1000-rds-762x39-fmj-bt-golden-tiger-124-grain-ammo-limit-5-cases-day

Why does it say "100000 or more?!?"

Anyhow, I am sufficiently hoarded up on 7.62x39, must resist the urge to buy even more just because the prices are dropping! That is an awesome price, and SGAmmo are great to deal with!

Cheers! M2

Haha my bad man--thanks for the help!

I was buying this same kind from sgammo for around $210/1Kish last summer, so all things considering, not a bad price at all! Wonder how much lower it will go...

Haha my bad man--thanks for the help!

I was buying this same kind from sgammo for around $210/1Kish last summer, so all things considering, not a bad price at all! Wonder how much lower it will go...

Agreed, my friend, I think I paid around $225 for 1260 rounds of M67 (Yugo 7.62x39) at a gun show on the same day as the 2011 Tucson shooting, and I thought that was expensive.

Most I've bad during these "Dark Ages" was $350/1000. Not too bad, and I've stocked up on the stuff (although it's all destined to end up on the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico...)

Hopefully we'll see some normalcy one of these days...

Cheers! M2

• Upvote 1

Not really worth the drive unless there are no other sporting goods/outdoor stores closer. You won't find any great deals and they're not a destination like Cabela's or Bass Pro (with a restaurant and aquarium and all that).

RUMINT is we are getting a Gander Mountain here in the Alamo City. From what folks have told me, they have some awesome sales but their day-to-day prices and selection are nothing to get excited about.

If that is the case, it may be worth the trip; but I would suggest looking at their weekly sales flyer before going.

An hour drive isn't really that far anyway (at least by Texas standards)...

Cheers! M2

Has anyone been to one of the Gander Mountain gun stores? There's one about an hour from me and I was wondering if it's worth the drive.

Not that great. I've only been to the one in Lubbock, but was not impressed.

Agreed, my friend, I think I paid around $225 for 1260 rounds of M67 (Yugo 7.62x39) at a gun show on the same day as the 2011 Tucson shooting, and I thought that was expensive.

I nearly sold one of my 1260 cases of M67 during the panic when someone offered me $700 for it! Shoulda done it.

Not really worth the drive unless there are no other sporting goods/outdoor stores closer. You won't find any great deals and they're not a destination like Cabela's or Bass Pro (with a restaurant and aquarium and all that).

Thanks you guys. There is a Cabela's next door so I'll swing by next time I go there.

G19 for an EDC kind of gun. Haven't been able to actually hold a G4 yet, don't know why the dual recoil spring would be beneficial on a 9mm, but keeping an open mind. They aren't that much more expensive.

If you have a Glock LEO dealer near you, you can get them at the LE/Mil price of $398 for either a Gen 3 or Gen 4 Glock. This applies to their standard models... 17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27. The Gen 4 17s and 19s had some growing pains to include reliability issues. I have a Gen 4 17 I bought about 2.5 years ago with 2824 rounds of FMJ and JHP through it. I had some extraction problems with it initially and then I purchased a new aftermarket extractor and the upgraded Glock ejector. I had zero reliability problems (~2300 rounds) after I installed the new parts. I don't shoot it anymore, and I am actually looking to sell it. The newer Gen 4 17s and 19s come with the ejector I purchased. It would appear that Glock has pretty much fixed the reliability but there are still people reporting weak extraction and brass to the face on the 17s and 19s. While this doesn't necessarily affect reliability of the gun, it isn't ideal. I've heard the same issues are present in the Gen 3 17s and 19s, but have no personal experience with them. Realize, my sample size is one Gen 4 Glock 17.

Glock's track record is well proven, and despite some of the issues that came about when the first Gen 4 9mm pistols arrived, I still see them as the standard by which all other polymer pistols are judged.

Alternatively, I suggest you look at HK's offerings. Good EDC options in 9mm would be the USP Compact, P2000, P2000sk, and P30. They are more expensive, but the price is justified.

PSA is offering a $100 Father's Day gift card for $90...and there doesn't seem to be a limit on how many you can buy. So essentially you're investing in a future 10% discount. Not bad when you think about it, especially in terms of bulk purchases. I'm thinking BQZip should buy me a couple for Father's Day.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/fathers-day-palmetto-state-armory-100-gift-card.html

Ran across this blurb on the Glock 19 page: http://www.glock.com/english/glock19.htm

With the proven caliber of 9x19, it has found worldwide distribution in security services. In addition to being used as a conventional service weapon, it is suitable for concealed carry or as a backup weapon. For instance, many of the elite pilots of the USAF for instance trust the GLOCK 19 for their efficient defense in emergency situations.

Is there even an ounce of truth to that? 10%? I've seen AF troops carrying Glocks, but they weren't pilots and they weren't "typical." Has the Glock 19 ever been issued to aircrew?

Interesting story about the recent shooting in CA:

http://news.yahoo.co...-032651838.html

http://www.thetrutha...fb_source=pubv1

That's not really different from buying a blank lower and milling your own lower...which people have been doing for...well basically a long time via downloaded CAD blueprints.

100_2980_640x480.jpg

But seriously, the people who are committing violent crimes with guns aren't the same people milling them from blanks or 3d printing.

Not picking on Stoleit, just using what he said as a way to show that what happened in Santa Monica is going to give the politicians/ATF more ammunition (somewhat pun intended) to push for more laws and regulations that won't change a damn thing...

Police said Zawahri bought a lower receiver that was only 80 percent complete. Because it is not complete and not considered a full weapon, a person isn't required to go through a background check to get one, nor does the part need to have a serial number.

I wonder if they will try to change the '80% rule'. Even if they do, it's not like guys can't mill their own lowers, or even more easily, print their own. Once again, universal background checks wouldn't have stopped this from happening.

Allow myself to quote...myself...

As for the the idea of printing firearm parts...

Here's a question to ponder--I wonder if the ATF will eventually start requiring barrels to be stamped with a serial number so as to be considered a regulated item?

I don't see this causing another huge run on AR's, but I do expect the issue to be brought up in the next gun control vote in the Senate.

Ran across this blurb on the Glock 19 page: http://www.glock.com...ish/glock19.htm

Is there even an ounce of truth to that? 10%? I've seen AF troops carrying Glocks, but they weren't pilots and they weren't "typical." Has the Glock 19 ever been issued to aircrew?

I'm not a huge fan of Glocks but I would take one of those over the Berretta M9 any day and twice on sundays.

• Upvote 2