Gun Talk

VL-16

Before the panic I bought a PSA MOE LPK for $65. You can find the same one at PSA for $79. http://palmettostate...parts-kits.html. I also just picked up another lower from them for $119. Last I checked they still had stripped lowers in stock. http://palmettostate...ar15-lower.html

Not part of the lower, but PSA has complete Bolt Carrier Groups for $179 a piece...not hateful these days and getting pretty decent reviews if you're trying to build an upper.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/m16-bolt-carrier-group.html

Where's the liberal indignation to outlaw knives after 14 were stabbed at a Texas college campus today?: http://www.foxnews.c...college-campus/

Maybe because there is no Constitutional amendment to stomp all over?

Standby by for Obamao to spin this into more proof that gun control is necessary. With a knife, these people were merely injured. With a gun, they likely all would've died and then some.

Very nice, FS. What firearms were you using? The pistol looked like a G34/35.

Springfield Armory 5.25 9mm

Mossberg 930 SPX converted for 3Gun (welded lifter, extended magtube, XS sights)

Custom AR (BCM 16 middy upper with SSA trigger)--plan up upgrading that to an 18" rifled system down the road

Stupidity continues to cause self-inflicted economic pain:

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-manufacturer-leave-connecticut-over-gun-control-legislation-213413895--finance.html

A Connecticut gun-maker has announced Wednesday it intends to leave the state following the passage of gun control legislation it says tramples on the rights of citizens and does not show enough consideration for the industry.

Bristol-based PTR says in a statement posted on its website that it has not decided where it will move, but it has commitments from most employees to relocate. The company makes military-style rifles and employs more than 40 people.

Surprise, motherfcuker, some folks have principals and will act to defend them:

The move by PTR may surprise some lawmakers, like U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), who haven't been taking gun makers' threats seriously.

"Gun manufacturers are like other businesses in looking for the highest quality workforce, the best business environment in terms of transportation and taxes and other features unrelated to any regulatory action," Blumenthal said in an interview last week.

"Their markets are national. What happens in Connecticut affects only purchases here," he added.

Turd.

I just stumbled across news (from a few weeks ago) that Beretta is considering leaving Maryland if they enact dumber gun laws. And I think that many of these companies will take the financial hit to move ops because on a business side, more dumb laws means less sales.

http://www.foxnews.c...ugher-gun-laws/

Apologies is this was posted before.

Out (can't spell)

Edited by disgruntledemployee

I just stumbled across news (from a few weeks ago) that Beretta is considering leaving Maryland if they enact dumber gun laws. And I think that many of these companies will take the financial hit to move ops because on a business side, more dumb laws means less sales.

http://www.foxnews.c...ugher-gun-laws/

Apologies is this was posted before.

Out (can't spell)

I don't think too many companies will move...at least the large ones won't. Smith and Wesson is HQ'd in Massachusetts, Springfield is in Illinois, and Remington is in New York--very anti-gun States and I haven't heard of any of them moving.

As for more dumb laws equating to less sales--that's true regardless of which State the companies reside in. If a company moves for reasons not equating to State taxes, business rules/regulations, better/cheaper workers, reduced expense, etc...if it's not for those business reasons, then the move would purely be for principle and emotional reasons.

Don't get me wrong, I would definitely support gun manufacturers moving to more gun friendly States, but if they don't, it won't cause to me to stop purchasing their products if I see them as a good value. A bunch of us have been buying Smith and Wesson MP-15's because we've been able to get them for a pretty sweet deal...the fact that they reside in Massachusetts didn't really affect my decision one way or another.

If a company can show its super serious, I mean really really serious that it will move if the state they reside in passes more dumb laws, then perhaps that state may not pass that dumb law. If not passed, then sales stay static. If passed and they start the efforts to move and start showing economic impact to that state, maybe the dummies get voted out and the dumb law gets repealled, thus restoring sales. But companies cannot bluff in this game of gun control chicken.

Out

If a company can show its super serious, I mean really really serious that it will move if the state they reside in passes more dumb laws, then perhaps that state may not pass that dumb law. If not passed, then sales stay static. If passed and they start the efforts to move and start showing economic impact to that state, maybe the dummies get voted out and the dumb law gets repealled, thus restoring sales. But companies cannot bluff in this game of gun control chicken.

Out

I agree with you on principle, just not reality. Look at what happened with Magpul, and Colorado hasn't gone yet full blown stupid liberal as of yet (they're heading that way). Colorado still passed/signed their bill, so it didn't work. California continues to pass higher taxes and not every wealthy person has moved out of the State...hence why California still does the same thing. Why?...because that's what their voters want. Sad but true.

But, if a company actually stands tall and walks from said BS state, I am MUCH more likely to support them if given a choice of products. The point about a state that goes that way doesn't care is true, but I will reward such stand up behavior with my purchasing dollars.

• Upvote 2

But, if a company actually stands tall and walks from said BS state, I am MUCH more likely to support them if given a choice of products. The point about a state that goes that way doesn't care is true, but I will reward such stand up behavior with my purchasing dollars.

I fully agree...but I don't think Smith and Wesson is going take a hit by staying in Massachusetts and I will still buy their products when I see them as a good value. As for Magpul, I loved their products before and now I just love their products even more. But will enough people reward a company so much that it will make up the costs from moving vs not having moved? Tough to say, but in large companies, I don't think it will change much.

I just see people (not saying on here but other sites and FB gun people that I follow) making claims like 'I'll never again buy a Remington' because they ended up staying in New York...when it's BS, because I bet you down the line that most would still buy a Remington if they liked the firearm and got a good deal on it, and those folks will also still purchase firearms from other anti-gun States. If it makes people feel good to say that they'll never buy from a certain company again, that's fine...but I challenge to see what people actually do later on.

...also, let's put it this way...if Cheaper than Dirt had quality brass .223 for $.25/round, I have no doubts that a lot of the same people who said they would never purchase from their company ever again will probably change their minds, at least this one time.

Finally picked up my M&P-10 today, but unfortunately lost it in Lake Pontchartrain on the way home. Sad day.

Very nice (the part before the lake). Let me know what you 'thought' about it before you lost it. Mine should be in hopefully next week...which I'm sure will also get lost in the gulf as well.

Very nice (the part before the lake). Let me know what you 'thought' about it before you lost it. Mine should be in hopefully next week...which I'm sure will also get lost in the gulf as well.

It's very light. I swapped out the handgrips for MagPul medium length, but that was a bitch. I probably won't get to shoot it for a while, but I've heard the trigger is what leaves something to be desired.