Gun Talk

VL-16

And 'Howdy!' to Texas!

Is Texas the right choice? Aren't the demographics there changing rapidly with the hispanic influx? Yeah it's a firearms paradise now, but 20 years out, what will the policies be? Unless the GOP has a big change in message and tone to be more inclusive...

I wonder if, say, Wyoming might have been a better choice for Magpul. I mean it's right there, maybe 100 miles away and those demographics aren't budging...

Mother of god the stupidity is overwhelming.

And to think we are paying her to be this much of a moron. Even the dumbest butter bar knows to find out what the hell he's talking about before opening his mouth.

Texas demographics are changing due to influx of California's idiots and not the Hispanics, hell we own more guns than anyone else in Texas - we've already learned of the stupidity and futility of restrictive gun laws. Mexico has the toughest gun laws on the continent and the highest murder rate as well because criminals all know that they can do whatever they want and don't fear the sheeple.

From the White House's own website, an excerpt from Obama's speech:

Now, over the next couple of months, we’ve got a couple of issues: gun control. (Applause.) I just came from Denver, where the issue of gun violence is something that has haunted families for way too long, and it is possible for us to create common-sense gun safety measures that respect the traditions of gun ownership in this country and hunters and sportsmen, but also make sure that we don’t have another 20 children in a classroom gunned down by a semiautomatic weapon -- by a fully automatic weapon in that case, sadly.

So either the 'greatest of public speakers' misspoke, he doesn't understand the difference between semi-auto and full-auto, or he intentionally tried to mislead (ie lie) people about what happened in CT.

Given the buffoonery of the Colorado Congresswoman's remarks the other day concerning firearm magazines, I'm going to chalk it up to that he just doesn't understand what he's talking about...just like with healthcare, the economy, and on and on. However, it does get the same effect of trying to scare people that there are all these folks in the country with 'full automatic weapons'--give me a break.

Is Texas the right choice? Aren't the demographics there changing rapidly with the hispanic influx? Yeah it's a firearms paradise now, but 20 years out, what will the policies be? Unless the GOP has a big change in message and tone to be more inclusive...

I wonder if, say, Wyoming might have been a better choice for Magpul. I mean it's right there, maybe 100 miles away and those demographics aren't budging...

With Rick Perry (and hopefully Greg Abbott to follow) in the governor's mansion, chances are Texas will remain the conservative bastion it is despite the current shift in demographics for the near future. Plus, I think the trend will lost steam. I remember being stationed in Idaho in the mid-80s, there was a huge influx of Californians moving there and concerns they'd shift the political balance there. It apparently tapered off as the Gem State remains hardcore conservative.

Whereas I am sure Wyoming will remain staunchly pro-gun for the long term, I don't see there being much incentive for Magpul and/or Colt to move there even given the former's close proximity. Texas offers much better opportunities for both companies, and a more stable environment.

As for Obama, it doesn't surprise me. The man has an agenda, and doesn't care how much misinformation he passes as long to achieve it. It's pathetic.

• Upvote 1

Liberals resorting to fake gun groups to show support for gun control initiatives.

http://www.washingto...hunters-media-/

Unfortunately, not a new tactic. There was another one of these that existed in the 90s during the last big "guns are bad" political push, and was unmasked (unfortunately prior to the age of widespread internet, so it wasn't widely known). In 2005 there was one, too, called The American Hunters and Shooters Association:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Hunters_and_Shooters_Association

Unfortunately, not a new tactic. There was another one of these that existed in the 90s during the last big "guns are bad" political push, and was unmasked (unfortunately prior to the age of widespread internet, so it wasn't widely known). In 2005 there was one, too, called The American Hunters and Shooters Association:

http://en.wikipedia....ers_Association

Get a rope...

Colt Competition moving AR-15 manufacturing operations to Texas.

Link

The move by Colt Competition into Breckenridge comes as the CEO of Colt Manufacturing in Connecticut has said there will soon be few good answers to keep his company in the state. Connecticut passed some of the nation’s most restrictive gun laws this week.
Edited by HU&W
  • Upvote 3

As I understand, this isn't the entire Colt Company? I still of course support even a partial (subsidiary) move, but I'd really like to see the entire company GTFO of Connecticut. Along with all the other firearms manufacturers in anti-Rights States.

As I understand, this isn't the entire Colt Company? I still of course support even a partial (subsidiary) move, but I'd really like to see the entire company GTFO of Connecticut. Along with all the other firearms manufacturers in anti-Rights States.

Affirm. From what I understand, it's their subsidiary that produces the civilian versions of their rifles, especially the ones used for competitive shooting.

Edited to add: Link from googling.

Edited by HU&W
  • Upvote 1

Did they up the price? Or was the OR always $859?

That was the price when you posted it a couple weeks ago.

That's a bunch of crap...it was $757 on Bud's Police Supply 6-8 weeks ago, and that's when there was more of a 'scare'/higher prices for AR's. Are you going to tell me that prices have gone up compared to 2 months ago??

Grant it, with the rebate it's still a good deal (as it should be for the LE rate), but Bud's has been price gouging worse than most online retailers IMO.

Speaking of price gouging

http://www.quanticot...Series/DTOM.asp

Are those prices strictly for LE/Military?

And...

Smith & Wesson MP-15-22...with the threaded barrel/flash hider: $450

Not too bad of a price for this model if you're looking for one.

http://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1412&referrer=cnwr_4191340829622

Edited by HeloDude

Are those prices strictly for LE/Military?

Good question. The prices aren't very far off from their LE/Mil page, so I'm not sure if that's strictly military with the stamp or anyone. It may be their commercial sales.

They're not CTD, but they're certainly not Buds either.