Gun Talk

VL-16

I'm wondering how he ever zero'd it in. Don't tell me a SWAT officer is using a weapon he hasn't sighted in... :nob::banghead:

More like: "Stan and Bob! You guys put on these SWAT shirts...we gotta look like we know what we're doing--the Press is all over this!"

Palmetto State Armory has AR15 lower receivers in stock for $120 as of 1830h Eastern on Saturday. Not a terrible price considering the panic that still hasn't really subsided. Ordered two this afternoon.

Way overpriced man--like most of Bud's items since the scare began, much worse than other online firearms dealers. And this is coming from someone who has given Buds a lot of business in the past.

I was able to get these cans for $135 from Sportsmans Guide before the scare and even AimSurplus has had them for $170-180 the last 1-2 months. Obviously if you need/want the 5.45 go for it as it's in stock. Just trying to add some perspective.

AIM Surplus has 5.45 1080 rounds spam can for $190...about $25-30 higher than their prices this past summer. Not horrible but not great...but better than Buds.

$0.86 per round? Yikes.

Prvi Partisan 5.56 brass. $12 for a box of 20, so around $.60/round and it's currently in stock. Fortunately I'm well stocked up, but if I really needed some, I'd buy a little bit at this price. When I see brass .223 getting down to $.40-45 a round again, then I'll start to buy a little more.

Edit: Forgot to add that it's at PSA and I'm sure it won't last long

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ammunition/rifle-ammunition/223-5-56/prvi-partizan-5-56-m193-200rd.html

Edited by HeloDude

Prvi Partisan 5.56 brass. $12 for a box of 20, so around $.60/round and it's currently in stock. Fortunately I'm well stocked up, but if I really needed some, I'd buy a little bit at this price. When I see brass .223 getting down to $.40-45 a round again, then I'll start to buy a little more.

Edit: Forgot to add that it's at PSA and I'm sure it won't last long

http://palmettostate...m193-200rd.html

Out of Stock

Out of Stock

I'm sure they are!

Tell you what I'll do for you and the other guys (since I love you all so much...hey, it's ok now), leave me your credit card number, expiration date, and that little 3 digit number on the back...along with your full name and address and next time I'll order for you guys! Don't worry, I work for the government...so you can trust me, I'm here to help.

Oh, and just in case they ask, I'll need your SSN too!

Sen Dianne Feinstein concedes defeat as Sen Harry Reid withdraws assault weapons ban.

The best part about this is that she can offer the ban up as an amendment which will get an up/down vote...so you'll still be able to see who votes for/against it.

At this point, the only thing I see passing both chambers and getting signed into law are the proposals to strengthen laws against straw man purchases (which are already illegal) and similar proposals. I'm not so sure even a bill requiring 100% background checks on all purchases (ie restricting private sales without an FFL transfer) would pass both chambers, especially because the only way it would even somewhat work would be to have a national registry, which cannot pass.

I've still been noticing the steady decrease of price of various AR's...my bet is by the fall/end of the year the prices won't be too far off what they were this time last year. Ammo will probably take a little more time and I have a feeling we'll never see the exact same prices we saw at this time last year. When production catches up, a good deal for .223 brass will soon be $.35 a round.

At this point, the only thing I see passing both chambers and getting signed into law are the proposals to strengthen laws against straw man purchases (which are already illegal) and similar proposals. I'm not so sure even a bill requiring 100% background checks on all purchases (ie restricting private sales without an FFL transfer) would pass both chambers, especially because the only way it would even somewhat work would be to have a national registry, which cannot pass.

I think there's a real chance some kind of universal background check will pass since it's so popular and especially since the NRA said they won't oppose it if there's no registry. And I don't see why there needs to be a registry...run it exactly like background checks are run now, just require a FFL to make that phone call even for private sales. Seems like those dealers would be in favor since they can take a cut for the service. Exempt sales to direct family members or something like that. If you're qual'd to buy a gun from a dealer, you're cleared to buy one from Joe Blow on the internet via a FFL...win-win.

I've still been noticing the steady decrease of price of various AR's...my bet is by the fall/end of the year the prices won't be too far off what they were this time last year.

Let's hope...high prices aren't good for anyone but the manufactures who I'm sure have been pretty happy with sales for the last 6 months or so. Hope the good ones are taking some of that extra cash and investing in some cool new products to release in the next couple of years.

Edited by nsplayr

I think there's a real chance some kind of universal background check will pass since it's so popular and especially since the NRA said they won't oppose it if there's no registry. And I don't see why there needs to be a registry...run it exactly like background checks are run now, just require a FFL to make that phone call even for private sales. Seems like those dealers would be in favor since they can take a cut for the service. Exempt sales to direct family members or something like that. If you're qual'd to buy a gun from a dealer, you're cleared to buy one from Joe Blow on the internet via a FFL...win-win.

Let's hope...high prices aren't good for anyone but the manufactures who I'm sure have been pretty happy with sales for the last 6 months or so. Hope the good ones are taking some of that extra cash and investing in some cool new products to release in the next couple of years.

If they do that, I'd like to see a standardized price for FFL transfers. I've seen everything from free (military special deal in the Sheppard area) to $75. It would be nice if there was a set price of $15 or so for an FFL enabled transaction (internet or private). But then, I already like using an FFL for private transfers so it is recorded somewhere and there is a way to prove what you own (or lack of ownership).

How exactly do you propose enforcing the law? That's the problem no registry = no way to track, now two years from now the democrats will have a "brilliant awakening" that this law needs a registry to work and make the case that they absolutely need a registry.

If they do that, I'd like to see a standardized price for FFL transfers. I've seen everything from free (military special deal in the Sheppard area) to $75. It would be nice if there was a set price of $15 or so for an FFL enabled transaction (internet or private). But then, I already like using an FFL for private transfers so it is recorded somewhere and there is a way to prove what you own (or lack of ownership).

This. Yea, the variation in price is due to no regulation of that particular market and as a good liberal I'm definitely down for some additional regulation when it benefits the consumer and does little to nothing to hurt the business (the FFL gets paid for making a phone call...how much is that really costing him?).

It doesn't take a genius to figure out a system where licensed dealers give you a receipt of the transaction showing you sold firearm X to person Y on date Z, there is no need to create some kind of national database in my mind and if you design the system that way, I'm not sure why anyone would be particularly opposed to it.

Democrats in Congress should do that and move past all the silliness that's not going to pass anyways and just makes people irrationally angry...

Edited by nsplayr

I oppose it. What other "property" do I own, that I have to get government permission to transfer to someone else? It's an erosion of rights, and I oppose "universal background checks" for that and other reasons like: 1) estates? Do my heirs have to pass a check? 2) Exemptions: nsplayer said "exempt immediate family members" or some such bullsheet....if there's an exemption, then it's not UNIVERSAL. If it's not universal, then why the hell are we doing it? 3) Enforcement: do I have to keep some sort of paperwork now, for each weapon I own? Am I going to have to prove I didn't steal the weapon by producing some papers to some law enforcement official whenever he wants? C'mon--this is crap and just makes life onerous for LAW ABIDING CITIZENS. Criminals don't follow the law, and crazies don't care.

If the Dems can pass a law that criminals and crazies will FOLLOW, then I might change my mind. Until then, I will vote to reduce government encroachment on everyone's rights.

• Upvote 3

It doesn't take a genius to figure out a system where licensed dealers give you a receipt of the transaction showing you sold firearm X to person Y on date Z, there is no need to create some kind of national database in my mind and if you design the system that way, I'm not sure why anyone would be particularly opposed to it.

Well shit then I'm in trouble because I have no paperwork proving when and how I got my firearms, so what happens now when the police ask where I got it? Am I going to have to carry the receipt with me, when I carry the weapon?

I couldn't agree more with what Learjetter and Scared said. So let me get this straight...under your plan, I would have to carry a piece of paper with each firearm I have (ie similar to that of Class 3 Firearms...that are, by the way, nationally registered)? What would happen if I 'lose' such piece of paper?...if there is no national record of me purchasing the firearm, how would I get a replacement copy of the piece of paper? Would the ATF be able to come to the gun range and ask to see a copy of the transfer like they can with a Class 3 firearm? How would they ever be able to check the validity of the person with the FFL transfer form if they can't verify the original transfer through a national database? And what do you suggest for the 300 MILLION firearms already out there that necessarily do not have current paperwork? If somebody were to sell another person a firearm after the said legislation went into affect, both parties could just say that they did it before there was such a law. And if it only applies to to firearms purchased after the law goes into affect, then that is silly because again, there are 300 MILLION firearms out there...so why worry about just the new ones?

Now...to the Constitutional argument--I find what you propose as being extremely hypocritical (go figure). You said that requiring somebody to have an ID to vote infringes on the Right to vote...especially when it comes to the poor/minorities, but yet you have no problem making it illegal to own a firearm without an ID? Like others have said--there's no way to enforce such a law without randomly stopping to ask people to 'show their papers' or setting up sting operations to catch people in possible illegal private sales (news flash, criminals won't obey the law).

If the Dems want to pass a stupid law that says you can't do a private transfer at an actual gun show, then whatever--they can say they passed something to get rid of the supposed evil 'Gun Show Loophole'. None of this crap is going to make any difference...just like most laws the government passes.

• Upvote 1

Firearms instructor posts picture of his 11 year old son with his new .22 on facebook. Naturally his home gets raided by the police:

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/familys-home-raided-over-facebook-photo-of-childs-rifle.html

He should've followed M2s lead and "Lost all his firearms in an unfortunate boating accident."

No that's for when they actually come to confiscate such guns, otherwise telling them to shimmy up a cactus was the correct response.