Gun Talk

VL-16

Really? They have "clips"? Do you know WTF a clip is? Apparently not. They have plenty of Magazines in stock, but I did not see a single fucking clip for sale.

For all of you dumb fucks out there... learn:

Go fuck yourself shithead. I'm trying to help out and you shit down my throat over a fucking term? 30294516.jpg

Edited by Spartacus
  • Upvote 1

Well, I have a XD-45 Service (4") and a Mossberg Persuader, the latter being a pistol-gripped pump-action shottie loaded with 3" magnum 00-buckshot shells, which I think is a pretty good set-up for self-defense either at home or out and about...

IMG_2219.jpg

Cheers! M2

Noob question, but what kind of sight is that on your Persuader? I'm looking to get a Persuader for HD and wanted to see what people preferred for sight (bead/ghost/rifle).

Noob question, but what kind of sight is that on your Persuader? I'm looking to get a Persuader for HD and wanted to see what people preferred for sight (bead/ghost/rifle).

It's a laser. I'm personally not a fan of lasers on shotguns since the two have very different purposes. I like the shotgun/mounted flashlight combo (surefire) for night HD, especially with a paddle switch. For aimed shots, bead honestly works fine, but any type of sighting system from iron to red dot to holo is great too. Lots of options.

It's a laser. I'm personally not a fan of lasers on shotguns since the two have very different purposes. I like the shotgun/mounted flashlight combo (surefire) for night HD, especially with a paddle switch. For aimed shots, bead honestly works fine, but any type of sighting system from iron to red dot to holo is great too. Lots of options.

I'd have to go back to find it, but my dad sent me a link to a video where they used a pretty good laser sight on a shot gun. It was actually about 6-9 green lasers that showed about what the spread would be in a HD situation. He does a demo actually, and I plan on buying on for mine when I am stateside again. Pretty awesome actually. You saw the laser, and knew roughly the size of the hole you were about to make.

I'd have to go back to find it, but my dad sent me a link to a video where they used a pretty good laser sight on a shot gun. It was actually about 6-9 green lasers that showed about what the spread would be in a HD situation. He does a demo actually, and I plan on buying on for mine when I am stateside again. Pretty awesome actually. You saw the laser, and knew roughly the size of the hole you were about to make.

That's pretty much the idea behind the mounted flashlight. You have the dispersion of the main beam set to approximately the spread. It puts a nice bright circle on anything that will be getting lead. It also gives you some peripheral light for scanning and can be used to positively identify and blind the target.

Also, back on the second amendment for a moment, the following gun manufacturers and companies have announced that they will not sell any firearms to LE/Govt agencies in New York and any other state that restricts the 2nd amendment rights of its citizens.

• Upvote 1

Video of the shootout in the link...

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/21202112/wild-shootout-at-inkster-tax-business-caught-on-camera#.UR7t4pCsbbw.twitter

At 2:30 p.m. Thursday, even though a security vehicle was parked in the driveway, Bonnie and Clyde showed up to announce a holdup, but what they didn't know was they were about to get an AR-15 surprise.

The armed couple both had handguns. Surveillance video shows them being greeted at the door by the receptionist. The business owner was sitting in a chair against the wall. The bad guy pointed his gun at the receptionist's head. The security guard in the office pulled out an AR-15 rifle. After the shootout, the security guard lunged to the door.

"The security guard that was inside returned fire, two shots at the suspect. Did not hit him. The suspects then fled the location," said Inkster Police Detective Lieutenant Jeffrey Smith.

The couple ran off in different directions. Police do not believe the man or the woman were wounded.

Yep, just a cheap-o BSA laser but to be honest it works extremely well in conjunction with the 120 lumen SureFire 6P mounted up front. Combined I get a large, blinding light with a nice little red dot where the shot is going. Contrary to popular believe, the spread at 10-15 feet is not as broad as most people think. I am not a fan of lights on handguns, preferring a separate flashlight; but on the shottie I will make an exception. I've trained with this set-up and even with the cheap BSA laser I can be very effective with it.

And this is the LaserLyte Kryptonyte Center Mass shotgun laser, which projects nine laser dots: eight in a circular pattern with the final dot in the center of the ring. Actually, it isa single laser that is refracted and split into nine different beams.

Read the original article here: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2012/11/02/laserlyte-kryptonyte-center-mass-shotgun-laser/ . Make sure you visit GunsHolstersAndGear.com for all of the latest gun news, reviews and SHOT Show coverage.

The idea is to provide the shooter a visual representation of where the shot will strike. The farther away the target, the larger the circle. The approximate spread is 1″ per yard of distance. While not exact, this is a relatively decent approximation that has been taught to defensive shotgun shooters using traditional 00-buck loads in an 18″ barrel pump gun.

LaserLyte_Kryptonyte.jpg

LaserLyte_shotgun_laser.jpg

Nice, but not worth $255 (from Amazon, MSRP is $285) in my opinion.

Cheers! M2

I'm a big fan of C&R, which is one reason the gun hysteria isn't affecting me very much.

One rifle I'm interested in right now is a Gewehr 1888. It fires an 8mm Mauser round, but does not use the more modern spitzer slug. I've looked everywhere online, but I can't find anyone making it. Does anyone know anything about it? If I can't find rounds for one, I'll probably just stick with my Gew98s.

I went to Cabela's today, and they wanted $330 for a Turkish Mauser that looked like someone had used it as a wheel chock. I can remember when gun stores couldn't give them away for $50.

Butters, I've heard WWII combat vets use the term 'clips' for magazines, which is when I quit getting annoyed about it...

The reason for that is the M1, which is an air-cooled, gas-operated, clip-fed, semiautomatic shoulder assault weapon.

Since they made and issued more than a few of these weapons, the term stuck. I know it is stupid, but I think it will take me quite some time to quit getting annoyed by it.

220px-M1clip.jpg

Edited by Butters

The reason for that is the M1, which is an air-cooled, gas-operated, clip-fed, semiautomatic shoulder assault weapon.

Since they made and issued more than a few of these weapons, the term stuck. I know it is stupid, but I think it will take me quite some time to quit getting annoyed by it.

220px-M1clip.jpg

THIS IS MY WEAPON, THIS IS MY GUN! THIS ONE IS FOR FIGHTING, THIS ONE IS FOR FUN!

or...

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit. My rifle is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy.

What...just happened. I blacked out for a minute there.

• Upvote 1

220px-M1clip.jpg

You should really call http://www.gunclips.net/ and tell them that the name of their site is wrong and that they are dumb asses. The name of their site should be gunmagazines.net since they are clearly misleading the public. Here's their contact info to help you out:

By mail:

Gunclip Depot,Inc

22760 Shadygrove Cir

Wildomar CA 92595

Phone: 951-609-9740

8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Pacific time

Fax: 951-678-6230

Email us at:

Gunclips@verizon.net

I recommend that you give them your little lesson on gun clips because they clearly don't understand.

You should really call http://www.gunclips.net/ and tell them that the name of their site is wrong and that they are dumb asses. The name of their site should be gunmagazines.net since they are clearly misleading the public. Here's their contact info to help you out:

By mail:

Gunclip Depot,Inc

22760 Shadygrove Cir

Wildomar CA 92595

Phone: 951-609-9740

8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Pacific time

Fax: 951-678-6230

Email us at:

Gunclips@verizon.net

I recommend that you give them your little lesson on gun clips because they clearly don't understand.

someone-is-wrong-on-the-internet-300x300.jpg

True, but there were also a significant number of M1 Carbines and 1911's issued, among other weapons that use magazines. I see it as really more of a trivia thing than something to get upset about. Like the difference, as mentioned above, between the terms rifle and gun; a slightly less than interesting fact but not really important as long as you don't time travel back to Marine basic training in 1942.

• Upvote 1

There's a magazine on the Garand, too, it just happens to be fixed inside the stock receiver.

Fixed, since we're being all technical and shit. Next, an argument will break out over the term "assault."

Cheaper than Dirt won't sell to NY? I am very surprised by that, seeing as they are a leader in internet price increases and in my opinion, taking advantage of the situation to make as much money as they can. That is why I choose to shop elsewhere. Their choice in pricing, my choice in who I buy from.

True, but there were also a significant number of M1 Carbines and 1911's issued, among other weapons that use magazines. I see it as really more of a trivia thing than something to get upset about. Like the difference, as mentioned above, between the terms rifle and gun; a slightly less than interesting fact but not really important as long as you don't time travel back to Marine basic training in 1942.

Disagree!! It is important. This is not Vietnam, this is the Internet, there are rules. Spelling, grammar, and terms should and will be correct.

Fixed, since we're being all technical and shit. Next, an argument will break out over the term "assault."

Cheaper than Dirt won't sell to NY? I am very surprised by that, seeing as they are a leader in internet price increases and in my opinion, taking advantage of the situation to make as much money as they can. That is why I choose to shop elsewhere. Their choice in pricing, my choice in who I buy from.

Assault = scary. Any fule no that. Black with a pistol grip is much more dangerous than a home-like walnut .308.

And I agree regarding CTD.

I was really p.o.'d when they pulled their guns in the immediate wake of Newtown.

But now they are on the side of the Second Amendment?

Me thinks they can see which way the wind is very strongly blowing.

Nothing wrong with that, but their first move was very telling and insulting to me, so bye-bye.

This is almost more WTF than anything, but Washington State Bill calls for Sheriff inspections of the homes of Assault Weapon Owners

http://seattletimes....90J9Bo.facebook

Turn your house into a spooktacular haunted house with stuff popping out all over the place (picts of pelosi?), hand the keys to the cops, and wave them on in. You can sell video of that stuff on ebay.

Boo

• Upvote 2