Gun Talk

VL-16

Well, who'd have thought that 22 would be the first to go. I just checked every Walmart, Sportsmans Warehouse, and BX within 20 miles of my house and there's nothing. At each store, they all said that whenever they get any 22 in, people are buying it by the case. Crazy.

ETA: 9mm is also completely unavailable.

There is pretty much zero pistol ammo available in NW Florida. All .40, .380, and 9mm are completely gone...there's one small(ish) local store that somehow has boxes of it left and I've been going there regularly to stock up but I simple cant believe how quickly this is all flying off the shelf

Brought a smile to my day:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/23/gun-show-bans-products-targeted-by-left

Reed Exhibition is a British company currently organizing and promoting one of America's largest outdoor shows called the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show (ESOS). This show attracts over a 1000 businesses large and small, with over 200,000 in attendance.

This year the company has announced they are banning “certain products,” including any “black rifle,” high capacity magazines, or assault-style guns from the show - whether they’re legal or not. It’s particularly troubling in light of the fact that Reed Exhibition profits so willingly on the back of gun owners and our Second Amendment.

Just how important is The Constitution in your everyday life? Here’s a hint: You wouldn’t have an everyday life without it. While stories of men banding together at Valley Forge or Omaha Beach sound ancient, the tentacles of an oppressive government have slithered into our present-day lives and a stand against tyranny is being made as we speak, right here in the heart of America.

As the Obama Administration busies itself not letting the Newtown tragedy “crisis” go to waste and launching a campaign against law-abiding gun owners; our founding document is being steadfastly reinforced by a coalition of patriots, many putting their self-interests, finances and family’s well-being on the line.

The decision by Reed Exhibitions to ban modern sporting rifles, their documentation, any pictures or even brochures of these “products that in the current climate may attract negative attention” (Reed’s words) has caused a maelstrom of outrage. A boycott of sponsors, vendors and the NRA has grown quickly, and now virtually no major gun manufacturers will be exhibiting or participating in this year’s show, scheduled for February 2-10.

Incredibly, the owners of many smaller companies, even mom-and-pop enterprises in the industry have joined the boycott, many of whom rely on these events - and this show in particular - to drive the lion’s share of their business for the entire year. I’ve spoken with numerous vendors who are literally risking financial ruin by drawing this line in the sand, but they’re locked in solidarity against this spineless and knee-jerk reaction.

That’s what they would do for their country. I applaud it, and now we need the people, the attendees, the sportsmen and customers to make a stand as well.

EPILOGUE:

A 'Virtual Sports Show' has been set up and goes live on February 2nd - the same day as the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show. This will allow companies choosing to opt out of the exhibition in support of our rights under the second amendment can still connect with customers wishing to support them and purchase their products and services.

The virtual show is being organized by and located at www.MyNortheastClassifieds.com. Any vendor who has pulled out of the ESOS will be offered a marketplace free of charge to sell their products and defray some of their costs and money lost in this venture.

That professor seems to be a bit out of touch...

If you can say a part of the Constitution is "no longer relevant in today's society" then doesn't the idea and purpose of the Constitution suddenly disappear?! What a hack...good on everyone of those guys that showed up and said what they did.

Update to what I posted yesterday about the PA gun show:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/nra-boycott-kills-outdoors-show-that-banned-assault-weapons/article/2519579#.UQFiKr_AexV

A massive boycott backed by the NRA and outdoorsmen and women outraged that the nation's largest outdoors show banned the exhibition of assault weapons has caused the show's organizers to abruptly cancel the week-long event in Harrisburg, Pa.
  • Upvote 1

Saw this on Reddit, don't know if it's legit, but it's a doozy if it is.

I have full faith that it will get laughed out of the House and/or Senate, but seriously, this lady is out of control.

D8AGdjg.jpg

Saw the same list on numerous other sites today. Can't believe how many 22's are on that list. I guess that whoever is running this witch hunt cares only about appearance, not effectiveness.

Saw the same list on numerous other sites today. Can't believe how many 22's are on that list. I guess that whoever is running this witch hunt cares only about appearance, not effectiveness.

Remember its not about functionality, because liberals don't know anything about guns, they just want scary looking guns because it is a quick kill with their rocks for brains base, then they can get on to banning all guns later. Since we are talking about scary looking things when is someone going to introduce a bill banning her from appearing on TV, looking at her is quite scary.

• Upvote 1

I guess that whoever is running this witch hunt cares only about appearance, not effectiveness.

That is EXACTLY what is happening, both past and present. Basically every single defining piece of "assault weapon" is from looks. If it LOOKS scary, then it's an assault weapon. They have no idea what the actual functions are.

Do you guys remember this interview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPrHl_6bO4&sns=em

• Upvote 2

Great source. Spread the fear!!!

Like you said, a new AWB is 100% not gonna get through Congress, so can we agree to tamp down the fear just a little bit so firearm and ammo availability/prices can slowly, someday, fall back to something resembling reasonable?

Like you said, a new AWB is 100% not gonna get through Congress, so can we agree to tamp down the fear just a little bit so firearm and ammo availability/prices can slowly, someday, fall back to something resembling reasonable?

You voted for these people...you reap what you sew.

I don't think it is fear mongering if the info is correct. Here's a more legitimate source than reddit. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see the same list straight from the senator's mouth.

• Upvote 2

I have full faith that it will get laughed out of the House and/or Senate, but seriously, this lady is out of control.

D8AGdjg.jpg

Mini 14? BANNED!

Good thing my full sized M1A isn't though, I was starting to get worried. Double irony that it totally looks like an assault rifle too (sans black paint).

2012-04-06_19-00-12_646.jpg

Edited by StoleIt

I don't think it is fear mongering if the info is correct. Here's a more legitimate source than reddit. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see the same list straight from the senator's mouth.

Thank you, that is a significantly better source. Citing reddit just made me lol a little bit, as well as the whole "not sure if this is true, but I'm sharing anyways!" attitude.

I'm pretty sure I agree with almost everyone here that this bill is ridiculous but what I also think is that it's na-gu, na-gu, not gonna pass, so my level of fear about the whole thing is near zero. If other people started to catch on to that attitude then maybe I could find some damn ammo again.

Edited by nsplayr

Thank you, that is a significantly better source. Citing reddit just made me lol a little bit, as well as the whole "not sure if this is true, but I'm sharing anyways!" attitude.

I'm pretty sure I agree with almost everyone here that this bill is ridiculous but what I also think is that it's na-gu, na-gu, not gonna pass, so my level of fear about the whole thing is near zero. If other people started to catch on to that attitude then maybe I could find some damn ammo again.

Funny how the list I posted is the exact same thing on her website.

Don't you quote wiki daily?

That is EXACTLY what is happening, both past and present. Basically every single defining piece of "assault weapon" is from looks. If it LOOKS scary, then it's an assault weapon. They have no idea what the actual functions are.

Do you guys remember this interview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSPrHl_6bO4&sns=em

barrel+shroud.jpg

Edited by Vno
  • Upvote 2

Funny how the list I posted is the exact same thing on her website.

So all you had to do to greatly strengthen your argument, which I agree with BTW, was a 6-9 second google search to find something, anything with a little more cred than reddit, yet you failed to do so? Got it.

Don't you quote wiki daily?

Do I? Can't say I remember that, feel free to show me where.

Edited by nsplayr

Or you should have voted differently if it means that much to you. The man you idolize in the WH is who/what is generating all the fear. If this was 2005, I don't think people would be too concerned.

How does it taste?

Or you should have voted differently if it means that much to you. The man you idolize in the WH is who/what is generating all the fear. If this was 2005, I don't think people would be too concerned. How does it taste?

So you're saying I should have changed my vote for a person who I agree with politically and policy-wise on most issues, because of this one issue (high prices/low supply of guns and ammo)? Changed my vote to Mitt Romney because gee, now it's frustrating to try to find 9mm ammo? Really? Do you swing your vote because of one issue from someone you agree with the vast majority of the time to someone you totally disagree with except on that one issue? I doubt it.

Dude, I'm perfectly willing to accept a 90% solution, I would advise that conservatives learn to do the same once again.

And you're right, Obama has been the country's leading gun salesman, 5 years running. He should get an industry award or something. I'm sure that the manufactures and distributors, in the strict pocketbook sense, were fairly pleased with his reelection because it (along with, ya know, numerous mass shootings and the reactions to them) have been driving sales through the f-ing roof.

Edited by nsplayr