Gun Talk

VL-16

I like to think I would fight to keep this right. It's scary to think that we might have to actually fight our own government to keep our firearms. I have some friends in Oz who ended up giving up their guns because they didn't want to physically fight (kill or be killed) to keep the right and now regret it.

But, if they passed an outright ban in the USA, could you shoot the local police officer (who is your neighbor or friend) when he/she comes to confiscate it? Again, I'd like to think I could, and defend the constitution and our God given right but that would be tough to do if it came down to it. I'm afraid too many would just turn them in like they did in OZ and England instead of fight.

I've talked to alot of law enforcement officers that said they wouldn't enforce a ban. Most because they didn't believe in it, and a couple because they figured they would get killed in the process.

Guest AceTomatoCo
Hell, the Brits and Aussies need to bring those guns over here and sell them! Maybe that'll drive down the panic prices we've been seeing since last month's election!

If they don't want 'em, I'll buy 'em!

Cheers! M2

Went to the big monthly gun show here in San Antonio. Wasn't expecting much as Saturdays are when the hords hit and all the good deals get lapped up. But, was out wheeling with the Jeep club yesterday, so we couldn't make it until today. Got there early, and the place was vacant; about one-third of the vendors weren't there at opening. I guess the good people were at church! Still, walked around just to see what was there. Most assault rifles were overpriced, the Yugo underfold I bought a year ago is now 50% more. Even crappy Romanian WASR-10s, which were running $300-350 a few months ago were close to $700! And people were snagging them left and right. It was pathetic. The dealers are capitalizing on Obama fears, and I lost count of the number of times I heard them pitching how much prices were gonna go up in January. It's BS profiteering, and I am not falling for it.

But, I was contemplating another Springfield 1911, this time a Mil-Spec in stainless steel, to round out my collection. I have a black stainless Loaded Target, a Lightweight Operator in Armory Coat, a Parkerized GI, and felt a stainless would go well with that crowd. Unfortunately, all I could find was another Loaded with combat sights (but not night sights). It was sweet looking, so I grabbed it...

IMG_2407.jpg

And here's the gang of four...

IMG_2402.jpg

Sorry for the crap pictures but they were quickly taken before the wife dragged us all out grocery shopping. I haven't even broken it down and cleaned out the excess oil; but I hope I can get out to the range this week and shoot 'em all.

A word of caution, having open spaces in your gun safe will drive you to purchases like this. That, and a wife that gives you the 'cleared hot' everytime you ask about buying a new gun (God bless her!). But that's it for a while, prices are too crazy and I think I am going to focus on storing up some ammo just in case there are more taxes imposed on it. However, I did see a nice Webley 455 chambered in .45 Colt that was only $500... :thumbsup:

Cheers! M2

Guest AceTomatoCo

Well since M2 got us started with showing off new toys.

The local gun show was good to me as well.

post-4065-1228756184_thumb.jpg

post-4065-1228756179_thumb.jpg

post-4065-1228756175_thumb.jpg

post-4065-1228756171_thumb.jpg

Luckily I have these now for when the wife throws me out of the house when she sees the credit card bill. :thumbsup:

Day-yum! An early Christmas at the Tomato Company!

I was lucky to bring home two 1911s from the same show, if I showed up with this haul I would definitely be out on my ass! I hope you survive the spousal backlash!

Cheers! M2

Guest AceTomatoCo
Day-yum! An early Christmas at the Tomato Company!

I was lucky to bring home two 1911s from the same show, if I showed up with this haul I would definitely be out on my ass! I hope you survive the spousal backlash!

Cheers! M2

I might survive I sent her away for the weekend with her friends so I would have time to hide most of it :rock: but she'll be fine just have to show her one at a time instead of "hey babe look at my haul"

==========================================================

On a different note

Anyone seen the new Springfield Ad?

post-4065-1228759599_thumb.jpg

Edited by AceTomatoCo

Toasty

Nice! My XD45 is my favorite carry gun! Once you get used to the trigger (most new righthand XD shooters will shoot low and to the left), you can get nice, tight little groups with it!

Cheers! M2

Toasty

Nice! My XD45 is my favorite carry gun! Once you get used to the trigger (most new righthand XD shooters will shoot low and to the left), you can get nice, tight little groups with it!

Cheers! M2

A whole page on new gun purchases and this is what jumps out at me...

Anyhow... looks like some nice new toys for everyone's collections... I'm looking to add before Christmas. It's amazing that I came in "under budget" on my Christmas shopping with some surplus money for guns.

It's due to the trigger safety. Once you get used to it, and don't anticipate it (which doesn't take long); it is quite easy to get very tight groups.

The XD has little recoil for a .45 (at least the Service model, I expect the Tactical is even less) and the 1911-style grip angle and narrow (for a double-stack) grip make it a very comfortable handgun. For me it felt natural from the get-go...

Oh, and no commission from Springfield (although it would be nice to get some free stuff if they'd send it!); and I even get hassled for not buying anything but Springfield 1911s; but I have had nothing but great experiences with Springfields and their customer service is unparalleled. And I like to try and steer buds to the best guns their money can buy, and it is great hearing when someone is very pleased with their new pistol. I was grateful to have a bud steer me towards the XD (actually, he wanted one really bad but I got one first), and I just want to 'pass it on'...

Actually, there are a lot of 'gun nuts' where I work (not surprisingly, considering this is Texas) and some kid me about not trying other brands. I know there are a lot of sweet pistols out there, but I am the kind of guy who when he finds something that works, he sticks with it!

Cheers! M2

Toasty

Cheers! M2

I thought it was wonderful to shoot! Single action without a thumb safety...ya can't screw it up when you really need it.

A question for the crowd. I know this thread has gotten some good milage.

I was wondering if there were any baseops.net fans who have taken the plunge and filed the paperwork for a short barreled rifle or shotgun?

I am going to go get my stripped AR-15 lower reciever engraved with the proper markings this weekend. I think I might toss some updates on the board and show some folks the wonderful world of NFA (national firearms act of 1934) firearms.

-Pitt

Guest AceTomatoCo

I was wondering if there were any baseops.net fans who have taken the plunge and filed the paperwork for a short barreled rifle or shotgun?

I am going to go get my stripped AR-15 lower reciever engraved with the proper markings this weekend. I think I might toss some updates on the board and show some folks the wonderful world of NFA (national firearms act of 1934) firearms.

-Pitt

Well technically short AR's are pistols and are registered as such so the paperwork is the same as buying any pistol.

Mileage varies however by state on those rules.

Well technically short AR's are pistols and are registered as such so the paperwork is the same as buying any pistol.

Mileage varies however by state on those rules.

What I am looking at is a AR-15 with a buttstock and barrel less than 16 inches. An AR-15 pistol is built on a lower reciever marked from the factory for use as a pistol only (no stock, just a bare buffer tube). I have been doing some homework on this, and basically want one "just becuase I can"

There is a lot more paperwork involved with a SBR though:

File a ATF Form 1

Complete a FBI Fingerprint file with a local le agency

$200 tax stamp check

ATF citizenship verification form

It's a little more upfront, but if you are into the hobby...it can be worth your time.

Pitt

Are you talking about something like this?

k23pa3.jpg

If so, you'll wanna check out this web site: Federal Firearms Laws

Cheers! M2

Nope, that is an AR-15 pistol. You can tell since the buffer tube is bare, it does not have a stock attached to it. The finer points of federal firearms laws can get nasuating

Follow this link

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&...288&page=37

There are some prime examples of what I am talking about.... I just hope this project doesn't turn into my money pit....I would love to have an AR-15 with a 12in .223 upper and a 7in 9mm upper with a surpressor.

It sounds like I am the only one here that may have experience on this, I will make sure to post as this goes on

Guest soflguy
Nope, that is an AR-15 pistol. You can tell since the buffer tube is bare, it does not have a stock attached to it. The finer points of federal firearms laws can get nasuating

Follow this link

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&...288&page=37

There are some prime examples of what I am talking about.... I just hope this project doesn't turn into my money pit....I would love to have an AR-15 with a 12in .223 upper and a 7in 9mm upper with a surpressor.

It sounds like I am the only one here that may have experience on this, I will make sure to post as this goes on

Do you already have all your class 3 stuff done? If not, may I suggest starting a corporation to do it through (sts). It makes the process MUCH quicker and easier. The only downfall is that the gun has to stay in the same state as the corporation is registered. So, if that's not an issue to you anyways, that might help make it simpler.

:M16:

-Pitt

I have done this for an AR and a couple HKs. I'm getting my Arsenal SLR107UR done next... PM me for more info.

BF