Gun Talk

VL-16

He didn't have 1300 rounds of ammo.

http://usnews.nbcnew...nds-police?lite

Listen to what she says in the news conference:

"If all of the magazines that we collected were in fact loaded fully, something on the order of about 1,300 rounds, and that's an estimation".

She is doing math based on the number of mags they collected, NOT the actual tally of cartridges. The news media ran with the ball after COMPLETELY misunderstanding what she said, and -- weird -- the police never bothered to correct the errant reports.

Anyone who has had a 500-round case of .223 ammo delivered to their house knows it is just not in any way realistic to carry around 1,300 rounds, regardless of if they're in magazines or not.

Edited by Hacker
  • Upvote 1

Scottsdale Gun Club is having a US Palm blowout sale, I was able to pick up an AK Attack Rack I've been wanting for about half to a third of what it originally cost...

img_0225b_resized.jpg

(Note that not all colors shown in this pic are are available, and black is available but not shown)

For anyone running a Kalashnikov, this is one of the best racks available. It is also available in a lefthand version for you Southpaws out there.

Note this is the first version, US Palm redesigned it to accept a Level IIIA soft armor panel chest plate. It is on sale as well, but only in Khaki...

us_palm_akarv2_b_1.jpg

They do have other versions, to include a multi-platform one as well as ones with plates installed; but they are not on sale.

Still, SCG has some of the best prices I could find, so they're definitely worth checking out!

Cheers! M2

Stuff is slowly coming back to normal here. Picked up an AR-15 stripped lower for $95 at an LGS, they had a sale going on Palmetto lower parts kits $119 when bought with a stripped lower, so i grabbed that too. They also had windowed and non windowed PMAGs in stock and on sale, got 5 windowed ones for $19.99 each. So I walked out with all that for $337 after tax. For anyone at Moody or in the area this was at T3 outdoors on inner perimeter.

P.S. Really looking forward to my boating trip this weekend!

Edited by bronxbomber252

That Archangel stock is pretty cool, I might just drag up one of my Mosins from the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico to modernize it like that...

archangel-mosin-3.jpg

Of course, once it's all done, it'll have to go back to sleeping with the fishes like the rest of my collection!

Cheers! M2

I just finished mine. I think it came out great. Hoping to take it out to the range next weekend, so we'll see how she shoots. Should be a fun shooter at .20 cents/round.

atvnyh.jpg

35bib05.jpg

• Upvote 1

CH!! Good to see you posting on here again man!

As for the Cali bill...I hope they pass more of them, honestly I do. That will then get more attention of the courts and also possibly help more people realize that they need to move the fvck out of CA. I don't care how nice the State is (ie the beaches, vineyards, parks, etc), it's not worth losing more of your Liberties over it, not to mention the taxes and cost of living is through the roof. Folks need to start voting with their feet.

As for the Cali bill...I hope they pass more of them, honestly I do. That will then get more attention of the courts and also possibly help more people realize that they need to move the fvck out of CA. I don't care how nice the State is (ie the beaches, vineyards, parks, etc), it's not worth losing more of your Liberties over it, not to mention the taxes and cost of living is through the roof. Folks need to start voting with their feet.

Some of them did. Now CO has a mag limit.

Those weren't the people who were 'voting with their feet' because of increased taxes and regulations. A lot of those people have moved to places like Texas.

Here's how it works--the Dem party of Colorado is fairly liberal, so when they're in power, they're going to do fairly liberal things (hence the gun control). The Dem Party of Arkansas is not that liberal, so when they're in charge, they don't do too many things that are considered too liberal. Same works for the GOP.

So when the Dems took back power in Colorado, largely due to the increase of Hispanics and somewhat due to people fleeing from places like California, the liberals took over, and there you have it--more liberal of a State government. Hell, Gov Christie is a Republican and he's ready to sign even more gun control laws in NJ.

BL: If you like your guns, move to a more Conservative/Libertarian State...and one that will most likely stay that way for the next 30+ years.

For those still waiting for that special AR-15, PSA has a pretty good deal going on right now: One of their AR-15's with an Aimpoint PRO for $1K. Their AR's have a 1 in 7'' twist and get pretty solid reviews and an Aimpoint PRO at a good price is going to run at least around $400 unless you find a good sale, so in the end, you're getting a $600 AR.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/13834/s/psa-16-m4-premium-patrol-carbine-package/

For those still waiting for that special AR-15, PSA has a pretty good deal going on right now: One of their AR-15's with an Aimpoint PRO for $1K. Their AR's have a 1 in 7'' twist and get pretty solid reviews and an Aimpoint PRO at a good price is going to run at least around $400 unless you find a good sale, so in the end, you're getting a $600 AR. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/13834/s/psa-16-m4-premium-patrol-carbine-package/

Nice find. I'm in for one.

Haven't been here in a bit but thought I'd let some of you know that we're trying to kick these gun grabbers out:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/politics/recall-petition-for-state-senator-angela-giron-deemed-sufficient-by-secretary-of-state

http://www.redstate.com/2013/06/18/morse-recall-supporters-clear-major-hurdle-in-colorado-recall-effort/

I helped with the Morse recall even though I'm in District 9 (near USAFA). First time ever being 'political.' I was just a foot soldier gathering petitions a few weekends but glad we pulled it off. Now I just hope we put up a strong candidate to finally remove him for good.

Nice find. I'm in for one.

Good deal man--let us know what you think when you get it.

In other news, it appears that the S&W Nation's Finest Rebate folks will give you another rebate on an additional AR. I bought an Optics Ready AR last fall and got the rebate and just today received another rebate check for the 2nd AR I bought earlier this year.

And I finally took the Waffen Werks AK-74 out this weekend and wow--it is a pleasure to shoot. I was strapped for time and didn't put more than 100 rounds through it but my initial assessment is that it will probably be a good shooter.