AK Bayonet

M2

Guest LtLoad

I don't know whats up with all you AK-wielding-pinko-commie types.

This is next for me - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1A_rifle

I also have an AR-15, which I am about ready to get rid of.

Can anybody recommend a fair forum to sell it at?

Jumper - Forgive my ignorance, whats the whole in the butt of your gun for? To reduce weight? Or does it serve another purpose?

Edited by LtLoad

Load

To quote Ordell Robbie, "AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes!"

Seriously, as much as I like the AR, I have always preferred the AK. Personal choice, nothing more. That M1A is a fine choice, Springfield makes some excellent firearms.

As for places to sell, Gunbroker.com or GunsAmerica.com are two possibilities.

Cheers! M2

Guest LtLoad
Load

To quote Ordell Robbie, "AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother######er in the room, accept no substitutes!"

Seriously, as much as I like the AR, I have always preferred the AK. Personal choice, nothing more. That M1A is a fine choice, Springfield makes some excellent firearms.

As for places to sell, Gunbroker.com or GunsAmerica.com are two possibilities.

Cheers! M2

ha thats a good quote. I'm full of it anyways. I shot one a bit back and my AR-15 felt like a toy compared to that thing. A very neat rifle. Kind of scary too, very easy to operate.

Never looked online. Should I go for a private seller or through a dealer?

Load

I have never sold a weapon online, but if I did I would probably go through a dealer. For one, if it is interstate you will need Federal Firearms License holders involved. They ensure the buyer is eligible to receive the weapon in the state he/she lives. Individuals can get FFLs through the ATF's Federal Firearms Licensing Center, they aren't expensive for collectors ($30) but the paperwork involved looks to be a nightmare, and probably not worth the effort unless you are going to buy/sell often. A FFL transfer fee is usually ~$25, but it saves you ass from inadvertantly breaking the law. I saw a guy at a local gun shop try to pick up a weapon he had delivered there, but he didn't have the proper documentation for his status (he was a legal immigrant) and the dealer did not allow him to take the weapon until he did. The guy was real friendly about it, but he did the right thing.

You could try taking it to a local gun show and try selling it face-to-face to someone, I see that all the time here. People just walk around carrying the weapon, sometimes they will have a small banner or something showing it is for sale but sometimes people just walk up and ask if there isn't any indication is for sale. But I would advise brushing up on the local laws where you are to make sure you do that legally. Having a CHL makes it much easier here, if you are qualified to carry you are qualified to buy, since the criteria for the former is a lot more stringent than the latter. I strongly suspect the organizers of the show would help out, or the police officer that work it.

Hope that helps!

Cheers! M2

load - your thumb goes through the hole, fwd of the hole is the pistol grip. Exactly what that purpose of stock serves, I have no idea. It's just nice to have something I can abuse, not clean, do whatever to, and know it'll fire every time I might need it to, no matter what.