AFOQT details

Guest iloveflying333

Did AFOQT scoring recently change? I went through and re-checked on the website and my scores are definitely different than they used to be... e.g. my Nav went from 88 to 97.

They converted older Form S scores to the new Form T.  My pilot went up, Nav went down...  Who the hell knows what sort of algorithm they used.  http://access.afpc.af.mil/pcsmdmz/faq2_0.html#ONE

• 2 months later...

I have my first shot at the test in a couple weeks and am interested if anyone has info on the new T version of the test. All of my guides are old S version. 

Any info for the leadership senario section ect...? 

Thanks 

On February 1, 2016 at 3:33 PM, EMB145 said:

I have my first shot at the test in a couple weeks and am interested if anyone has info on the new T version of the test. All of my guides are old S version. 

Any info for the leadership senario section ect...? 

Thanks 

There's no more hidden figures. The Leadership Scenario, I am not sure I have any advice, because I don't know what the right answers are. Felt like choosing between multiple bad options, and deciding which one was better. Try to align your answers with what you think the AF would want from their leaders I suppose is the obvious answer. Hope this helps...Good Luck!

• 1 month later...

Minimum scores?

I've been informally selected (only one other person who is still finishing his bachelors applied) for a Nav/CSO spot pending my AFOQT scores.  I was told that I just need to make the minimum scores on the NAV portion.  I've taken the AFOQT recently and scores should be in next week and I'm crazy nervous. So, what exactly are the minimums?  I've seen min: NAV-25 and PILOT-10, totaling 35 but also minimum 50 combined on those two sections.  

I didn't take it aiming low and I felt good during but whatever my scores are I'd just like to know that I'm good to go but meeting the requirements.

thanks

• 10 months later...
On 2/17/2009 at 10:47 PM, Guest longhorns9819 said:

I have been doing alot of reading on this site and have not found anyone talking about an AFOQT score waiver. So I am asking. I am in AFROTC and had an afoqt score waiver for verbal. I am doing great in the program, but the word is now that I can not even go up for a rated slot because of the waiver. Is their anything I can do or even anything that can be done? Is there a waiver for a waiver?

Thanks

Just wondering what requirements they looked at for getting that waived. Are you currently an officer now?

• 3 months later...
On 4/30/2014 at 4:09 PM, donkey said:

This. But to specifically answer your question, the Pilot composite score is comprised of the following sub-sections:

• Arithmetic Reasoning
  • Math Knowledge
  • Instrument Comprehension
  • Table Reading
  • Aviation Information

Source

Good luck.

Are these 5 sub-sections still the ones used to generate the pilot composite score? The powerpoint slide located at http://access.afpc.af.mil/pcsmdmz/Form T.HTML says otherwise. It indicates that Arithmetic Reasoning is not a part of the pilot composite score. See the attached screenshot. Thoughts anyone? 

afoqt chart.png

17 hours ago, John3806 said:

Are these 5 sub-sections still the ones used to generate the pilot composite score? The powerpoint slide located at http://access.afpc.af.mil/pcsmdmz/Form T.HTML says otherwise. It indicates that Arithmetic Reasoning is not a part of the pilot composite score. See the attached screenshot. Thoughts anyone? 

afoqt chart.png

The link and associated table is correct. Pilot score is MK, TR, IC, and AI. AFPC info is up to date on AFOQT/TBAS, and honestly a source you should definitely use. My personal advice to you is that you should still study AR, but more importantly you need to know that the time on instrument comprehension has been reduced from 6 minutes (Form S) to 5 minutes (Form T), but the pictures are much clearer now (and we don't have to walk to school uphill both ways in the snow). Again, use the link you posted. Also, you cannot use any form of straight edge on table reading. You can use 1 pointer finger, but cannot place it flat against the sheet with the table. Time yourself multiple times until you can definitely handle the time constraint. For Pilot/Nav/AA/Verb/Quant I got 99/92/95/77/99. Hope that helps, and good luck!

4 hours ago, tk1313 said:

For Pilot/Nav/AA/Verb/Quant I got 99/92/95/77/99.

Did you purposefully get a 77 verbal to look good on pilot boards :airforce:

On 5/10/2017 at 8:21 AM, tk1313 said:

The link and associated table is correct. Pilot score is MK, TR, IC, and AI. AFPC info is up to date on AFOQT/TBAS, and honestly a source you should definitely use. My personal advice to you is that you should still study AR, but more importantly you need to know that the time on instrument comprehension has been reduced from 6 minutes (Form S) to 5 minutes (Form T), but the pictures are much clearer now (and we don't have to walk to school uphill both ways in the snow). Again, use the link you posted. Also, you cannot use any form of straight edge on table reading. You can use 1 pointer finger, but cannot place it flat against the sheet with the table. Time yourself multiple times until you can definitely handle the time constraint. For Pilot/Nav/AA/Verb/Quant I got 99/92/95/77/99. Hope that helps, and good luck!

When did this change and no longer include AR? Every 3rd party study guide and AFOQT resource I can find (aside from the link in my original post) says that AR is part of the pilot score. Obviously I am going to study AR either way but I'm just confused as to why the information out there isn't consistent.

10 minutes ago, John3806 said:

When did this change and no longer include AR? Every 3rd party study guide and AFOQT resource I can find (aside from the link in my original post) says that AR is part of the pilot score. Obviously I am going to study AR either way but I'm just confused as to why the information out there isn't consistent.

A large portion of the resources online and almost all of the good study guides are holdovers from the Form S, since Form T is fairly new and doesn't have very many significant changes. I think there may be 1 Form T AFOQT study guide book out there, but I've been told it's not any better than the Form S books. The only Form T study material I used was the afpc website. All the other resources I used were tailored to Form S. Whenever you find a location to take your AFOQT, just contact the people in charge of administering the test, and they'll be able to confirm that AR is no longer part of the pilot score (I did that as well just to be sure).

Edited by tk1313

2 minutes ago, tk1313 said:

A large portion of the resources online and almost all of the good study guides are holdovers from the Form S, since Form T is fairly new and doesn't have very many significant changes. I think there may be 1 Form T AFOQT study guide book out there, but I've been told it's not any better than the Form S books. The only Form T study material I used was the afpc website. All the other resources I used were tailored to Form S. Whenever you find a location to take your AFOQT, just contact the people in charge of administering the test, and they'll be able to confirm that AR is no longer part of the pilot score (I did that as well just to be sure).

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I will reach out to my testing center to confirm. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello all. I'm in the unusual position of retaking the AFOQT, 14 years after my first testing and 11.5 years after commissioning. Apparently my scores "didn't transfer over" and/or were invalidated with the format change a few years ago. ISO general tips, lessons learned, or mst-have study guide recs. The first time around I did well on the academic measures, decent on Nav (93) and not great on Pilot (79); at the time I knew almost nothing about flying and wasn't going for a Pilot slot. Hoping I can bring up my P score at least by virtue of nearly 10 years as a Nav plus a PPL and some private instrument training. Any advice appreciated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splash95 said:

Hello all. I'm in the unusual position of retaking the AFOQT, 14 years after my first testing and 11.5 years after commissioning. Apparently my scores "didn't transfer over" and/or were invalidated with the format change a few years ago. ISO general tips, lessons learned, or mst-have study guide recs. The first time around I did well on the academic measures, decent on Nav (93) and not great on Pilot (79); at the time I knew almost nothing about flying and wasn't going for a Pilot slot. Hoping I can bring up my P score at least by virtue of nearly 10 years as a Nav plus a PPL and some private instrument training. Any advice appreciated!

Splash, with your quals you've probably got a pretty good baseline.  Maybe try the FAA's PHAK for a general refresher:  https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/phak/

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

The full form of AFOQT Air Force Officer Qualifying Test is a standardized test similar to the SAT and ACT. It measures aptitudes. AFOQT is used to select applicants for officer commissioning programs, such as Officer Training School (OTS) or Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (Air Force ROTC). It is also used for selection into specific training programs such as pilot and navigator training. The AFOQT is a required test for all cadets and students on scholarship or in the POC.

In practice, all users of the AFOQT involve a prediction. By measuring the aptitudes of applicants prior to selection, the AFOQT contributes substantial information for making personnel decisions. The AFOQT assesses aptitudes required of student pilots, navigators, students in technical training and officers in general.

I know there are many varieties of AFOQT Books available in the market for one to learn AFOQT for both beginners and advanced learners. But the most popular one or the one that has the largest number of users in my country is AFOQT Study Guide for beginners and advanced learners by a noted AFOQT Study Guide Team,Moon Point Test Prep,AFOQT Study Guide 2019-2020. We all believe it is the widest used textbook in the world for this purpose