B-2 Spirit info

Gravedigger

Well on the current hiring announcement they want officers that commissioned after 2015. So not sure how competitive a Lieutenant board can be. 

Why are they sending these emails out to 2004 YG Lt Cols?

All it did was piss me off.

Line flying ADO Lt Col B-2 / T-38 gig sign me up!!!

16 hours ago, MechGov said:

With 5 years experience, probably

If the schoolhouses are still as backed up as they were when I went through: 

Commission: 2015

enter active duty: 2016

complete UPT: 2017

complete initial qual In MDS: 2018

finish SERE, water survival, PCS etc.. then arrive at your first ops unit: 2019 

and this hiring board wants 2 ship flight leads/aircraft commanders or better lol their hiring pool is probably still on house hunting leave 

• Haha 1

I'm in the '16 year group. I've had little to no casual time between commission, UPT, SERE, deployed after a few months in the squadron... honestly just got lucky and have a decent number of hours compared to most my age. As for the B-2 thing I figure it can't hurt to apply this year and worst case, I apply again next year.

I'm in the '16 year group. I've had little to no casual time between commission, UPT, SERE, deployed after a few months in the squadron... honestly just got lucky and have a decent number of hours compared to most my age. As for the B-2 thing I figure it can't hurt to apply this year and worst case, I apply again next year.

Best of luck. My gripe is that the AF want experience in different programs but then penalizes 2nd MWS or 2nd/3rd tour dudes as being too old.
  • Upvote 3

Best of luck. My gripe is that the AF want experience in different programs but then penalizes 2nd MWS or 2nd/3rd tour dudes as being too old.

To be fair, I reckon most 2nd/3rd tour dudes are very close to the proverbial punch out and they’ve already made up their minds. Don’t know if that goes into the calculus or not when the powers above decide who to exclude from certain programs... not much to gain from those year groups close to their commitment, regardless of experience, when most are probably getting out in a couple years anyways.

That being said, the Air Force is kind of ed anyways so why the hell not. Maybe they can sway one or two minds to drink more blue instead of going to greener pastures.
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, tx_flyer said:

Finished the school house June 2018 and need 2 yrs by Fall 2020

This isn’t a stab at you TX, but I do find it crazy that they have a boarded pilot position for dudes or dudettes with 1 year operational experience (I’m counting post-MR) with one schoolhouse Q-1 on file and maaaybe another Q.

Pretty soon the 89th will start taking LTs at this rate. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BroncoEN said:

This isn’t a stab at you TX, but I do find it crazy that they have a boarded pilot position for dudes or dudettes with 1 year operational experience (I’m counting post-MR) with one schoolhouse Q-1 on file and maaaybe another Q.

Pretty soon the 89th will start taking LTs at this rate. 

Yeah I’m applying expecting to not get it. Just want to get my foot in the door and my name out there. I have nothing to lose and I figure it could help for next years board now that I’ve seen the process.

• 5 months later...

It’s been over 10 years, but I went out to Whiteman to talk to the B-2 recruiting/hiring pilots.  The goal was to look for things they did that we could incorporate in the U-2 process. 

I was fairly surprised to see that their process had almost no resemblance to how we ran the U-2 recruiting, interview and hiring process. Not that there’s was any better or worse than ours... but there was nothing I could bring back to Beale since it was apples and oranges. 

No clue if it has changed with the B-2 process. 

Edited by HuggyU2

I really don't want to get in to any detail.  

The big picture is that the B-2 process (at the time) was handled by their O-6 OG/CC.

In the U-2, nearly everything about the process is handled by the FTU.  

The U-2 interview they put you in a spacesuit and lock you in a closet for 8 hours to see if you’ll go nuts.

The B-2 interview they put you in a closet with the OG for 48 hours straight and make you audition (jokes, stories, limericks, etc). 

At least that’s what I heard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

The U-2 interview they put you in a spacesuit and lock you in a closet for 8 hours to see if you’ll go nuts.

The B-2 interview they put you in a closet with the OG for 48 hours straight and make you audition (jokes, stories, limericks, etc). 

At least that’s what I heard.

LOL #oof

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...