Guest Dr. Noisewater

I'm glad Curtis LeMay is not alive

My sentence would have ended at this.

(SAC survivor, so I can say it...............)

However, regarding the 'Creed,' :rainbow:

I am an American airman

On active duty, I will not pose nude

Regarding endless queep and AEFs to the 'Stan

I will not cop a a 'tude

Guest SATCOM
I am an American Airman

I do not carry a weapon

My service does not trust me with one

I wear a reflective belt

My service does not trust me to look before crossing

HD

Last year on my short tour to Bagram, for the first time in my career, I held a staff position. We had a weapons clearing barrel next to our TOC close to the flight line at Camp Cunningham. Your quote about "not carrying a weapon" brought back some hilarious (and somewhat sad) observations about USAF troops and weapons handling. Rather than list them all in excruciating detail, just imagine how much beer (I mean sodas) was bought for all of the times I witnessed folks drop their magazines out of M-9's and immediately pull the trigger! I was also on the dreaded Senior NCO e-mail list and got to see all of the daily reports reference "Be On The Lookout for USAF M-16 #34267781B0M998M, last seen at the Falcon Dining Facility......"

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Rodney J. McKinley recently returned from visiting bases in Europe where he recited the new creed to Airmen and he received positive feedback.

"The response I got from Airmen was absolutely fabulous," Chief McKinley said. "I think this will be something special to Airmen. This new creed every Airman will know and be able to recite; but more than that, it's something they can have in their hearts. We've had so many unofficial creeds for such a long time and now we will have an official Airman's Creed."

Big Blue's story

So, besides the mockeries posted previously, if there are so many unofficial creeds floating around for such a long time, can anyone name one?

I'm glad the leadership is doing such a fine job with the big issues of the day that they have plenty of idle time to dream this stuff up. I'm just waiting for my squadron commander to rip the boldface sheets off of the inside of the shitter doors and replace it with something useless like this.

So, besides the mockeries posted previously, if there are so many unofficial creeds floating around for such a long time, can anyone name one?

NCO Creed & SNCO Creed

NCO Creed & SNCO Creed

Are those considered unofficial? I was under the impression that those were already sanctioned by the AF, thus "official". I'm curious what exactly the chief was referring to.

Wingman's Creed:

Two

Bingo

Lead's on fire

I'll take the fat chick

This might not be what you're looking for since I think it's official.

Edited by skibum

Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force Rodney J. McKinley recently returned from visiting bases in Europe where he recited the new creed to Airmen and he received positive feedback.

"The response I got from Airmen was absolutely fabulous," Chief McKinley said. "I think this will be something special to Airmen. This new creed every Airman will know and be able to recite; but more than that, it's something they can have in their hearts. We've had so many unofficial creeds for such a long time and now we will have an official Airman's Creed."

:vomit:

Guest Rainman A-10
Wingman's Creed:

Two

Bingo

Lead's on fire

I'll take the fat chick

This might not be what you're looking for since I think it's official.

Correction:

Two - OK

MAYDAY - OK

BINGO - OK

Lead's on fire - NOT OK

Reason: Do not talk to me about what you see me doing with my jet as I may be on fire on purpose. Besides, you do not have the SA to know whether or not I am on fire or if it just looks like I'm on fire. With that in mind, you may think you should say "Lead you appear to be on fire" but you would still be wrong. You worry about being on the right freq and in position. I would rather burn than hear your voice; use that as your guide when contemplating if you should say something on the radio.

ITTFO - OK

Lead, can I get you another drink? - OK

Guest jdizzle

Wow. And to think, someone somewhere got another star for this classical art masterpiece.

I wonder what all the finance/personnel types thought when they saw "My mission is to fly, fight, and win." If a terrorist storms their office...okay, fight and win. If a co-worker steals their CAC card...okay, fight and win. But I doubt they'd agree with fly. (Yes, supporting the flyers, I get it).

I am American Airman.

I will land my F-16 after dropping ordinance on the enemy.

The next day I will look for someone to drive with me on base because I can't be trusted to drive alone.

I'm told to live by another important creed:

0-0-1-3! 0-0-1-3!

Edited by jdizzle