Whats the funniest thing you've heard over the radio?

Gravedigger

That pretty much covers predators.

And the French.

The best is a French UAV that flies directly at you into your ROZ, co-altitude, in the middle of a TIC engagement.

HATRs in the AOR result from people not understanding what the hell is going on.

AMC parent reg says "if you get TCAS RA, then you will file HATR"....that's what I was told from every Wing Safety Officer that was pinging me (STS) for info when their Tanker or C-17 filed HATR's on an aircraft out of Bagram.

Cheers,

Cap-10

East Coast Noble Eagle at 1 in the morning....

JAX: You all have GE motors on dem thangs?

Me: Yes sir, GE-129's

JAX: I used to work Pratts on F-14s, they were crap

Me: We like the GEs

Jax: Well you keep it sunny side up

Me: Thanks

AMC parent reg says "if you get TCAS RA, then you will file HATR"....that's what I was told from every Wing Safety Officer that was pinging me (STS) for info when their Tanker or C-17 filed HATR's on an aircraft out of Bagram.

Cheers,

Cap-10

It is actually the AF/SE reg and it is "if TCAS RA required a deviation."

My bro wrote a poem for the lovely angelic voiced Brit maiden down at Bastion and read it out of the top hatch over ground the other day. The nav recorded it on his iPhone & played it for the whole sq. AMAZING. Thankfully, we'll never know what she looks like, but, she said "yes".

Edited by Cherub

My bro wrote a poem for the lovely angelic voiced Brit maiden down at Bastion and read it out of the top hatch over ground the other day. The nav recorded it on his iPhone & played it for the whole sq. AMAZING. Thankfully, we'll never know what she looks like, but, she said "yes".

Need the verbage to go along with said poem.

• Upvote 1

Which makes it all the more frustrating when C-17s file them while flying tactical in the AOR. You have no clearance, so there's no deviation. See and avoid, moron.

All well and good practice to see and avoid. AMC is pushing us to be overly conservative with this crap. I had a TCAS RA (non AOR), filed the HATR and didn't think about it again. Six months later I got an email from AMC stan/eval that went something like this. We just reviewed the MFOQA data on a C17 you flew on x date. We noticed you received an RA. Did you file a HATR?

I've got five bosses Bob, five.

All well and good practice to see and avoid. AMC is pushing us to be overly conservative with this crap. I had a TCAS RA (non AOR), filed the HATR and didn't think about it again. Six months later I got an email from AMC stan/eval that went something like this. We just reviewed the MFOQA data on a C17 you flew on x date. We noticed you received an RA. Did you file a HATR?

Hmm...must've forgot the TPS coversheet...

Wow. Were they following up to put the screws on you, or just looking for a data point?

Can't see if you're not looking...

I thought that was the whole idea behind having a HUD.

Probably just checking to make sure you landed at the right base...

• 1 year later...

I teach a bit on the side. One instrument student has only really been in the States for a year, so he doesn't get all the cultural references right. While departing a posh Massachusetts island, he called "Marta Stewart ground..."

Recently,

ATC - "...where do you plan on going to next"

Us (who have no idea what the next point is because of a heated fantasy football debate) - "whatever the next point we have filed is"

ATC - "well yea I guess that makes sense, but lets not keep secrets from each other ok?"

Airliner - "yea don't do that"

edit: bad engrish

Edited by GoCanes7

Back in UPT at CBM, the Wx is getting bad and the vis is decreasing. They called a mass re-call of all solo studs to RTB. My bud is on a long straight on final in a 38. The RSU asks him what he estimates the visibility. He responds,

"Poor, maybe 1 mile" Now they're starting to worry in the RSU. Then RSU responds, "Call when runway in sight" Instantly, my bud responds runway in sight, RSU states 'Say DME?" he responds "8 DME????????????" He wore a huge footlong dog-bone around his neck for a week, which was a punishment bestowed to the stud who did the biggest "bone-headed" thing that week.

Edited by Vito
  • Upvote 2