Any Skydivers?

Guest Safe&Clear

Guest Safe&Clear

Anybody on this board besides me into skydiving? I've got an RV reserved in Phoenix on 25 April to head down to the Rocky Point, Mexico Boogie being put on by Skydive Arizona. Supposedly a helluva good time.

They are taking their Twin Otter down, there's great beaches, dune buggy rentals, fishing and of course bars. Looking for anyone who wants to pitch in on the RV. And help me figure out how to drive it....

I wish...thanks to this shithole place called Enid, the nearest turbine DZ is in Texas. That and the chance of hurting myself during UPT isn't worth it. Oh well, at least in a year or so when I can start up again, I'll have an excuse to get a new toy (cypress expired). Have fun man, I'm sure it'll be a blast.

Guest SATCOM

Just jumped on Friday, PD-200 for my old butt. Mainly have the USAF drop me for free, but the women at the local DZ's are immensely better looking than the dudes in my squadron!

but the women at the local DZ's are immensely better looking than the dudes in my squadron!

Ain't that truth! Of course by local DZ I mean back home and not in craptown here. Shit at this point, I'd take a jump on a Navigator 280 or some crap...at least my ass would be under some nylon. But, can't complain too much now that I'm actually flying.

Kind of a random note here...anyone know anybody who'd be interested in a Tri 190 w/ about 85 jumps on it? That was my 1st one that's now been sitting in the closet for 1.5 yrs or so. Probably a long shot, but just thought I'd ask.

Skydive Arizona doesn't do static, so my guess is no. Also, you need to have minimum of 100 freefall jumps for this boogie...and it's over water, so you probably need a B license, but that's just a guess. Get your A so you can start doing boogies...tons of fun!

Edited by brabus

I started jumping this year and currently have 28 jumps (A License). I got to see the Skyfest boogie in Houston...it was awesome! I'm going to stop for a while though while I go through UPT and follow on training. My guess is that I won't get to jump again until I retire or something like that.

Guest Safe&Clear
I started jumping this year and currently have 28 jumps (A License). I got to see the Skyfest boogie in Houston...it was awesome! I'm going to stop for a while though while I go through UPT and follow on training. My guess is that I won't get to jump again until I retire or something like that.

You can start jumping again as soon as you're done with UPT. (You can actually continue jumping during UPT as long as the wrong people don't know about it and you don't get your a$$ hurt. UPT students do MUCH stupider/ more dangerous things offduty than skydiving, but non-jumper leadership doesn't get that. Anyway, you didn't hear any of this from me...)

I think you and I may have met in Houston-- were you there the weekend PRIOR to Skyfest?

Back to topic: still looking for a drinking/ jumping crew to attend this Boogie with me!

And yes, they are requiring a B-license and flotation gear to participate.

Guest Safe&Clear
Yeah, I was in Houston most of the summer working at NASA. Good times. Did we meet?

Yeah, I believe I remember the conversation. I'm an ex-gunship guy. Now an IP down in Corpus. Pass the word on this deal to any good bros you know who'd like to go. Everything is set-- just need to fill the RV! So far it's only myself... My email address is: Townsmj@gnt.net