SOS/ACSC information

Guest rumblefish_2

I'll be the heretic: I'm actually learning stuff in ACSC DL. That said, I'm not sure the opportunity cost is worth it. Hopefully, knocking it out now will enable me to go to a non-Maxwell based program for school later. The ILAs suck and I'm shocked by the dumbness my classmates bring up. The papers and TDQs are forcing me to go back and read the material I previously speed-clicked through. It makes me wonder if the course really should just be three of the discussion/paper modules and shit-can all the CBT and ILA stuff. I also can't fathom how we justified having a bunch of retired O-6s on the payroll to moderate this... I'm curious what the costs are compared to the old book-and-test method.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any words on whether or not the next SOS class will go? Word is the guys in the class that just ended got sent home early with the Gov't Shutdown.

What a shame. AU only got 7.5 weeks to cram-in their 4.5 week course...instead of the normal 8.

• Upvote 1

Any words on whether or not the next SOS class will go? Word is the guys in the class that just ended got sent home early with the Gov't Shutdown.

True. We were told on Tuesday morning that we had to be gone by COB Wednesday. My buddy who was in the November class told me that it was cancelled, but I haven't heard anything official.

Also, my flight commander there said that in March SOS is going back to 5 or 6 weeks.

Also, my flight commander there said that in March SOS is going back to 5 or 6 weeks.

Ha! Classic.

I'll show my ignorance-how do we have money to keep flying but we don't have money to pay dudes TDY to maxwell? I mean, I like this outcome as much as the next guy but its all funny money right?

They did get sent home, not sure if they graduated or not. Haven't heard any words yet about the next class but I'll post something as soon as I do. FWIW, my AIS class got cancelled at the halfway point this week as well with no one completing.

They did get sent home, not sure if they graduated or not. Haven't heard any words yet about the next class but I'll post something as soon as I do. FWIW, my AIS class got cancelled at the halfway point this week as well with no one completing.

Was told that they were graduating early and going home. Don't have specific confirmation after the fact, but that was the word on Tues afternoon.

Yeah, we showed up Tuesday morning for the Commendants Challenge (was really hoping that was canceled) and told we were graduating the next day. The SECAF gubment shutdown memo was briefed as the validating reason (no TDYs other then war or to protect life/property) so we all went home Wednesday. We were supposed to graduate Friday, so it was only 2 days earlier, and we all got credit.

Just saw an email on this. They are proceeding as if the 28 Oct - 20 Dec class still happening. The cutoff is 21 Oct for all these budget shenanigans. No fix by then, no SOS class this fall.

Yep, boss forwarded me the same email. I really hope my chance to spend 8 weeks somewhere other than Afghanistan or Afcannonstan doesn't go down the tubes.