SOS/ACSC information

Guest rumblefish_2

Five seconds with Google and the four letters OLMP would have taken you to this informative page: http://www.au.af.mil/au/dlmasters.asp

It would have answered your questions without you looking like a ######ing idiot.

Oh, and another pro tip: if you had bothered to tell people in your first post that you were done with your Master's degree instead of relying on us using The Force ™ to determine your specific situation...you might have received a better answer.

Regardless of your situation, there are situations where the OLMP is a great deal. The problem is that no one is finding out about it until it is of no use to them. Your dismissive posts do nothing to help other dudes.

Force??? Pretty sure ACSC means ACSC regardless if I say OLMP correspondence or in residence. My dismissive replies have to do with an individual offering advice that is irrelevant to my question. Did I ask about the Capt's programs or did I ask about ACSC. Additionally, did I ask about eligibility or what others were doing? ...Masters didn’t matter in this conversation..

Thanks for the Google tip however...I just wish there was a Air Force portal...or "shared point" where we could look up info like what does ACSC mean...What does ACSC OLMP mean...when one might eligible for it...how long is it...(STS)....oh well...maybe cyber command will help us.

Also before you offer the Google and lay the F-Bomb....Try reading what people ask...and think about it...then ask yourself do I know what the F### I'm talking about and is it related to what they asked....if not STFUYFR...oddly enough this process also takes 5 seconds

The only process you brought up was the O-3 programs...which was not what I was talking about

Please feel free to re-read my first post

Anybody else thinking about the ACSC OLMP vs traditional program?? 24 months for the OLMP seems to be a long time. The time required will put you into your 3rd look and God knows you can't even complete for ACSC in res if you don't have the correspondence complete first.

If you have an educated input to this feel free to reply....once again I appreciate your gusto

Jrobe

So, quick question for the guard/reserve guys...since ASBC/SOS have been combined and the AD acceptance rate for SOS is going from 75% up to 100% ..... would it be worth it for me (current AD 1Lt thats pinning on Capt in July 12) to do the correspondence still? I am sponsored by a unit for the June 2012 boards and assuming everything goes well there, I will be coming off AD in Aug 2012.

How do the Guard/Reserve guys view SOS correspondence vs in residence?

So, quick question for the guard/reserve guys...since ASBC/SOS have been combined and the AD acceptance rate for SOS is going from 75% up to 100% ..... would it be worth it for me (current AD 1Lt thats pinning on Capt in July 12) to do the correspondence still? I am sponsored by a unit for the June 2012 boards and assuming everything goes well there, I will be coming off AD in Aug 2012.

How do the Guard/Reserve guys view SOS correspondence vs in residence?

In my experience hardly anyone in the Guard does SOS in residence, unless they are a guard bum and need the two months of pay. In the Guard it's just checking a box.

I'm told the official list comes out tomorrow... My CDR called me today to pass the shitty news. AFSOC didn't do well apparently.

Hmmm...what do you mean by AFSOC "not doing so well"? My understanding was the SOF DT got 30 slots a year to divy out (IDE) - shouldn't be a year to year thing. At least that's how it was explained to me by an O-6 that used to work in AFSOC/A1. Did the DT get fewer slots to hand out this year?

Hmmm...what do you mean by AFSOC "not doing so well"? My understanding was the SOF DT got 30 slots a year to divy out (IDE) - shouldn't be a year to year thing. At least that's how it was explained to me by an O-6 that used to work in AFSOC/A1. Did the DT get fewer slots to hand out this year?

My understanding is that the number of non-select slots is directly proportional to the number of select slots for that year. AFSOC has been putting off sending to school many of its selects, until now when they must go (last year). That jams the number of non-selects that get IDE slots.

Maybe I am completely off here, but my source is a senior officer and very well placed, he made this call a few months ago after the SOF DT met. The word from AFSOC/CV was that there hasn't been a more competitive year for IDE. I hope AFSOC guys do get picked up, we deserve it as much as any others do.

My understanding is that the number of non-select slots is directly proportional to the number of select slots for that year. AFSOC has been putting off sending to school many of its selects, until now when they must go (last year). That jams the number of non-selects that get IDE slots.

Maybe I am completely off here, but my source is a senior officer and very well placed, he made this call a few months ago after the SOF DT met. The word from AFSOC/CV was that there hasn't been a more competitive year for IDE. I hope AFSOC guys do get picked up, we deserve it as much as any others do.

Sounds like we're talking about the same thing. Total number of guys going to school is the same, so the more selects that HAVE to go (3rd look), the fewer non-selects are going to get picked up. What was that they preached about Cannon not having a negative impact on anyone's career?

In my experience hardly anyone in the Guard does SOS in residence, unless they are a guard bum and need the two months of pay. In the Guard it's just checking a box.

good, being a reservist, I have a hard time believing my day job would be cool with me spending 8 weeks playing flickerball in Alabama....

good, being a reservist, I have a hard time believing my day job would be cool with me spending 8 weeks playing flickerball in Alabama....

BUT it teaches leadership and promotes tactical planning when your four man formation "attacks" the basket thru the aggressive lanes.....crap I might be getting that mixed up with the gayed up dodgeball game from ASBC......that was gayer than a fanny pack full of dicks....

..that was gayer than a fanny pack full of dicks....

A month and a half of per diem partying every night wasn't too bad (Except as a case of Air Force F,W&A) as a brand new Lt though...

Edited by Odium

BUT it teaches leadership and promotes tactical planning when your four man formation "attacks" the basket thru the aggressive lanes.....crap I might be getting that mixed up with the gayed up dodgeball game from ASBC......that was gayer than a fanny pack full of dicks....

Sir,

Surely you are not deriding the noble sport of ICARUS. You probably hated it because your team made you be a SAM.

A month and a half of per diem partying every night wasn't too bad (Except as a case of Air Force F,W&A) as a brand new Lt though...

Icarus! Thats what that was...don't get me wrong, I made a ton of money even after drinking a ton at ASBC, plus I golfed 2-3 times a week and hit the driving range every night.....

"Sir,

Surely you are not deriding the noble sport of ICARUS. You probably hated it because your team made you be a SAM.

"

I was all three of those awesome positions (what offense/F-15, defense/F-16, and SAM's correct?)

Your still gayer than a fanny pack full of dicks if you were one of those douchnuggets that ran around and acted like you won the super bowl for playing Icarus......although watching "missiles" miss targets and nail the craniums of unsuspecting players made for some good laughs..... :beer:

Edited by MattS

although watching "missiles" miss targets and nail the craniums of unsuspecting players made for some good laughs..... :beer:

I got bigger laughs from watching a bunch of "athletically challenged" future shoe clerks slip and stumble all over a wet field. 2 minutes in and they're all wheezing like they've got asthma.

I got bigger laughs from watching a bunch of "athletically challenged" future shoe clerks slip and stumble all over a wet field. 2 minutes in and they're all wheezing like they've got asthma.

Pretty sure there are fatty's on both sides of the fence......actually I distinctly remember a pilot candidate in my flight (but lets face it, EVERYONE at ASBC was a potentical shoe clerk because nobody had gone to UPT yet) who couldn't pass the PT test. They had to have him run it 3 times (this was before the auto-fail that we have now) just to get him to BARELY pass with a 76.....there was another pilot candidate who failed not one, but BOTH of the written tests......how you manage that, one will never know.....both were ring knockers too...

I still stand by my original thoughts on Icarus...lol

ugh....now I need to get back to making my eyes bleed again by choking thru SOS via coorespondence.....

Pretty sure there are fatty's on both sides of the fence......actually I distinctly remember a pilot candidate in my flight (but lets face it, EVERYONE at ASBC was a potentical shoe clerk because nobody had gone to UPT yet) who couldn't pass the PT test. They had to have him run it 3 times (this was before the auto-fail that we have now) just to get him to BARELY pass with a 76.....there was another pilot candidate who failed not one, but BOTH of the written tests......how you manage that, one will never know.....both were ring knockers too...

I still stand by my original thoughts on Icarus...lol

ugh....now I need to get back to making my eyes bleed again by choking thru SOS via coorespondence.....

I am with you on the eye bleed technique. Passed my first test yesterday & still have two more modules to go. I'd rather pass kidney stones than read this AU Frequent Manhood garbage...but of course, need to check that box....