SOS/ACSC information

Guest rumblefish_2

"Robin Olds wouldn't fit in today's Air Force"

is when he lost the other 20% of our class

Actually had to brief him one time and got the same feeling all of you are describing. I was not a fan immediately after he opened his mouth. Next Foglesong?

Do I remember him mentioning something about lingerie shows at the CHS club back in the day? IIRC he talked in a disgusted manner about it and all I could do was sit there, look around and think to myself; A: surely he wasn't talking about the same place I know (it forbids enjoyment) and B. Why couldn't I have been in 20 years ago?

Do I remember him mentioning something about lingerie shows at the CHS club back in the day? IIRC he talked in a disgusted manner about it and all I could do was sit there, look around and think to myself; A: surely he wasn't talking about the same place I know (it forbids enjoyment) and B. Why couldn't I have been in 20 years ago?

Yeah he talked about how he attended said shows but now looking back he is discussed with how he acted; like saying that makes him some kind of revolutionary leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no such luck. He makes it very clear in lecture 1 that he is a future General Officer and everyone else who has been the SOS commando got stars (plural). His humility is admirable.

Well this year was his year (IIRC) and he was not on the most recent list of those nominated or approved by the Senate for promotion to O-7.

Well this year was his year (IIRC) and he was not on the most recent list of those nominated or approved by the Senate for promotion to O-7.

My guess is that his SOUIF was as large as a Bible. I imagine there are/were quite a few complaints against him of some nature, or his rater realized the Peter principle had been reached.

I loved it when he told the story of making an AC go tell a loadmaster to put his flight suit top on. He was so upset that an Aircraft Commander would allow such an atrocity. Nevermind you that it was summer in OKAS. He seemed ok 1 on 1, but definitely the kind of ball-less weenie that tends to go places in the AF today.

• Upvote 2

I loved it when he told the story of making an AC go tell a loadmaster to put his flight suit top on. He was so upset that an Aircraft Commander would allow such an atrocity. Nevermind you that it was summer in OKAS. He seemed ok 1 on 1, but definitely the kind of ball-less weenie that tends to go places in the AF today.

Wow...probably 110, never mind in the back of the aircraft...take your zipper by the name tag, uniform top on garbage and eat a dick

Promotion Rate at LRAFB for Capt to Maj was 67% When he was WG CC. Also heard he's not a big fan of the plagiarism at SOS!

Worst part is that he told us he was proud of giving DPs back to big AF if he didn't think he had enough people in his wing who deserved them. Talk about abhorrent leadership

Worst part is that he told us he was proud of giving DPs back to big AF if he didn't think he had enough people in his wing who deserved them. Talk about abhorrent leadership

Shouldn't this be a major red flag at the MLR? Why do I have one WG/CC consistently returning DPs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many career slick Herk drivers are GO's?

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographies/Display/tabid/225/Article/107996/major-general-richard-c-johnston.aspx

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographies/Display/tabid/225/Article/108122/major-general-rowayne-a-wayne-schatz-jr.aspx

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographies/Display/tabid/225/Article/107994/lieutenant-general-mark-o-schissler.aspx

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographies/Display/tabid/225/Article/108715/brigadier-general-charles-k-hyde.aspx

Don't know the real number, but here are three four that I can recall that are currently on AD.

This year's addition was Col Steve Oliver. I don't have his bio handy and not on the af.mil site.

No value judgement on any of these guys, just information.

I will say that I think the AF missed a good one in a former 19AW/CC and 89AW/CC (Mike Minihan)...I think this year was his primary look.

Edit: added one more.

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/Biographies/Display/tabid/225/Article/108881/brigadier-general-patrick-x-mordente.aspx

Back to your regularly scheduled sport bitching...

Edited by Herk Driver

The first two don't count since the first one was a Sq/CC in a KC-10 squadron and the other flew C-17's at McChord.

I think CZ replaced Oliver as 463 OSS/CC when I was there.

I disagree. Ok, so they did something else, but both started in Herks and went to something else, but then came back to Herks as Wing Commanders.

If your point is that you have to go do something different to make GO, then ok I get it.

But in the MAF, you are going to see that with many of the dudes that make higher rank. Very few are single MDS guys.

Yes, he did replace Oliver. Oliver was a prior -135 Nav IIRC.

Edit: I remember that he used to talk about the careers of several enlisted members that he helped to curtail due to integrity issues as a Sq/CC as well. That was part of his welcome brief to ASAB as the EOG. I don't remember the Major at EUCOM or the reason though.

Edited by Herk Driver

Regardless, if he didn't make the list it makes him one of the first ones to be passed over (according to him). He announced to our class that only one guy didn't make it to O-7 and it was because he retired... This would totally make my day if confirmed.

Edit: I remember that he used to talk about the careers of several enlisted members that he helped to curtail due to integrity issues as a Sq/CC as well. That was part of his welcome brief to ASAB as the EOG.

I got to hear that at ASAB and LRF, and both times he had a huge shit-eating grin on his face.

CZ showed up to the Captain-led roof stomp at the General's house when I was at SOS. As he approached on the porch, I said "Captains only" (to his bewilderment), pointed him in the direction of the empty beer cooler and aimed for the nearest exit.

• Upvote 2

CZ showed up to the Captain-led roof stomp at the General's house when I was at SOS. As he approached on the porch, I said "Captains only" (to his bewilderment), pointed him in the direction of the empty beer cooler and aimed for the nearest exit.

tumblr_kw16k3HGKo1qzhiqwo1_1280.png?AWSA

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wait, I don't get it. So if I read that correctly, if I don't get picked up for skool on my IPZ board (Dec) but get picked up for Major, I still need to do the ACSC dick dance the second I find out I'm a select. However, if I do get picked up for skool, I can't enrole. Am I reading that right?