SOS/ACSC information

Guest rumblefish_2

I started 6.0 and have completed 7 self-paced sections and 2 applied sections and it has taken about 2.5 months so far. 1 more self-paced section and 2 more applied sections to go--can't wait to be done.

How many hours per week has that pace taken you?

How many hours per week has that pace taken you?

It varies. It's pretty easy to blow through the tests--just keep taking them until you pass--each section usually has a 20-question bank and you need to get at least 5 out of 6 to pass. Some of the ILAs and exercises take a lot of time because the feedback is terrible and it doesn't really help guide you in the right direction. I'd say I've been doing 2-3 hours a week on the self-paced sections.

Unfortunately no. However, their selection of scotch is not too bad considering it's a class 6 in AL. The rest of the liquors and beer selection is decent enough.

The Class 6 isn't bad at all. It is much better than in 2007. Every week they had a rotating sale on different liquors, and I picked up a couple bottles of The Glenlivet 15 for a good price.

They have a lot of beers from all over the States. My only suggestion is to look at the date on the bottles, I came across a six-pack of Bell's Oberon from 2010 this past summer. With that being said, a few guys in my SOS class ordered some six-packs through the Class 6 and they arrived within a week, a much better delivery date than most AAFES Class 6s.

• 2 weeks later...

For the new ACSC, how anal-retentive are they with the papers? Am I going to need to put serious thought into this thing, or is it like most other garbage papers? Not really looking to waste time here.

I have yet to read anything for the course....

On my last paper in Joint Warfare....the instructor gave me a topic, I can research what I need to answer his questions. Painful = not the least bit.

I'd treat it as a TUI research paper....put zero thought into it and make an A+.

• Upvote 1

I have yet to read anything for the course....

On my last paper in Joint Warfare....the instructor gave me a topic, I can research what I need to answer his questions. Painful = not the least bit.

I'd treat it as a TUI research paper....put zero thought into it and make an A+.

Good to know. I wasted too much time before it switched to the new course. Should have just finished 8 months ago... My fault.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll soon be eligible to start the ACSC OLMP. I am already halfway through a masters program (AMU military studies) which I should finish in about a year and a half. I'm considering getting w/in one class of finishing my masters and then switching to the ACSC OLMP to get some of the ACSC courses knocked out. Once I've completed those ACSC courses then switch back, finish the masters before my first Majors board, and after I get picked up just complete the ACSC requirements. Wondering if anyone else has tried this or if completing my masters would dis-enroll me from ACSC OLMP? Can I switch from the OLMP to the regular ACSC once I'm eligible? Right now I'm married with no kids so if I want to get as much of this BS knocked out as early as possible.

I'll soon be eligible to start the ACSC OLMP. I am already halfway through a masters program (AMU military studies) which I should finish in about a year and a half. I'm considering getting w/in one class of finishing my masters and then switching to the ACSC OLMP to get some of the ACSC courses knocked out. Once I've completed those ACSC courses then switch back, finish the masters before my first Majors board, and after I get picked up just complete the ACSC requirements. Wondering if anyone else has tried this or if completing my masters would dis-enroll me from ACSC OLMP? Can I switch from the OLMP to the regular ACSC once I'm eligible? Right now I'm married with no kids so if I want to get as much of this BS knocked out as early as possible.

Kool%2Baid.jpg

Wow, I hope you put this much attention to detail into mission planning!

Edited by GoAround

Sounds like a really solid plan. You should do that... :vomit: