Motorcycle Riders Thread

Ram

• 3 months later...

Anyone doing pre season prep?

My bike was doing part street and part track duty, but due to my location, it's going full time track now. Just dropped it off at Raceworx in Dallas for a suspension refresh, new tires, fluid swap and safety wiring.

v5VN7cG.jpg

edit: $35 dollar spray can paint job for the bodywork, don't judge

Edited by xaarman

Anyone doing pre season prep?

My bike was doing part street and part track duty, but due to my location, it's going full time track now. Just dropped it off at Raceworx in Dallas for a suspension refresh, new tires, fluid swap and safety wiring.

edit: $35 dollar spray can paint job for the bodywork, don't judge

Nice looking bike! I have no idea why anybody would ride a motorcycle on the roads anyway. It's too dangerous and the cops get all pissy when you drag your knees on the on ramps. I've ridden most of the tracks in TX but been in SoCal for the past 4 years. I'm partial to TWS but Harris Hill has a great grippy surface. Looks like I'll be traveling from SoCal to Altus for some KC-135 qual action in a month but I'll be bringing my supermoto/motocross/flat track bikes and I'll be hunting out some tracks in the OK/North Tx area. I'd offer to hit the road circuits with you but don't currently have a road bike. Got any suggestions for some Sumo/flat track racing?

Unfortunately I don't know much about the flat track/motocross scene. Have you ridden any of the Cali tracks? I'm from the Central coast and been trying to time feellikeapro.com and Laguna Seca to one of my visits but it hasn't worked out.

Unfortunately I don't know much about the flat track/motocross scene. Have you ridden any of the Cali tracks? I'm from the Central coast and been trying to time feellikeapro.com and Laguna Seca to one of my visits but it hasn't worked out.

That feellikeapro looks like a blast! I am a Willow Springs aficionado, but I have turned a few laps around Laguna as well. I actually raced the AMA Pro Supersport race at Laguna in 2012 which was pretty much the highlight of my motorcycling life. It would be fun to ride on those 250s, I would highly recommend it! I get shivers when that track first comes into view, it is just an unbelievable layout and I've got some great memories there.

I've attached a picture of me (#713) in the middle of the corkscrew with Stephano Mesa (#37) and Jake Lewis (#85) during qualifying to get you psyched up!

post-6055-0-48052700-1394076295_thumb.jp

Edited by Highside

• 4 weeks later...

That feellikeapro looks like a blast! I am a Willow Springs aficionado, but I have turned a few laps around Laguna as well. I actually raced the AMA Pro Supersport race at Laguna in 2012 which was pretty much the highlight of my motorcycling life. It would be fun to ride on those 250s, I would highly recommend it! I get shivers when that track first comes into view, it is just an unbelievable layout and I've got some great memories there.

I've attached a picture of me (#713) in the middle of the corkscrew with Stephano Mesa (#37) and Jake Lewis (#85) during qualifying to get you psyched up!

I'm so insanely jealous, but honestly nowhere near that good. Awesome picture though, I'd have that blown up and placed over my fireplace!

2 weeks until the first track weekend, getting antsy waiting to pick up my bike. In the mean time, I watch this video over and over:

(:48 seconds is crazy.)

Edited by xaarman
  • Upvote 2

anyone have any experience riding/racing in Colorado? I'm moving back to the US and really want to get back to racing, just trying to decide whether to go back to dirt, supermoto, or road racing, I only get to pick one this time around (damn kids are expensive) but it seems like CO has a bit of everything.

anyone have any experience riding/racing in Colorado? I'm moving back to the US and really want to get back to racing, just trying to decide whether to go back to dirt, supermoto, or road racing, I only get to pick one this time around (damn kids are expensive) but it seems like CO has a bit of everything.

Still some of the best riding I've done while stationed in CO Springs, rode all over the state. My Duc salesmans was racing, this was right after PPIR closed, but there are tracks in the Denver area. For the offroad, sadly I bought my 450 after CO, and haven't found the good areas in TX yet.

www.cosportbikeclub.org is a good start.

Colorado has a great supermoto scene and you can get a supermoto bike with a dirt setup too and have all kinds of fun!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It depends. It's mostly to prove that the wing did their due diligence on the rider. For example, Offutt WG/SE gave out laminated, hollogram authorized rider cards used to get on base, which you needed a class M license and proof of insurance to get.

At my current base, there is no record required, but we do anyways because it shows compliance with:

"3.7.2. Operators of government and private motorcycles authorized to operate on an AF installation shall possess a valid license, issued by civil authorities to operate motorcycles on public highways"

should any inspection occur. All we did was upload a copy into AFSAS.

My wing is collecting copies of drivers licenses and proof of insurance in addition to the MSF card, hazardous activities worksheet, and commander's brief for all riders. Is this normal in most wings?

That's about half of what the Army does at say, Ft. Hood TX. All the above to include pictures of your bike and PPE. 3 yr re-qual, post deployment refresher and separate sportbike course.

That's about half of what the Army does at say, Ft. Hood TX. All the above to include pictures of your bike and PPE. 3 yr re-qual, post deployment refresher and separate sportbike course.

I thought I was in the WTF thread for a minute. Nope.

AF has a separate sport bike course...at least in my corner of it the sport bike course was mandatory