Motorcycle Riders Thread

Ram

Gearpigs post made me think of this movie too

http://chargemovie.com/

Went and saw the premier and it was pretty impressive. The Documentary was narrated by Ewan McGregor too. Michael Czysz is like the Bruce Wayne of American Moto GP. Afterwards they had a Q&A with Czysz, he was saying the lastest bike can do over 170mph. Of course the batteries only last for 30 mins or so with current technology.

http://motoczysz.com/

Any info on the new AFI regarding motorcycles? I've only heard rumors.

The only one I know of came out several months ago (AFI91-207 dated 27 Oct 11) but really doesn't have any major changes. It clarifies the safety courses and encourages sportbike riders to attend a sportbike course. You may hear rumors that this is mandatory but it's not stated that way in this regulation. I suppose a base can be more restrictive though. The biggest change is that all riders must be entered into the Motorcycle Unit Safety Tracking Tool (MUSTT) database.

• 1 month later...

The only one I know of came out several months ago (AFI91-207 dated 27 Oct 11) but really doesn't have any major changes. It clarifies the safety courses and encourages sportbike riders to attend a sportbike course. You may hear rumors that this is mandatory but it's not stated that way in this regulation. I suppose a base can be more restrictive though. The biggest change is that all riders must be entered into the Motorcycle Unit Safety Tracking Tool (MUSTT) database.

I got pulled over on a PACAF base last fall and was told by SF that my experienced riders course card had expired and that the course must be taken every 2 years. So, I looked it up in the AFI, the PACAF sup and the base sup and saw nothing on this. I called bullsh*t on this but still interesting that SF is saying this at certain bases.

Edited by Tank

I'd communicate that fact to your base ground safety (motorcycle) rep so he can commuicate it to the base SF types. I think AMC has a blurb that says a course is "highly encouraged" every two years, or something to that effect. Personally, I have no problem with taking a day off work to ride on AMC's dime.

I left PACAF in 10, but the policy then was you had to take a course every three years and they paid for it (and scheduled it on a work day)

When I was on the ROK, the Army was the group in charge of all the motorcycle courses and they were only held at Yongsan and only the Army was allowed to take the course. Even Lt Gen Remington (7AF/CC) got turned away from the course b/c he was Air Force.

Since he got turned away I think he was putting in a request for all DoD personnel to be allowed to take the course but I don't know what happened to that request since I left.

• 1 month later...

I had my motorcycle stolen last weekend out of the parking garage where I keep it. Police called today and said it had been recovered, but it is messed up pretty bad. If the police were to find out who stole it, could I sue them for the damages to my bike? (I only had liability insurance)

I had my motorcycle stolen last weekend out of the parking garage where I keep it. Police called today and said it had been recovered, but it is messed up pretty bad. If the police were to find out who stole it, could I sue them for the damages to my bike? (I only had liability insurance)

Absolutely. Generally people who steal motorcycles and crash them don't have a lot of recoverable assets or earnings potential, unfortunately. JAG won't be able to represent you but should be able to advise/point in the right direction.

Edited by magnetfreezer

• 4 weeks later...

Any club racers or racing enthusiasts planning on going to the AMA/WSB races at Miller Motorsports Park over Memorial Day weekend? How would you like to be part of the show instead of spectating? I'm attempting to qualify for my first AMA supersport race and could use 1 more crew member. No real skill needed, just hauling stuff from the trailer to pit wall, putting on tire warmers etc. You should be at least vaguely familiar with motorcycle racing so you don't do something stupid and get me in trouble! I've got a capable crew chief (hopefully) lined up along with one other person, but could use 1-2 more bodies. I'll take care of your credentials (access anywhere) and food etc so you don't have to buy tickets or anything.. Still pending commitment from my crew chief, a long time AMA superbike racer until 2010. PM me or email me at "jonappelt "at" yahoo".

What bikes are you guys riding?

I've currently got an '04 R6 - standard 600... selling soon - and an '04 Honda RC51. I really like the character of the Honda, but it's definitely not as fast as the R1 I used to have. I looked into 996 / 998's but I hear maintenance can be an issue.

Any cool bikes out there? What's your favorite bike you've ridden?

Any club racers or racing enthusiasts planning on going to the AMA/WSB races at Miller Motorsports Park over Memorial Day weekend? How would you like to be part of the show instead of spectating? I'm attempting to qualify for my first AMA supersport race and could use 1 more crew member. No real skill needed, just hauling stuff from the trailer to pit wall, putting on tire warmers etc. You should be at least vaguely familiar with motorcycle racing so you don't do something stupid and get me in trouble! I've got a capable crew chief (hopefully) lined up along with one other person, but could use 1-2 more bodies. I'll take care of your credentials (access anywhere) and food etc so you don't have to buy tickets or anything.. Still pending commitment from my crew chief, a long time AMA superbike racer until 2010. PM me or email me at "jonappelt "at" yahoo".

Went in 08 and will probably not make it back from my vaca in SWA until the day of the race. I'm planning to head out to Indy for MotoGP again and maybe check out the NOLA track for AMA. Would love to be on the other side of the pit wall for a change and I have an umbrella girl if you needed one! Wish my timing was better. Hopefully the track near me in Austin will be on the AMA schedule next year.

Edited by Victory103

Absolutely. Generally people who steal motorcycles and crash them don't have a lot of recoverable assets or earnings potential, unfortunately. JAG won't be able to represent you but should be able to advise/point in the right direction.

JAG is for the Commander (i.e., they are out to get YOU); ADC is YOUR advocate. Call ADC, they might be able to help, and they will definitely offer free legal advice.

My track day weapon this year is a modded 2007 MV Agusta F4-1000R. Love it. I also like how cheap 1098R's are becoming. The last of the trellis framed dry clutch Ducati's. Might have to scoop one up

Kinda funny ebay ad for a Ducati Monster S4R:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NO-RESERVE-DUCATI-MONSTER-996-S4R-SUPER-LOW-MILES-LIMITED-CARBON-FIBER-EDITION-/160798919961?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item25705ccd19#ht_1183wt_1167

Excerpt:

This bike has so much Monster power that they had to use Clydesdale horses to measure the horsepower. The true horsepower rating is unknown because we ran out of Clydesdales so we just limited it to 117. I am unsure of the top speed because the earth started moving backwards and stopped time, (scared the crap out of me). The bike also has great brakes, but you must use care in stopping as it may cause the road to wrinkle up like in cartoons.

JAG is for the Commander (i.e., they are out to get YOU); ADC is YOUR advocate. Call ADC, they might be able to help, and they will definitely offer free legal advice.

This statement is inaccurate. JAG offers the majority of legal services to people on base. They are your friends, as long as you aren't in trouble. JAG would be the correct office to seek legal advice regarding a potential suit. As noted, they will not represent you in court over such an issue.

ADC represents if you are facing judicial punishment. I think they might help you out in Article 15 matters, too.

This is a good reference on what JAGs can/can't do for you:

http://www.hill.af.m...eet.asp?id=6418

Cheers! :beer:

Edited by frog

This statement is inaccurate. JAG offers the majority of legal services to people on base. They are your friends, as long as you aren't in trouble. JAG would be the correct office to seek legal advice regarding a potential suit. As noted, they will not represent you in court over such an issue.

ADC represents if you are facing judicial punishment. I think they might help you out in Article 15 matters, too.

This is a good reference on what JAGs can/can't do for you:

http://www.hill.af.m...eet.asp?id=6418

Cheers! :beer:

Thanks, good to know. I always heard/thought that JAG was there to enforce the UCMJ, while ADC was the defense. My apologies for spreading bad info... Back to motorcycles.

They are your friends, as long as you aren't in trouble.

My experience was anytime I needed legal representation it was always the JAG who was out to get me and the ADC who was my (sometimes only) friend.

Just sayin'...

Sounds like some good stories?

Actually, no.

Fucked up commanders doing shit they shouldn't and anyone within arms reach was in the threat ring and needed legal representation until the investigations were over.

Actually, no.

######ed up commanders doing shit they shouldn't and anyone within arms reach was in the threat ring and needed legal representation until the investigations were over.

That type of shit happens!

"So, your first sergeant has been doing _________, and what I want to know is why none of you reported it. What else are you hiding?"

"Wait, he was doing WHAT?!"