Mustache March

john

YGBFSM...

Male and female airmen have all gotten coffee for the boss and brought home-baked pastry for the coworkers. Get over yourself. Of all the shit going on in the AF and the world, this is now AF Times headline. If anything, I've seen women benefited more in the AF because they are female. But people can't say shit about that for fear of being accused a sexist and get hit with an IG complaint.

I sincerely hope someone in the NCR set her straight for writing this article.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140318/NEWS01/303180045/Opinion-Mustache-March-lose

Edited to Add: Upon re-reading the article, it's apparent she is only using Mustache March to gripe about her perception of discrimination in the AF. Pretty sure there are other females in the AF who are taking part in Mustache March (morale building event). If she feels this strongly about the "Boys Club" she should file an IG/MEO complaint. I'm sure one of the JAGs in the office can also provide her with some legal options.

Edited by PanchBarnes

I'm sure it never occurred to her...

But maybe she was left out and ostracized by the "boys club" because she's a whiny annoyance and just plain unpleasant to be around. This crap is ridiculous, as mentioned by others, there are plenty of awesome females who make it in the "boys club"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

The article was almost a complete waste of the few minutes I spent skimming it. However, the last paragraph is one that I actually agreed with:

"Ironically, Brig. Gen. Robin Olds grew the mustache as a “middle finger” to leadership. Now that leadership has sanctioned this event, I have no doubt that, if General Olds were here, he would shave his mustache off in protest!" Except for the obvious fact that he didn't actually have a mustache as a BG, he shaved it off while still a full bird.

I considered ignoring MM now that it is a CSAF led event. Kinda hard to have an anti-establishment morale event that is endorsed by the leader of that establishment and is AF wide. Not that I fault Gen Welsh; good on him for proving that he still has the line pilot in mind. But since the whole AF is doing it and it is a semi-official event now, I think this MM thing has run its course.

Kinda hard to have an anti-establishment morale event that is endorsed by the leader of that establishment and is AF wide.

I think if you read between the lines, Gen. Welsh is making it clear that he is the leader of the anti-establishment; the establishment being the hyper-sensitive, over-regulated, non-sensical organization that the Air Force has become over the last 10 years.

• Upvote 2

I've been on leave since Mar. 1 so I'm rocking a beard. Lumberjack March in the Marco house.

Haven't shaved since the first of August, so I'm looking like an extra on Vikings!

Fellas,

It's been a turbulent March--for people and mustaches alike. I created this gem a few weeks ago when a friend of mine attending SOS confirmed that a champion of the victim culture complained about Mustache March and its inherent sexism. On behalf of all decent females in the AF, I apologize. We hate these women's studies majors just as much as you do. To all the dudes I serve with, it's been a blast being an honorary member of the boys' club.

Mustache March 2014.pdf

• Upvote 20

Fellas,

It's been a turbulent March--for people and mustaches alike. I created this gem a few weeks ago when a friend of mine attending SOS confirmed that a champion of the victim culture complained about Mustache March and its inherent sexism. On behalf of all decent females in the AF, I apologize. We hate these women's studies majors just as much as you do. To all the dudes I serve with, it's been a blast being an honorary member of the boys' club.

37674816.jpg

• Upvote 4

Fellas,

Yet an awsome first post!

• Upvote 3

Air Force Times Op-Ed

This is the way we need to ensure “equality.” We need to just be equal. We don’t need to look for a reason to be special. We don’t need to point out the ways that women differ from men. We certainly don’t need to point out that we can’t grow mustaches. I know some men who can’t grow them either.

• Upvote 1