Mustache March

john

AFSOC policy memo prohibiting mustaches in 5, 4, 3...

What happened in AFSOC to make life suck these days? Years ago, I thought (or heard) that AFSOC was it's own little world where life was grand...tons of money, min queep, total mission focus. Sounds like not so much now. Was that true 'back in the day' or just propaganda?

What happened in AFSOC to make life suck these days? Years ago, I thought (or heard) that AFSOC was it's own little world where life was grand...tons of money, min queep, total mission focus. Sounds like not so much now. Was that true 'back in the day' or just propaganda?

Rapid growth and still growing. Queep was brought in from the outside...

We just had our Group CC perform the MHW inspection. Biggest takeaway was that we now have to lock up our booze, inside a room that is already cypher locked, in a building that is secured with locks etc. in order to prevent underage drinking. The budget isn't extravagent, and we still have to deal with things like "different pots of money" that keep us from updating weapons but instead outfitting every room in our building with flat screens we don't need. We are totally focused on the mission though. We just don't know which one is ours or most important. We posture for everything, play in our host wing's stupid wargames, and murder ourselves with excess flying hours. But yeah, supposed to be talking about mustaches. Which we don't actually get too much crap about.

I'll second the "why are people complaining" line of thought. Do you haters actually think Gen Welsh is trying to fool anyone with MM? He's trying to make the best of a bad situation. If you can't have a little fun now and again, you're way too uptight.

I don't think the AF was fixed overnight, and things are still pretty dismal, but now I don't have to wear blues on Monday, and my mustache is going to be wildly out of regs. Will either of those things affect a potential decision to get out? Nope.

• Upvote 3

Not sure id agree with this 100%. I came to AFSOC in '07 expecting to find a bunch of hard charging, mission focused, tactically proficient folks. Instead, I found a lot of small-mindedness, arrogance, and tactical flaccidity-all excused by cool knives, cool tactical vests, and "air commandoness." Granted I was only in one small corner, but I haven't seen much to change my original conclusions in the last 7 years. Sure, I've had the opportunity to do some cool stuff, but the lack of realization of potential in this command nearly brings me to tears. It's an unfortunate symptom of what I like to call excessive operational inbreeding. Additionally, we've had a terrible run of the most phenomenally abysmal leadership I've ever seen. The queep wasn't brought in from the outside, it was fabricated and embraced internally. But yes, we've tried to grow too large too quickly. I head something once about the folly of mass producing SOF. I also heard something about how people are more important than hardware...Naaaa, must be making shit up in my mind, probably need to drink less.

2.5 hour staff meeting? Yup, 'nuff said.

Back on topic, free beer for whomever posts an unaltered picture of Fiel with a clearly discernible mustache.

• Upvote 1

I briefly woke up in the Big Blue Room to hear a chick complain to the IG about how mustache march being promoted by the CSAF was basically a sexist thing to do and the how the females are being reduce to "roadies." You would not believe the applause she got...

But then he responded by saying, while not speaking for the CSAF, he probably meant it as a morale thing and that there was nothing wrong with a little spirit. To which he received the other half of the room's applause. I was shocked how split the room was.

I'll second the "why are people complaining" line of thought. Do you haters actually think Gen Welsh is trying to fool anyone with MM? He's trying to make the best of a bad situation. If you can't have a little fun now and again, you're way too uptight.

I don't think the AF was fixed overnight, and things are still pretty dismal, but now I don't have to wear blues on Monday, and my mustache is going to be wildly out of regs. Will either of those things affect a potential decision to get out? Nope.

You thought he suggested growing a mustache out of regulation? Even if he had suggested such a thing...there are far too many assholes between him and your mustache.

I briefly woke up in the Big Blue Room to hear a chick complain to the IG about how mustache march being promoted by the CSAF was basically a sexist thing to do and the how the females are being reduce to "roadies." You would not believe the applause she got...

But then he responded by saying, while not speaking for the CSAF, he probably meant it as a morale thing and that there was nothing wrong with a little spirit. To which he received the other half of the room's applause. I was shocked how split the room was.

:vomit: That almost makes me want to keep my mustache come 1 March. Almost...

Bendy

I briefly woke up in the Big Blue Room to hear a chick complain to the IG about how mustache march being promoted by the CSAF was basically a sexist thing to do and the how the females are being reduce to "roadies."

I wonder if she realizes she isn't required to ask a question at every mass gathering; out of control. Was quite surprised she didn't ask Newt why he was encouraging misogyny to the AF because he has had three wives.

The fact that the chick who asked that question can probably grow a better stache than most dudes was amusing to me. But it was still shocking how many people applauded her question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She probably participates in Armpit April...................................year 'round

• Upvote 1

Bender,

Believe it or not, but at Base X, the Staff Judge Advocate interpreted the words of the CSAF has a verbal waiver and briefed it as such to the FW/CC.

FW/CC agreed.

It's tough to have a "contest" if everyone's stache only goes as wide as the lips and as low as the upper lip line.

Cap-10

Edited by Cap-10

Bender,

Believe it or not, but at Base X, the Staff Judge Advocate interpreted the words of the CSAF has a verbal waiver and briefed it as such to the FW/CC.

FW/CC agreed.

It's tough to have a "contest" if everyone's stache only goes as wide as the lips and as low as the upper lip line.

Cap-10

I think you are an honest man...but, do not believe.

Bendy

Lol, good to know I'm among good peoples here in Montgomery. So out of curiosity from the new JQ public blog, what wing listed flying jets as it's 19th priority? Fess up if you know...

My money is on Dover or Travis.