Military Posers

Guest Fred

I think these clips have serious potential. Wxpunk, you sound like a radio station intern that calls people and gets them to say ridiculous shit. I just fixed my speakers so that I could hear these new clips, and they are nucking futs. I want to warn you though that these will be circulating around my Detachment come Fall. Good work! :D

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OdetoBillyJoe

WX...Oh my dear Lord!!! WOW!!! My husband is a C-130 pilot...I still don't know jackshit about flying but even I could tell he was blowing smoke. Poor fellow! How can you guys, who actually know about this stuff, listen to this without just going nuts??!! Anyways, it gave me lots of laughs. By the way, SEVERAL guys say they are hot shot military men in bars!!! I've come in contact with way more than I could mention. It used to just piss me off....now I would actually entertain them...just to get a laugh out of it. ~Leigh~ (oops..no I wouldn't, I am a married woman...I don't "entertain" men in bars anymore)

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by OdetoBillyJoe:

I still don't know jackshit about flying but even I could tell he was blowing smoke. By the way, SEVERAL guys say they are hot shot military men in bars!!! I've come in contact with way more than I could mention. It used to just piss me off....now I would actually entertain them

Wildthing

Guest Wxpunk

Since it's Friday and all, I'll see if I can produce a few more laughs tonight.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking of the "mach 6" story first. I know I've had a request for the F-14 and Apache...I'll see what I can do. He's never mentioned a helo before, but I wouldn’t put anything past him!

----------

Wxpunk

Guest CoupPawn

WOW,

Wx. Just my opinion here, but for some reason it seems wrong to keep calling this guy and letting him make an ass out of himself. How can someone be so ignorant to his own twisted anecdotes?! This is like a Jerry Springer moment! :rolleyes:

That's a great idea.

Wxpunk, see if you can talk this guy into going onto Springer....and then reveal him as a fake right there on national television! If the guy isn't a fat redneck prone to start swinging, I'm sure Jerry would provide a few.

Guest Wxpunk

The way I see it, it's a trade-off: I don't bust on him for being so completely full of $hit and, in return, I use his material as entertainment on this board.

Also, it's not like he knows. Believe it or not, there's been some extra pep in his step lately. He feels important. I wouldn't take that away from him.

I actually like the guy. I just don't think its right that he claims all this stuff. This is maybe my way of making it okay...dunno.

--------------

Wxpunk

Guest Wxpunk

You asked for more...I'm gonna give ya more!

In this recording, you can understand the interviewee perfectly and at a normal volume. However, it is very difficult to hear my questions. It really isn’t that important once he gets going on his rants.

Just know that I'm asking about the F-14 first, then the "mach 6" adventure, then helicopters, then the Apache.

I compressed the eight minutes into one file for a change. Enjoy!

Friday Night Live! (7.31 MB) FILE REMOVED TO CLAIM BACK FAMILY WEBSPACE

-------------

Wxpunk

[ 08. June 2005, 15:51: Message edited by: Wxpunk ]

Guest Awol55

This guy is so Hilarious!! What's even funnier is that loosely (and correct me if I'm off here), the numbers work out roughly for the speed and distance for a direct route (at FL400, mach 3.0 is about 1980-1985 mph. Allowing to slow down for a few minutes to tank...) Hey - what if this guy really did it?? :D :D

[ 03. June 2005, 18:24: Message edited by: Awol55 ]

Guest Awol55

Yea, I didn't bother adding in the time he'd spend in the terminal area (penetration, approach, etc.) 'cause I figured he would have made up for that in that 'descent with afterburner'...

[ 03. June 2005, 18:47: Message edited by: Awol55 ]

There is no way a f-14 could travel at Mach 3 for that distance, the wings would burn off. (@ Mach 3 the wings would reach a heat of approx 650 degrees.)

From AF Fact sheet

Speed- 1,584 mph (2,548km/h) Max. speed at 40,000 ft (12,200 m)Max Mach Number = 1.88 Cruise Mach Number = .72

Fuel: 16, 200 lbs. Internal fuel: 3, 800 lbs. External

Maximum range- 1,600 nm (2,573km)

No way it's true (Maybe in a SR-71)

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by c17wannabe:

2119.5 nautical miles from KSAN to KJFK. Divided by 1.25 hours = 1695.6kts. Of course that is without any approach or taxiing etc. It's soo crazy, it just might work. :D

You're not supposed to add taxi time in the USAF.

However, lots of guys add five minutes after landing. They are wrong and I have never heard a good reason guys do that. Some of the stupid reasons are...they are selfish, they want to pad their logbook with time that isn't actually FLIGHT time or they try to BFM the rules about 781 land time.

[ 03. June 2005, 19:42: Message edited by: Rainman A-10 ]

Originally posted by Rainman A-10:

You're not supposed to add taxi time in the USAF.

However, lots of guys add five minutes after landing.

I don't know what dictates it, but I'm pretty sure this is a standard throug most fighters. I've been taught from day one of Tweets to add five minutes to my flight time for taxi ops. The way I look at it, it doesn't have anything to do with my flight time, it has to do with the engine time of the aircraft for 781 and MX purposes.

Most (not all) airlines allow you to add .2 or .3 to your military time. Since we only start the clock from the TO to the Land. VS-civilians from the time the hobbs meter starts turning, or the time the door shuts.

Guest TheBurt

Wx,

Thanks man! I let my crashpad mates listen in, and we were crying-laughing at the end. We do feel for the guy, and like George Castanza said, "it's not lying if you believe it". BTW FedEx let's you count .2 hours per sortie.

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by Toro:

I don't know what dictates it

Nothing dictates it. The reg says 781 land time is when you landed. If you are on the ground for more than 5 minutes you break the forms, N/A unless you are doing a combat turn/hot pit.

Adding five minutes is "standard" because everyone is looking for that extra 0.1 but it is wrong. It has nothing to do with mx.