Any Bourbon Drinkers?

ClearedHot

I am a Maker's Mark drinker, although I recently enjoyed a bottle of Evan Williams.

Any other takers?

Evan Williams is excellent in egg nog. I like makers too, but discovered Bulleit Bourbon when they ran out of Makers down in Christchruch, NZ. I highly recommend it.

Coasta

I am a Maker's Mark drinker, although I recently enjoyed a bottle of Evan Williams.

Any other takers?

F_ck yeah! My drink of choice, actually. While I still enjoy a cold beer or ten, there's nothing like a good bourbon on the rocks with a stogie, sitting on the front porch watching the world go by.

I know I'll take some shit for this, but Southern Comfort is actually my favorite sipping bourbon. Maker's Mark after that, then Jim Beam.

Since baseopsapalooza v1.0 never happened....may I suggest a "drinking tour of TN/KY" this summer? I've been trying to talk the wife into it, but she's having none of it. The idea would be to hit Jack Daniels, Maker's Mark, and Jim Beam distilleries, then maybe make stops at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY, and finally end up at the AF Museum in Dayton, or maybe the Louisville air show this summer. Comments?

Was a big burbon drinker for several years. Crown and Jack mostly (single barrel and silver select), but over the last 3 years or so I've switched to Scotch. Got a bottle of Glenfiddich 30 y/o right now...just looking for an occasion to drink it.

Was a big burbon drinker for several years. Crown and Jack mostly (single barrel and silver select), but over the last 3 years or so I've switched to Scotch. Got a bottle of Glenfiddich 30 y/o right now...just looking for an occasion to drink it.

Ahhh...not to get too technical, but all bourbons are whiskey, but not all whiskey (Jack and Crown) are bourbons! :D

Bourbon vs. Whiskey

J. Weed Is what I grab when I want to start the night off right (5-7 shots straight up, and im feeling good later... really good) New Years I did 10 shots in Unison to DG (not my brightest moment) the result is what my fraternity brothers have called pressure washer puke. A weed drunk is a different drunk altogether, it takes a good hour or so, then it hits you.

I must be crazy SoCo tastes like an m&m shell

Ive been getting into Johhnie Walker Black, cant enjoy Jack for some reason.

Since baseopsapalooza v1.0 never happened....may I suggest a "drinking tour of TN/KY" this summer? I've been trying to talk the wife into it, but she's having none of it. The idea would be to hit Jack Daniels, Maker's Mark, and Jim Beam distilleries, then maybe make stops at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green, KY, and finally end up at the AF Museum in Dayton, or maybe the Louisville air show this summer. Comments?

I wish I could participate in that. Instead, I have to tour the world through the aisles at the Class VI.

Berg--If you're going to tour Jack Daniels, you've got to tour George Dickel. Everyone I know laughs that I drink it because they've never heard of it. If the price of a bottle is indicative of quality, consider this: Jim Beam at Class VI currently on sale for $14. Jack Daneils, $17. George Dickel, $22. Woodford Reserve, $29

Woodford Reserve=good stuff. I've been eyeing the Knob Creek, but I'm going to polish off my other bottles first.

I'm like a dog watching television with this new format. Eh.

I was pretty sure Jack and Crown were bourbons technically speaking, but I've been wrong before. Next time I'll do a little research into my booze.

Jack Daniels is Tennessee Whiskey, not Bourbon. Bourbon used to have to come from the county in Kentucky to be called Bourbon, but I think that is no longer the law. I do know however, that since JD goes through a charcoal filter it is not Bourbon, but Tennessee Whiskey.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Guest ACJ7464
You've got to tour George Dickel. Everyone I know laughs that I drink it because they've never heard of it. If the price of a bottle is indicative of quality, consider this: Jim Beam at Class VI currently on sale for $14. Jack Daneils, $17. George Dickel, $22. Woodford Reserve, $29

If you want to sit and enjoy a bourbon/whiskey neat then Dickle is a must try. Dickle #8 is good but for the smoothest of smooth try the #12. If you ask at your Class VI they should be able to get you the good stuff.

If you want to sit and enjoy a bourbon/whiskey neat then Dickle is a must try. Dickle #8 is good but for the smoothest of smooth try the #12. If you ask at your Class VI they should be able to get you the good stuff.

I love bourbon...Evan and coke is my friend

Guest RabidWombat

i take whatever the pretty girl at the counter puts in my glass when i stumble up and slur whiskey/bourbon and coke.... but if i must say: knob creek... or bookers(is that a bourbon or a whiskey? whatever, its good.)

peace

RW