Studying abroad

Guest Tertle

As long as you do a univ sanctioned program AND run it by cadre first, then there will probably be minimal security effect. Your original plan of just throwing together some 1 year sabbatical/take a few classes was much sketchier than a semester long, univ program. The latter will most likely be fine. If you still really want to fly, be absolutely sure this WILL NOT hamper your future flying career. It would be ideal to do a semester program the Fall semester of your senior year...that way you'll be done w/ pilot selection (hopefully), can get brooks out of the way, etc. all before you leave. Shoot for that and you'll be good to go.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KoolKat

Well...one way or the other, I still think I'd rather spend my 6 months getting right next to puking drunk and trying to get every good looking girl I can find to come back to my room so I can roll around with her in my bed until 0300 every night, rather than spend it in some shithole part of the globe (which I have ample opportunity to do during my career anyway) trying to figure out Sabiri, the TCN, insists on not wearing shoes even though there is a f_ckin' adidas factory .25 NM up the damn street.

I admire your ambition, as well as your insight to understand that nothing in life is promised. However, I still find the entire idea retarded. Just my opinion.

Study abroad can be one of the most enjoyable times in college. If you choose to go, more power to you...I hope you enjoy that. Just understand that you are going to have many opportunities to travel abroad plenty, it doesn't have to be right now. Think about what you'll be missing while you're gone and decide if that's worth it.

And just to reiterate, regardless of whether or not it's an offical program or not...don't go getting your f_cking head chopped off. There are people out there that would happily roll you up and make an example out of you. Even though you are still just a harmless, innocent cadet. ;)

I liked the post about perceptions. You seemed not to grasp the message initially; granted, it wasn't spelled out for you, but that is the point of what was being said. It applies to everything else you do as well. People do not know you and if you give them doubt, it creeps into every facet of their perception. Do everything you can to keep it sqweaky clean, it's very difficult to restore once it's tarnished.

Good luck with whatever you decide, man. Just have fun, it's what your supposed to be doing right now.

BENDY

Guest ShortThrow

You posted that at 2330 my time, aren't you supposed to be drinking by now?

The only reason I want to do it early in life is so that I can have the knowledge and experience for wherever my career takes me. I know I'll get flamed snap style for saying this, but I want to end up in diplomacy or in the State department as someone had mentioned earlier; and I think an experience like this would really help me improve my understanding and outlook on the rest of the world and out 'enemies'.