?s on ROTC Stipend

Guest ThunderCat

Guest ThunderCat

Does anyone know when our AFROTC stipends will end if we are commissioning? For example, I am commissionig 5 May, will I still get the stipend 1 May or will my last one be 14 Apr?

Guest Sebastian

You are/were supposed to get a memo from your NCOs. Ask them.

I feel I'm getting screwed...my last pay date is on 29 Apr (so i won't get my whole 200 stipend) -even though I don't commission until 14 May. I pretty sure this date 29 Apr isn't the ending date for everyone though.

I'll dig around for some more info later.

Originally posted by Thriller:

Commissioning 12 May...Stipend ends 12 May

Peace,

THRILLER

Not true. Your stipend will end at a certain point in time depending on how long its been since your scholarship was activated. For instance, I commision 6 May, but my stipend will expire in mid April. Your cadre will have the specifics on yours.

Originally posted by wnanna:

And one of those years I wasn't on scholarship or getting stipend (AS 200)

Doesn't matter. Like its been stated, you're only covered for 900 days of POC. This is less than three years, and I believe it starts either right after coompletion of FT or possibly the first day of school your AS 300 year...can't remember, but it's different for most everyone.

Originally posted by FallingOsh:

It also depends on your scholarship. 5 year tech scholarship guys keep getting a stipend through their 5th year.

Doesn't matter if it's a Type I or Type II...you get 900 days of stipend as a POC cadet with an approved extension on your DOC/DOG. This leaves 170 days of paying stipend as a POC cadet for your 5th year...hence the end of stipend before graduation.

Guest cb03t

Dude, you only get 600 days of stipend, period. Why is there still an argument, if you don't believe it, ask your NCO's. You should've had to sign off on a doc saying you understand your last stipend (or two I guess if you graduate in May) will be either smaller or non existant.

Guest Sebastian
Originally posted by FalconXtreme:

question: do all POCs got stipends whether ur on scholarship or not?

yes. $175 every 2 weeks for AS300s and $200 every two weeks fro AS400s.

I guess what I meant was that it depends on your major. If you are a tech major, you get stipend through your 5th year. If you're a non-tech like me, the stipend stops around the end of you're fourth year. My roommate is engineering and will keep getting stipend. My other friend is criminal justice and will not get any more stipend regardless of whether or not he graduates now or next year.

Maybe that's what you meant by approval of extension. I think this is why people are arguing over 600 or 900 days.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jimbo2552

CTA's also get stipend extendend, anyways thats what my NCO told me when everyone's in my class ended mid April I get mine upto commissioning - 27 may.

Originally posted by Jimbo2552:

CTA's also get stipend extendend, anyways thats what my NCO told me when everyone's in my class ended mid April I get mine upto commissioning - 27 may.

That's correct.

• 1 year later...
Guest pblarson7

"ctas get extended stipend beyond the normal 600 days"

Can anyone still confirm this? Do you have supporting AFI / AFROTCI?

"5-year scholarship cadets with approved 5-year majors (SECAF authorized) for 900 days of stipend rather than the typical 600"

What about approved 5-year major non-scholarship? Supporting AFI / AFROTCI?

I've been scouring manuals all morning and can't find quite what I'm looking for, thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RuffRider101

Hey all...I've heard rumors that our stipend is going to get increased for this upcoming fiscal year. I heard that it might be increased $100. More money for :beer: and hot pockets!!! I also heard that they're increasing our book money. Can anyone confirm this? And possibly when if so?

We just received confirmation from our AFROTC region commander that stipends are increasing as follows:

All,

- Gen Looney just approved AFROTC's stipend increase request

- Monthly stipend for cadets will increase $50/month for GMC and $100/month for POC beginning 1 Oct 07

- That brings monthly stipends to the following monthly values:

AS100 -- $300

AS200 -- $350

AS300 -- $450

AS400 -- $500

- ARMS announcement to follow shortly!

Haha, very well then. I still motion for the AD beer fund. I heard books went up to $900 from $500. If that's the case, either the AF is just that dumb or kids are that dumb and actually buying WAY too many books. Unbelievable that someone would really need $900 for books while getting a bachelors.