?s on ROTC Stipend

Guest ThunderCat

Guest pblarson7

Why wouldn't they extend 700 / 5th year cadets' stipend while increasing everyone elses'? (approved SECAF degree, non-scholarship)...still a little bitter about my stipend running out unexpected

• 4 weeks later...
Guest davalt10

So I heard today from a P.O.C. who said that the stipend is no longer going up. Is there any truth to this?

• 2 weeks later...

Col. Kunzweiler was at our ARCON this weekend and basically said hurry up and wait. it was all planned to go but the Finance folks are what is holding it all up; we are waiting for thier approval even after Gen. Flowers gave the go ahead. Don't be looking for it till Nov. 15. The good news is that it will be retro active to 1 Oct.

Edited by Vandal905

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Nav_Guy

Newest word from the Commander's Conference last week is that the money is backed up in Congress and cadets won't see the stipend increase until 1 Jan.

Newest word from the Commander's Conference last week is that the money is backed up in Congress and cadets won't see the stipend increase until 1 Jan.

The problem most likely stems from the fact that Congress has yet to pass a budget. Everyone is on a continuing resolution for funding. You are pretty much unlikely to see anything until after the budget passes. Any date that you get is someone's best guess at this point. Just be glad you are still getting paid.

I heard from our CC that the wait is actually because of the AF wide wait on Congress to approve our Fiscal Year budget. She said we should be seeing it in Jan and it is planned to be a back payment all the way from 1 Oct. I guess they are going to move the retroactive payment date back to 1 Oct instead of 15 Oct to compensate for the long wait. So POC on scholorship should be getting a cool $500 or so sometime in Dec/Jan. To the bars we go... :beer:

I wonder if the book $ are based on region cause we haven't seen ours yet...either way, Congress hates us.

Det 280 Moto: "Little does the Gov't know they are funding our drinking habits."

• 2 months later...