Space A(vailable) Info

Chicken

It can't be any better than SMS. You need a CAC reader to use SMS, but it is free and will give you the "most" accurate info. Also (like I mentioned before), shotgun your Space-A request to every Pax terminal you can find. If it comes down to date signed up, you want to have to best chance (especially if you're at the end of your timeline). PM me with any other ?'s...

• 5 months later...

Question for the masses: let's say I have a rotator scheduled out of BWI next Wednesday to OTBH which stops at ETAR. Let's also say that I wanted to leave BWI for ETAR on Saturday and drink beer in Germany for a couple days before picking up my scheduled rotator to OTBH from ETAR. How would I go about trying to get on the earlier flight?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anybody have gouge on traveling "space required"?  I'm trying to get a ride to/from TDY location. Both origin and destination are OCONUS.  Passenger terminal said its not doable, but i think that's because I was using the wrong terminology. Commercial air is available, just looking for more options.

I've only heard the term "space required" used around a deployed AOR....essentially the same thing as "space available" anywhere else.  They're both "standy by" in airline speak, you show 69 hours before your flight, and every passenger terminal has a different SOP regarding required paperwork, stamps, etc.  Commercial is a million times better if that's an option.

Pretty sure space required means you have a ULN, like you would traveling around (or to) the AOR. In other words, whoever is paying for the mission has said you are a required passenger on the mission when they put in their request to transcom for lift.

• 3 years later...

Thread bump.

Never flown Space-A and wanting to try it to get to ETAR.  Which east coast base would be my best bet to catch a ride out there?  What's the latest system/app for checking itineraries? 

Check the pax terminal Facebook pages. Charleston is probably your best bet, but Dover and McGuire are definitely worth checking as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread bump.
Never flown Space-A and wanting to try it to get to ETAR.  Which east coast base would be my best bet to catch a ride out there?  What's the latest system/app for checking itineraries? 

BWI Patriot Express is your best bet. Twice a week each way.

Latest app is Facebook.

• 1 month later...