POC Benefits

Guest Goose

Originally posted by jazzdude:

If you can do an intership, it'll probably be in your best interest. Try for a summer internship, but if you can get picked up, it'll be a good experience.

IMHO, this is VERY good info. I was fortunate enough to get an internship over the summer between my fourth and fifth year and it rocked.

[ 27. April 2006, 05:29: Message edited by: Toro ]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all due respect, this IS posted in the ROTC/OTS lounge, and has info that someone out there might find useful to some cadets down the road. Just remember that the cadets are still in the middle of 'playing the game' - nothing is guaranteed until you pin on those butterbars.

at the risk of being shit on over the message board, I still spit shine my low quarters and boots, don't roll up my sleeves, normally wear the brown BDU undershirt, and have spent hours of my own time making sure things get done (and keeping my subordinates from being ****ed over like I have been in the past by poor excuses for leaders). I take time out of my schedule to help out with the freshmen cadets, hang out at the det, am on the drill team as well as our band. And you know what, I don't care what other people think- I personally find it rewarding to help the freshmen, and give them the same experience and support that I received from some stellar cadets when I was younger. Until I pin on (in a month in a half), I plan to be the best ****ing cadet that I can be, because thats all I am until I pin on.

"Do your best at your current assignment, whatever it may be"

[ 24. April 2006, 00:10: Message edited by: jazzdude ]

Guest uniballvisionmicro
Originally posted by jazzdude: Until I pin on (in a month in a half), I plan to be the best ****ing cadet that I can be, because thats all I am until I pin on.

"Do your best at your current assignment, whatever it may be" [/QB]

You are also a college student for a month and a half. Dont forget that. Live it up bro, you made it. Dont wish you had drank one more beer or hooked up with one more sorostitute in college. The chicks arent as hot on active duty!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pjk91

I'm a cross towner. I live at home. I commute to my cross-town school 45min each way, commute to work 15 min away from my school each way, and commute to my Det another 45 min each way. I also work 30 hrs a week, and having a responsibility filled job within the wing next semester I am looking forward to. However, I'm not looking forward to longer nights as it is. I work nearly full-time to pay for school/insurance/gas, just so that when I grad, I have no bills.

I'm defintely looking forward to being a POC. I do as much as I possibly can, given my time constraints.