Good evening everyone,
I am trying to get either OTS slot in USAF or OCS in navy. I want to be a pilot and since getting a slot is extremely competitive, I am trying my luck for both branches
- 23 years old, 5'9 height
- Bachelors in Health Sciences with two minors ( Math, Arabic)
- Top of my class summa cumme laude (3.92 overall GPA, 3.75 science)
- bilingual in Arabic
- 3 years of aviation experience ( Ramp agent, airline dispatcher) no flying I know!!!
- although I don't have a technical degree, I have a lot of science classes under my belt ( calc1,calc 2, calc 3, phy 1, phy 2, gen chem 1, gen chem 2, ochem 1, ochem 2, bio.............)
I can't think of any beside my GPA and language skills.
- Less available slots due to many being reserved for academy (both AF and Navy). In addition, many being taken by ROTC's and I have to compete for whatever is left ( OTS or OCS.)
- Although I have taken a lot of science classes, my degree is still not technical.
- No private license or flight hours.
I have taken AFOQT (P 96/N 94/AA 82/V 70/Q 92 ) and currently studying for the ASTB. I know my disadvantages but I want to know my chances of getting a pilot slot in either branch. I spoke to both recruiters (Navy, AF) an no one is giving me a clear answer or indication about my chances.
One more question, I applied for Air force OTS and currently in the process of applying for Navy OCS. my navy recruiter told me it's not a problem while my air force recruiter told me I can only apply for one service at a time. I researched online and through many forums without finding anything. So what is the truth can I apply for both programs at the same time or I would be flagged for doing that?