Super Hornet question.

Ribox12

Is the Super Hornet still capable against emerging threats from the Mig-35 and Flanker Series?

It seems that the Super Hornet and Mig/Flankers have the same agility and same weapon, systems package. Their both heavy weight fighters. But the Super Hornet and Flanker is just a competitive match in a WVR/BVR fight. But the the SH seems to have the better systems, avionics and weapons. While they both are equally great in WVR, but the SH has far better nose authority (to point the nose where it wants to go). But the Flanker seems to be better at speed. But we'll determine if that fight really happens.

Also is it still still capable/good in the Air Superiority role as its secondary mission?

Even from avionics APG-79, sensors pilot and its things needed, should make it a capable/great Air-to-Air fighter against other fighters. The SH is only lacking the acceleration and speed. But the EPE Engines should help the kinematic performance and should increase A2A capability against faster higher flying targets in A2A. The Super Hornet has JHMCS Aim-9x APG-79, AIM-120's to follow up to be capable again in A2A. However it's reciving new Block III upgrade for IRST (Another important thing in A2A) etc.

It's survivable and it's got good dogfighting abilities and great manuverablility armed with A2A missiles. Also great aerodynamic performance while carrying missiles.

I might be counting about 14 total AMRAAM's or 12x AMRAAMS.

fa18e_.jpg

Wrong. There are only 8 AMRAAMs in that picture. That is why you're not being taken seriously. Among other reasons of course.

Tonka,

God bless you. What an amazing post.

The hornet's thrust vectoring, combined with the fact that it's the only airplane that can fly underwater, make it better than most modern russian fighters, in my opinion.

Hornets don't have TVC on them. They have a unlimited AoA unit from ~50°+ AoA. But the hornet and Super Hornet have great maneuverability at high and slow speeds. the Super Hornet has the manuverablility of a Russian fighter :)

Edited by Ribox12

The hypersonic cruise, coupled with clean-burning flux capacitance engines give it a huge advantage over the X-wing in all regimes of inter- & exo-atmospheric flight. Combine that with the recent addition of dual phase plasma cannons in the 40-watt range make it the most formidable fighter ever flown. If the pilot has a high thetan count, the effect on the super hornets lethality is exponentially increased.

• Upvote 5

The hypersonic cruise, coupled with clean-burning flux capacitance engines give it a huge advantage over the X-wing in all regimes of inter- & exo-atmospheric flight. Combine that with the recent addition of dual phase plasma cannons in the 40-watt range make it the most formidable fighter ever flown. If the pilot has a high thetan count, the effect on the super hornets lethality is exponentially increased.

It's by far the best spec-ops fighter in the world, hands down.

• Upvote 1

Oops my mistake thanks for the correction. :( What do you mean by not taken seriously from other ways and that. This is a serious question. I'm not here being a delusional on a post

Or speaking good english

Plus 10% nailed it, we just don't talk about the particle beam death ray (PBDR).

Somebody IP address this fool, my guess is India or Pakistan.

Edited by matmacwc

Move on, you have no formal education on military physics or the aircraft that I'm talking about. We should keep an eye on you. Mabye you being a delusional. But I'm keeping it nicely please go to another thread. I'm not a Pakistani or Indian you fool. Fools predict something ridiculous. :(

Your English is shit, your assumptions are shit, your attitude is shit. Leave now, many people on this forum know each other and what we do, and they are laughing at you.

I disagree. You need 1.21 gigawatts to activate the flux capacitor. I understand that both the PAK FA and the J-20 are equipped with a Mr. Fusion-type capacitance devise, far superior IMHO. I won't even get into the disparity in neural-net processors.

Hornets don't have TVC on them. They have a unlimited AoA unit from ~50°+ AoA. But the hornet and Super Hornet have great maneuverability at high and slow speeds. the Super Hornet has the manuverablility of a Russian fighter :)

I heard their AOA went up to 11 and that was more than enough, not sure where the 50 + comes from.

• Upvote 2

This one is my favorite.

reply to post by Ribox12

Ok, but don't let the critics or Hornet haters let you down. wink.gif I'm sure many Hornet lovers have faith in the Super Hornet performing great in A2A combat. thumbup.gif It's always been great in A2A fighter as it's secondary role, following Ground Attack and Tanker. It's a great WVR fighter too. The thing is many people consider T/W Ratio as maneuverability which normally the Rhino's T/W is 0.93, but it isn't maneuverability. It's aerodynamic and performance of the machine. The Rhino is far more maneuverable than the A-D armed with A2A missiles. While the A-D Hornet is far maneuverable than the Super Hornet if it's clean.

Thrust-to-weight ratio is a ratio of thrust to weight of a rocket, jet engine, propeller engine, or a vehicle propelled by such an engine. It is a dimensionless quantity and is an indicator of the performance of the engine or vehicle.

The thrust-to-weight ratio based on initial thrust and weight is often published and used as a figure of merit for quantitative comparison of the initial performance of vehicles

Recommend "EPIC" title addition

Boobs, Russian troll, and spec-ops fighter all in one.

Anybody have Photoshop skillz? Defensive Egg plus Super Hornet....go.

post-1691-0-09868800-1373932283_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1